- Guest space is a private bedroom with double bed (for 1 guest only) with bathroom and shower
- A real double bed with box spring and mattress, tall dresser, desk, lamp and chair for your laptop
- This room is warm and cozy, located on the lower level of a house with the host living upstairs with no children or pets
- Inside living is very clean, bright and calming
- Getting to Whistler by car from us is approximately 85.8 km or from YVR to Whistler is approximately 136 km
- Our well kept home and property will bring you closer to Vancouver's mecca for Snow Sports on Seymour, Grouse, Cypress, Whistler/Blackcomb Mountains
- Great destination to head for the slopes at the base of the North Shore Mountains to go up early morning, ski the day and enjoy the awesome night skiing above our Vancouver city lights
- Get up early to drive up to Whistler/Blackcomb to "Ride the White Wave" until closing time
- Spend a day driving the incredible Sea-to-Sky Highway and make stops at popular attractions like Horseshoe Bay, Britannia (BC) Mining Museum, Shannon Falls, Squamish, Alice Lake, Tantalus Lookout and Brandywine Falls
- Suitable for guest looking for reasonable place to sleep while here to Ski or Snowboard without paying for expensive accommodation in the Whistler Resorts
- Not included in room booking is the living room, kitchen, fridge, stove, counter top appliances and items in the cupboards and drawers being off limits. Can all be available by booking our other listing "Pam's Garden Suite in a Nature Setting"
- Bathroom with a pedestal sink and stand up shower (no tub)
- In-suite laundry can be available, upon request, on "pay per load" basis. Contact host for service
(1 load washer - $6 .00. Must use only "HE/high efficiency" cold water laundry detergent therefore it is included and supplied by host
Dryer up to 60 minutes - $4.00)
Interaction with guests
- We are a semi-retired couple with no pets
- My husband and I are at home, working around the yard cleaning up the garden beds for Winter or nearby most of the time. We are available during your stay anytime, either in person, by phone or email (no text)
- It is our pleasure to make your visit comfortable
- We look forward to making your stay as memorable as possible!
Other things to note
If your arrival time in Vancouver will be after dark please prepare us with an email with your estimated time of arrival at our house. Check in is before 9:00 pm unless you have requested a later check in time in advance. We will then leave the light on to the right of the front door and also down at the garage door. There are a few steps up to the sidewalk and again up to our front door. We will then show you to the garden suite entrance.
- Upon arrival please park on our side of the street, in front of our house leaving 3 ft of space past our driveway for our vehicles to get in and out
- Obtain key code from host(s) at front door
- We prefer that you lift your rolling luggage over the door sill, into the house
- Entrance in backyard via driveway
- Entrance door is under the covered porch
- Please remove shoes upon entry. (No shoes on carpeted areas)
- Guests expected to conserve energy by turning off all inside lights when leaving the garden suite and in rooms not being used when home
- Must compost all vegetable matter daily into black bin labeled as "Compost" outside
- Must recycle all paper, metal, tin and plastics into blue bin daily outside kitchen door
- Device plug ins, chargers to be unplugged when full and or not in use
- Quiet time is from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM
- No showers during quiet time please
- Please keep personal belongings in bedroom
- Shower times must be after 7:00 am and before 10:00 pm
- Use shower when both windows in the bathroom have been opened enough to the outside for ventilation. Leave the bathroom after your shower with the windows secured, shower door open, as well as the bathroom door to the hallway open, to allow the remaining moisture to escape
- The water pressure is very good. We have the shower head pointing to one side on purpose to avoid the spray pointing at the shower door and or onto the bathroom floor.
- Hair catcher to be used in the shower drain in the shower. Hair goes into garbage
- Following shower use squeegee on shower walls, all glass and soap shelf after each shower
- Do not use top edge of shower stall for hanging anything on
- All personal products including condoms, wipes and all feminine products go into the garbage. DO NOT FLUSH
- Please do not place makeup or luggage bags on toilet seat
- Coasters to be used on all furniture or wood surfaces in private room for all beverages including water bottles!
- Visiting with friends, family or others will be conducted in the community
- Iron is located in a lower kitchen cupboard below the microwave. The mini ironing board will be left in view
- BATHROOM AND BEDROOM WINDOWS ALL TO BE SECURED/LOCKED BEFORE LEAVING THE SUITE AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so when you have left the premises during your stay, will give the host(s) reason to enter the suite to secure our home and property! GUEST MAY USE SELF CHECK OUT ONLY IF ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS ARE SECURED/LOCKED.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are looking forward to being your hosts on Airbnb! Our North Vancouver home invites you to explore our beautiful city. Our recreational property is in Garden Bay on the Sunshine Coast and gives us much enjoyment relaxing away from the hectic city. English is my first language and I understand German. I grew up in Lynn Valley, Seymour Heights and Deep Cove communities of North Vancouver. In 1958 this home was purchased by my parents and has become our passion during our retirement. We spent time living in Santa Barbara, California along side the beautiful beaches during my younger years. After returning back to Seymour Heights into this family home, I met my husband in Deep Cove, during our high school days. His family moved out to the Cove from the community of Kerrisdale in Vancouver. We enjoy listening to the blues, camping, bicycles, scooters and gardening. We also live a life "off the grid" on acreage on the Sunshine Coast, our favorite travel destination in 2 hrs door to door. We take pride in our passion of "living with less" at that location. Taking in the opportunities on the North Shore to live and explore nature under a canopy of 100 year old trees, virtually in our backyard is a must! Let us show you the way.....