Green space, bordered by a reserve and creek. 10mins from Rocky on the Bruce Highway. 5 loosely-fenced acres; horses, dogs, cats and other animals are welcome here. We don't need curtains to hide our lush gardens and manicured lawns. Our home is a serene get-away for tired travelers, animal-lovers and escape-artists. Glendale Estate contains 5 and 10 acre blocks and is isolated from traffic by 4 No Through roads. As your hosts we can recommend great dining and entertaining in the local region.
Modern-vintage decor, new mattresses and pillows-views from every room of the house (no curtains.) Rarely found overnight spaces for people traveling with animals large and small. We accept all people and we will try to accommodate all animals. Our paddocks are loosely fenced and we cannot take liability for your pets who wander but we will give you an honest assessment of our suitability to your needs. Just ask!
Our sheds may have space for your use by prior arrangement. Our personal bedroom and ensuite is strictly ours as your rooms will be strictly your space only. We will arrange cleaning of your space around your schedule/s. At peak times our BNB is full. This means sharing ablutions, the kitchen/lounge and laundry spaces with us and our other guests. On the upside - you'll get to meet some fun and interesting travellers! Always keep in mind - our rooms don't have curtains and fellow guests require privacy. Please be mindful when exploring our gardens that you might be disturbing another guest. You may enter and leave without prior notice to us however we do ask you to confirm any breakfast requirements you have.
Interaction with guests
We want our guests to feel at ease, relaxed and above all - at home. When you arrive, please ask us anything - no matter how small - to help maximise your relaxation time in our home.
Other things to note
We have no local store and we are situated 10kms from any such convenience. Woolworths at Parkhurst is our nearest convenience complex and you can purchase fuel, pharmaceuticals, sushi, fresh bread, a manicure, a haircut, liquid beverages, meat and a pub meal within the same complex. The Capricorn Caves are a wonder to behold and there are often events (Opera in the Caves) held there. We recommend The Caves Country Pub (open seven days) and Glenmore Homestead (limited opening hours) as excellent dining experiences in the immediate area. Driving tours include Byfield National Park, Hedlow Creek and Emu Park via Cawarral township. Our crocodile farm is a must-see, and croc burger lunch will have you coming back for more! Experiences in Rockhampton township are unlimited and we would be happy to help you to devise a self-tour that suits your desires.
- Peace and calm abounds our home - please be prepared to rest and relax here.
- We only smoke outside.
- Our home is a single storey brick with a colourbond roof and was built in 1993 by the current owner who is a licensed builder and now a consultant.
- We are tolerant of all people and we welcome others who are also tolerant of all people.
- Animals feature heavily in and around our home. Our animals will try to respect your personal space.
- The property borders Belmont Creek and the creek banks are lush with grasses and native trees. We regularly host the feeding of native birds of over 20 varieties and occasionally see echidnas and wallabies making their way to and from the creek.
- We are in a rural location, not isolated however our nearest convenience is not close by. There are no restaurants, fuel, chemists or stores within walking distance of our home.
- The Caves Country Pub is a highly recommended experience and it is 10kms (9minutes by car) from our home.
- Parkhurst Town Centre is our nearest convenience where (as at March 2017) you can visit Woolworths, Priceline Pharmacy, Brumbies Bakery, Puma Service Station or take a meal at the Parkhurst Tavern and drive through.
- Pretty-face wallabies are morning visitors here regularly. We don't feed or disturb them.
- Please allow us time to prepare for your arrival by telling us exactly what you need and when you will need it. A briefing of your trip will help us to accommodate your needs.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Graham and I are rarely apart and once used to finish each other's sentences. Nowadays, we're a union of calm and fluid thoughts and actions. We both love to do things for people and give people unique experiences. I ride a motorcycle, Graham shoots target pistols. I am an expert at Microsoft Excel and Graham can build a house, in fact, he built this one. I've lived in cities and in very remote places in Australia. Graham's has lead teams of people in natural disaster recovery. 'm a business development consultant with a penchant for animal behaviour by positive reinforcement. Graham is now a building consultant and mentor of consultants after a long career in government. I've traveled to the Philippines, Singapore and New Zealand but I mostly like to travel Australia with Birdsville and Tasmania being some of my favourite locations. Graham loves a good western movie on a Saturday afternoon, my favourite movies are Oliver Twist, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Django (we both love this one) and Iron Man.
Our Motto: Harmony at all Cost