Fantastic views await you at this beautiful Durango vacation rental home. Nestled atop sprawling acreage in a gorgeous pastoral setting with horses grazing in the pasture, ‘Casa de Mesa’ is perfect for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the adventurous spirit of the wild west! Bring your toys, horses (with approval from owner), 4-wheelers, 2-wheelers and ride the trails in the 1.8 million acres of the San Juan Nationall forest. Safe storage and room for trailers.
This charming 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom dwelling can comfortably accommodate up to 6 guests, serving as a terrific lodging choice for families, friends, or couples out for an authentic Colorado getaway. You’ll feel right at home the moment you first step inside the home's welcoming interior, stylishly decorated throughout in tasteful Southwestern décor and featuring stunning high vaulted aspen ceilings in the Great Room.
The home also features custom stained glass work throughout. All the amenities you need to feel as relaxed as possible during your stay are here, including high speed wireless internet, in-unit laundry, and a fully equipped kitchen, complete with all the essential cooking appliances.
For your entertainment, you’ll find a total of 4 all new Samsung Smart TVs with DirecTV hook-up and a great library of movies, mounted on articulating arms for excellent viewing from any spot in the room.
You’re practically guaranteed a good night’s sleep in any of the home’s newly renovated bedrooms - the master bedroom is the ultimate retreat, featuring a king-sized bed and Jacuzzi soaking tub that you’ll surely appreciate after a long day of vigorous outdoor activities. Bedroom 2 is the Southwest Room with new queen bed and blackout shades, adorned with Indian rugs and a nice leather recliner with views of the mountains. The 3rd bedroom is The Atrium, with two twin beds, looking out onto the lovely patio with honeysuckle vines and plenty of beautiful flowers for you to enjoy.
Outside, the house boasts attractive flagstone walkways, outstanding views of the La Plata Mountains and unparallelled scenery in every direction, including breathtaking sights of pastoral fields to the south, open fields with horses idly grazing, and phenomenal sunsets.
In the fall, you'll love being surrounded by the fantastic autumn foliage. This serene 9-acre setting offers utmost privacy with no other houses close by. Look forward to unwinding on one of the home’s shaded outdoor patios, where you can take in the 360-degree views and keep your eyes peeled for the abundance of wildlife on the premises - deer frequent the property all the time, while the yard serves as the annual nesting ground of many bluebirds, orioles, redtail hawks, meadowlarks, robins, and great horned owls in the spring and fall. You might even catch a glimpse of a fox cruising by the window!
Interaction with guests
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Other things to note
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, high speed wireless internet access, 4 Smart TVs with DirecTV hook-up, stylish Southwestern décor, shaded outdoor patios, and much more
- Wonderfully peaceful setting on 9 private acres with magnificent 360-degree views of the La Plata Mountains, autumn foliage, pastoral fields, and wide open space
- Close proximity to the city of Durango, Pastorius Lake State Wildlife Area, Mesa Verde, multiple ski areas, and several other popular attractions!
- Please note the Recreation Center (including the pool) is located about 8-9 miles away from the property!
- Available parking and storage for toys, boats and trailors!
- Within 2 hours away from Wolf Creek Ski area and Telluride!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Southwest Room): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (The Atrium): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- No smoking (outside only)
- Horses allowed with prior homeowner approval. Please contact Evolve for additional information. No cats or dogs
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- House is only set up for 6 people. Extra people will result in a $150 per person charge
- Please note that the owner lives on-site in a completely separate unit with resident cat
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
Property Tax ID: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
This host has 30 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is redefining vacation rental management by eliminating hassle, guesswork and frustration for homeowners and travelers. Our team is available 7 days a week and we look forward to providing you with exceptional customer service during every interaction. Please tell us how we can help with your upcoming trip.