Perfectly situated in the Itchen Valley between the Georgian market town of Alresford and the Cathedral City of Winchester, providing easy access to great shopping and historic venues, with the benefit of being in a picturesque village. This lovely annexe to a Manor house has stunning walks right from the front door, and a local riverside pub just a stone's throw away. We hope you will agree that our light, spacious annexe makes an ideal base for families and anyone keen to explore Hampshire.
The Annexe contains a living room, 2 separate bedrooms, both with en-suites, a kitchen and hallway. The kitchen is stocked with crockery and essential utensils to enable guests to self cater. There is a large living room with two sofas, a table football, a toy cupboard and a TV. There is also a log burning stove (logs will be provided). There is no fixed guard around the stove, however there is a small fire guard which can provide a visual barrier. Guests are responsible for their own safety in regard to the stove. The living room has two french windows leading to the private outdoor space. This space comprises of a small grassed area, gravel and two small patios. During the summer it catches the sun, making it ideal for outdoor eating and relaxing.
Access the annexe to the rear, through the gravel parking area (see photos). The entrance is via the kitchen. However guests are able to use the 'front door' to access the private outdoor space.
Interaction with guests
Hopefully everything will be in place for your stay, but we are usually around, so you can contact us. We will respect your privacy, leaving you to enjoy your stay.
Other things to note
There is no washing machine, or drier, in the annexe. However you are welcome to use the ones in our house by prior arrangement.
- THE POOL IS TOO COLD NOW - but during the summer months, guests will have daily access to the swimming pool. Times to be discussed. PLEASE NOTE - IT WILL NOT BE HEATED UNTIL LATE JUNE. It does have a fantastic cover, so will warm up naturally IF we have good weather. DO contact us if you would like to know more about the pool.
- The small garden you can see in the pictures is for your sole use.
- If you feel like stretching your legs there are lots of great walks if you TURN LEFT and head towards the road. If you turn RIGHT you can only walk to the end of our garden wall/bridge. The rest of the track is a private road. Please do not walk down their as you will be trespassing.
- We have 3 sons aged between 8 and 12. Many of their toys are stored in the living room. They are happy to share these with your children.
- We can provide: travel cot, high chair, potty, changing mat. Please be aware, there are no childproof locks on any cupboards in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Guest parking is to the rear of the annexe only. Space for 2 cars. 3 at a squeeze!
- No smoking extends to the outside spaces.
- The Manor House garden is private and not for the use of guests.
- Only guests over the age of 10 years are liable for the additional night charge of £10. This charge applies only if you have more than 4 guests in your party.