We're excited to be able to share this beautiful spot with you in Sinclair’s Island, NS! Come spend some time in a simple, quaint & peaceful waterfront cottage on the Northumberland Strait! The perfect place to unplug, this truly is a place for people who love to be near the ocean! Look in any direction from the front & be awed by the Atlantic. A 2 minute walk will bring you to the beach, which might as well be private! It's all waiting here in Sinclair's Island - we'll see you soon!
A family cottage with a quirky sense of style, this is the place we like to come to unwind. Sometimes referred to as "rustic" or "rugged", and nicknamed the "little cottage" by those who love it, 8 Oceanview has been in our family for many years - it's a great getaway for us and we hope it will be for you too. It's not a modern oasis and may be a little rough around the edges, but it's a great place to unplug, relax and breath in the fresh salt air!
Please do not access the back shed - otherwise, it's all yours during your stay!
Interaction with guests
You will have the cottage all to yourself during your stay (unless you need us)!
Other things to note
- Please note this is a truly rustic summer cottage. As such, it does not have some finishes you'd find in a home or professional rental, and unfortunately is not wheelchair accessible. It also does not have heating, but plenty of blankets will be provided to keep you warm! We've also embraced an open, breezy feel so you'll find no doors on the bedrooms (rest assured, there is a door on the bathroom!). We believe what it's missing in modern polish, it makes up for in homey charm - this is where we like to spend our free time!
- The cottage is on well water and has a small hot water heater, so if your family has multiple long showers in the morning (there is only a shower, no bathtub), the last one in will probably have a bit of a cold surprise!
- Please note that the cottage does not have WiFi or phone and therefore may not be suitable for those who don't have a cellphone which can make calls in Canada. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you appreciate the fun of being unplugged as much as we do!
- Well-behaved and on-leash dogs welcome! Please keep them on-leash outdoors at all times.
- Please note that the beach is accessible via a right-of-way and set of wooden stairs. Directly in front of the cottage property between the cottage and the beach is quite a steep drop off. For this reason, we also ask that small children are supervised at all times outdoors.
- No smoking indoors please. Also, please no candles or open flames indoors (or on the lawn). You are welcome to smoke on the deck.
- Many people enjoy Sinclair’s Island and its peaceful atmosphere. It’s a great little neighbourhood! Please enjoy the space and be mindful of the neighbours. The neighbouring cottage property begins approximately half a foot from the deck on the left side of the property. The property feels very open, but we mention it so visitors will understand the need to be mindful! For this reason, absolutely no parties permitted.
- Like many small family cottages, the cottage is on a small septic system. Please only flush toilet paper. Any other things flushed, even those which say they can be flushed (tampons, etc) could clog the septic tank and require a plumber. We wouldn't want any plumbing issues to interfere with your relaxing stay!
- Housekeeping: We’re lucky to have family helping us look after the cottage when we can’t be there, and would really appreciate if you could do a few things to help them out before you leave the cottage! Throughout your stay, please do sort your garbage, compost and recycling in the provided bins. Please wash any dishes before checkout, and pile any used towels and bedding in the laundry bags provided.
- Check-in between 3 pm – 7 pm. Please let us know when you’ll arrive. Late check-in may be available if coordinated in advance.
- We look forward to having you!
Hello AirBNB world! You want to know a little about me? How flattering!
Whether traveling locally or internationally, my husband and I love to find places where we can experience nature, unplug, and feel at peace. Whether we're at our own cottage, visiting family in Quebec, or on a riverboat in Germany, we like to recharge on vacation - our world can be so stressful! Enjoying new surroundings is really energizing. I can't count how many times at the end of a hike or a trip we've just looked at each other and smiled - there's nothing like it!
We hope to share our own little slice of peace and natural wonder in the form of our first AirBNB listing, and we'll continue to explore all those little corners of the world that take our breath away, and help us catch our breath, at the same time!