On a few acres of land in a rural neighbourhood on the outskirts of Sydney, our place provides a peaceful and comfortable place to stay among orchards and gardens close to parks and bushland but only a bit over an hour to be in the centre of Sydney. Though the local shopping centre and coffee shops are an easy walk, it would be best to have a car to access the train station. If you want to accommodate a larger group, there are two other bedrooms available on other listings.
This is an attractive carpeted room with a comfortable queen size bed, bedside tables and lamps, a mirror and a wardrobe. Your private bathroom is just down the hallway.
The whole downstairs floor of the house is accessible to guests, including the shared kitchen/family room and lounge/dining/tv room. Spare bedrooms adjacent to yours can be used to store luggage. Your private space is the bedroom and bathroom. Guests are welcome to use the deck area and to wander in the gardens and pick fruit if it is in season. You may like to taste our honey from our own beehives.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy chatting with guests and are happy to help if assistance is needed. However we know that when you are travelling many guests need their own space and privacy.
Other things to note
We have an outside dog, Rusty, who is friendly and gentle. If this is a problem for anyone we can arrange gates to be closed to restrict contact with the dog.
On Tuesdays we care for our grandsons, 2 and 4 years. On those days there will be more noise, and we will ask to use your bathroom when you do not need it, to bath the children.
- Please be as quiet as possible after 10.30pm.
- Please be aware that each Tuesday we have grandchildren visiting, so on those days there will be additional noise and during the day your bathroom will be used.
- You are welcome to use the kitchen and loungeroom but these spaces are shared with us.
- Feel free to roam in the garden and pick fruit from the trees in season.
- Breakfast ( cereals, fruit, yoghurt, toast, homemade jam) will be a serve yourself arrangement but if the chickens have laid you are welcome to cook fresh eggs.
- Though a dryer is available on wet days, we would prefer you use the plentiful sunlight and breeze to dry clothes to save on electricity.
- We have a friendly, gentle outside dog who loves to be patted.