Our house was build in 1958 and totally renewed in 2016 when we moved in. It has an indoor surface of 110 m2, a garden with trampoline for kids, a 75m2 terrace for barbecue, a chill out zone and a little pool which cools us down after hot summer days. The house offers great views of the Llobregat valley, and is located next to the Collserola Nature Park. We choose to live here because it is next to Barcelona (a few km) and offers the tranquility you need when you want to relax.
The house was designed in 1958 and lies on a small hill, between Esplugues de LLobregat and Sant Just, in a quiet residential area. Even Piqué (a famous FC Barcelona player) and Sharika (you know her ;)) live 300 m from here.
The entrance door brings you up some stairs to the garden, which has a green area and a trampoline. Going up the next stairs and you will arrive at the main door. The house is divided in two floors: ground floor with a kitchen, a dining room, a bath with shower / toilet and a sleeping room. The second floor has three sleeping rooms, a bath with a shower and a toilet, and a little terrace. Our guest enjoy our garden around the house, with a terrace, a chill out area, a barbecue, a pool and shadow from a great old tree (did you dream of having a nap in a hammock under a big tree listening to surrounding birds with a cocktail in your hand? ;)).
All the house, the garden and the pool are open for our guests.
Other things to note
Young parents also want to have an evening on their own ;). We can give you different numbers of reliable babysitters that were watching our kids when they were smaller. With a little bit of time we can also present to you native French and German babysitters (besides fluent Spanish of course). Let them get to know your kids and then go off to enjoy Barcelona and relax completely!
Please note that we do not have an air conditioning system. We got used to the heat (that's why we live in the south) and we didn't want to install a system producing artificial cool air. If we need fresh air, it is enough to open a few windows to enjoy a passing breeze, and if it is too hot we just jump in the pool. Now if you cannot sleep without air conditioning you might better consider another option to be happy.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
- Check-in is at 3pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
- Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels in the hamper. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
- Being a family home, we also have a no smoking policy (although you are welcome to smoke outside).
- We understand that for a whole verity of reasons, you may want additional guests to stay in the place. In the event that you want additional guests to stay, please contact us to let us know. We’re reasonable folk and will accommodate wherever possible.
- You have a little pet ? Should be no problem, we have 2 rabbits in the back garden and a cat visiting us from time to time. To ensure a peacefull coexistence, please ask us first.
- If you’re coming to Barcelona to party you’ve picked a great city to do so. Unfortunately, just not at our place. Though we’re sure it won’t come to it, serious complaints of unruly behavior will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave (besides possible police fines that have to be paid immediately). Not good for you. Not good for us.
- Quiet hours: in Spain we usually go to sleep later (and wake up later). I guess that normal rules and common sense are sufficient: our neighbors are working while you enjoy holiday. Think of how you would like your neighbors to behave while you work back at home :)
- Laundry: a wash machine and a dryer is available for you. Note that the dryer is not very usefull in summer though... there is enough heat and sun to dry up your clothes in a few hours.
- Music: we love music. You will find a piano, 2 Yukuleles, a cajón (rythm box for flamenco), and even an acustic guitar if you promise that you won't let the kids play with it.
- Wifi: the whole house has wifi.
- Make the world a better place to be for all: now I'm not sure this goes into the "house norms", but if you can help us to make even more people happy, please!
Nous sommes une famille franco-allemande qui habite à Barcelone depuis plus de 10 ans. Pour ma part, je suis né en Belgique, études d'ingénieur et je travaille dans une agence internationale de marketing. Nous aimons tous le sport (ski, randonnées, plongée, sorties en vélo, running, volley-ball, basket, etc.) et essayons d'en faire le plus possible avec nos enfants. Avant de fonder une famille, nous étions souvent en Asie ou en Amérique du sud. Maintenant, notre goût du voyage perdure et essayons de nous échapper le plus souvent possible.
Au début de notre séjour à Barcelone nous pensions que nous allions rester seulement quelques années... le climat, la ville, la montagne. la mer et nos amis nous ont fait changer d'avis!
Devise dans la vie (higher purpose) = Spread happiness! :)