Welcome to The Hatch, our secret escape in Muskoka. Located 2 hours north of the GTA, follow the winding Fish Hatchery Road and arrive to the best views of the small and serene High Lake. Step inside our cottage and be welcomed by the sunny south facing exposure, tall ceilings, and lake views from every room. With the back deck perched 40 feet above the lake, you’ll be spending most of your time outside and if swimming is your thing, venture down to our dock to the clear sand-bottom waters.
More About Our Lake:
- 100 feet of private lakefront
- 40 steps down to private dock from back-deck
- ladder access into water directly from dock
- small area to wade into the water (smooth rock entrance, not a beach)
- shallow depth directly beside dock great for kids but gets deep fairly quick (so you can jump off of the end of the dock)
- Lots of trees for privacy and lots of space in between neighbours
More about the property:
- 2 x Brand new Kayaks (both single person)
- Access to a Paddleboat and pool floaties.
- Fire pit
- long driveway and large parking area, easy for car access, unloading, and loading up
- Flat surface in the front yard (parking lot area) for kids to play
- Perfect for outdoor dining (BBQ, huge deck)
- South facing exposure with plenty of outdoor chairs and loungers.
- All day sun! See the sun-rise and the sun-set.
- Road is paved so great for running, hiking, or biking (all ages).
Around High Lake/Fish Hatchery:
- Paved road (Fish Hatchery Road) leading to the cottage
- Lots of hiking in the area - quick walk down the road to access to Fish Hatchery/Skeleton lake hiking network (URL HIDDEN)
- Easy access to snowmobiling trails (URL HIDDEN)
- 2 waterfalls in the area (including one directly into the lake)
- Easy access to public boat launches into High Lake/Skeleton Lake (10 min drive to launch into Lake Rosseau which is connected to Lake Muskoka and Joseph) (URL HIDDEN)
Full access - every room and entire property.
Interaction with guests
The cottage will be self check in (at 4pm) via a keypad lock to the door. We will not be present at the cottage but will be available to guests in the event of emergencies. Cottage is also self check-out at 12pm on the day of departure. While you're at the cottage, you will be armed with everything you need to know about the cottage - where to find things, how to use things, etc. Minimum bookings 1 week during High Season.
- Rentals are 1 week minimum and run from Sunday to Sunday during the prime season (May through September).
- After labour day week, the minimum cottage rental is 3 nights (Friday-Monday or Thursday to Sunday).
- No motorized boats allowed for guests renting.
- Quiet hour starts at 11pm. Please be respectful and considerate of the neighbours.
- No daytime fires or burning. This is a strict bylaw as the risk of forest fires is high.
- No bachelor or bachelorette parties.