Our cozy 4 bedroom home is in a great neighborhood only a 10 minute drive from the heart of downtown Portland. Enjoy free & easy parking, shared space to relax, proximity to trails and quiet outdoor spaces, and quick access by car to all Portland has to offer! We love sharing our home with guests and have two rooms available that can be booked together or separately; just ask! We are also happy to welcome well socialized four legged friends!
**Please read full profile before booking**
This listing is specifically for our double trundle room. The room has a closet & bureau for unpacking and a cozy chair to sink into. The full shared bath is just outside the door in the hallway. Our home is spacious with three floors of finished living space and a fenced in backyard. Upstairs has one full, shared bathroom and there is a half bathroom on the first floor. Down the hall in the library you'll find pamphlets and information on some of our favorite spots in the city, and we're always happy to make suggestions!
Bedding and linens will always be fresh and complimentary toiletries are provided.
All common areas (fully equipped kitchen, living room, back yard with patio, fire pit and grill). Please feel welcome to use the kitchen for any cooking you'd like to do! We just ask that you let us know ahead of time so we can plan our own meal preparation accordingly.
Interaction with guests
We're available as much or as little as you like! We love our city and would love to share insight on great local spots, or even join you for a beer if that's what you're looking for! But if you're looking for a quiet vacation to get away; we don't mind keeping to ourselves.
Other things to note
**We have one super sweet but sometimes shy, 2 year old, 60 lb pooch; Zoe. This is a great place to stay if you are a dog lover and/or aren't traveling with your own pup and want some dog-lovin'. If you are just okay with dogs - this is not best spot for you. She WILL greet you enthusiastically at the door EVERY time you come in, bark when she wants to play, and at some point you WILL get licked. She's more or less the cutest, hairiest security guard with no sense of personal space ever. If you're into dogs; you'll love her and she'll love you.
**If you're traveling with your dog:
1. We have two rooms available on Airbnb but only accept guests with dogs in tow one at a time; as we can't assure the interaction of other guest's dogs. So, let us know from the get go if your pooch is tagging along!
2. Be confident in your pup's ability to socialize well with other dogs and people. If your dog doesn't really like other dogs and/or people it won't be a fun stay for anyone. Trust us.
3. If you plan on leaving your dog at the house at any point, for any amount of time he/she needs to be *quietly crate trained and you must bring your own crate. If you have questions about this, please ask!
4. We totally get that the happiest dogs are dirty dogs. Thus, we ask that dogs not be allowed on the bed or furniture. If we find that the bed is covered in dog when you leave an additional $25 cleaning fee will be applied. A dog bed is provided for your pup's comfort!
5. Please be fully house trained, up to date on shots/flea/tick control and household manners!
If you have any questions/concerns about bringing your dog along please don't hesitate to reach out to us!
**We are happy to provide fresh coffee & tea and homemade muesli and/or breakfast pastries in the morning, but ask that you let us know if you'll be looking for breakfast so we can prepare accordingly and avoid food waste as much as possible. Portland has so many wonderful restaurants we find that many guests have a full eating agenda when they visit that we certainly don't want to get in the way of!
- Please read the full profile before booking!
- Be nice to our home, pick up after yourself.
- Quiet-ish after 11
This host has 123 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Melanie grew up in Portland; couldn't wait to leave, and not too long after couldn't wait to come home! By day she is self-employed as a personal and small business assistant with an emphasis on Airbnb Management.
Justin spent the majority of his life an hour south of Portland, relocating in 2011 to begin his love affair with the city. He spends his daylight hours (and admittedly many of his midnight hours...) as a software engineer.
We're both dreamers & makers. Lovers of the outdoors & adventure, good people, big ideas, and cold beer.