Wonderfully central location, all the mod cons and a host with over 10 years experience as an expat in Shanghai. Your private room is one of three bedrooms in the apartment.
Spacious lounge, fully equipped kitchen, extensive library of guides, maps and books on Shanghai for your use. Located in the Former French Concession close to five metro lines.
Your host loves to meet new people from all over the world!
The apartment has all the modern accessories to make your stay very comfortable, heated towel rails, electric blankets, fans, heaters and AC, wifi, scanner, printer, iron, laundry service twice a week including ironing.
Fully equipped kitchen including an expresso machine, nutri bullet smoothie maker, large fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher.
Extensive library of Shanghai guides, maps and books, and many other books on Chinese history and culture.
All amenities are available to guests, including kitchen appliances, laundry, home office equipment. All rooms except your host's bedroom.
Interaction with guests
Your host is home most weekday mornings. You can join her for your complimentary Continental-style breakfast. Pick her brains on Shanghai, the city she has loved for over 10 years.
Most evenings your host won't be home until around 8pm. If you fancy a night in, there is a large range of DVD movies and TV series on offer.
Your host speaks very basic Chinese and better French.
Other things to note
Your host volunteers part time, as the Knitting Manager, for a charity, Heart to Heart, that helps rural Chinese children get their congenital heart defects repaired.
Once a week on Wednesday afternoons, and sometimes evenings, knitters and crocheters gather in the apartment. They knit teddy bears, clothing for teddy bears and blankets that are sold to raise money for Heart to Heart.
You would be welcome to join in if you like, or even visit the local hospital assembly room where other expat volunteers gather to get teddy bears ready for sale.
- Please only heat, cool or light a room you are in, when going out switch off all appliances
- Of course if you are using heating or AC all windows should be closed
- Conserve water when you can please, don't run the water more than necessary, especially the hot water
- Please do not leave windows open more than 2-3 cms as the cats will get out and that's not good for their health
- Shoes are optional, but please wipe your shoes when entering, slippers are available if preferred in the cabinet by the front door
- Food and drinks can be consumed as long as they're replaced or paid for, except for complementary breakfast foods of course
- No smoking anywhere in the apartment please
- Alcohol other than beers in the fridge are strictly off limits
- You can come and go at any hour of the day or night, just please be quiet during sleeping hours
- Your friends and family are welcome to visit for a drink or a meal
- Small parties are welcome, just let me know what's happening and when
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View other reviews