Welcome to a peaceful sanctuary to restore & bask in the beauty of the Cowichan Valley. Book a massage therapy or healing day package with Christy, listen to the birds, swim, sleep deeply, write, or dive into a creative project. This space is for rejuvenation, restoration and connecting with nature & loved ones. It's also a great spot for solo retreats and healing. The wild land is nourishing and beautiful here. We look forward to hosting you.
This well-lit space has lots of windows and has been built for deep rest, rejuvenation, and healing. The open concept kitchen to bedroom allows the sun to shine throughout the space beautifully. The clay-floored bedroom has a super comfortable, new queen sized bed and optional floor mattresses. The floor mattresses take up the bedroom floor space, but they work well for additional guests if you don't mind sharing the room. (There is no extra cost for young children who do not need an extra bed made)
There is no cell service here. You have wifi in your cottage and our landline if needed.
The kitchen contains:
-toaster oven, small fridge, 2-burner hot plate, blender, garlic press
The bathroom has:
-indoor & outdoor shower, outdoor bath
-modern, state-of-the-art, non-smelling composting toilet that saves precious water
-2 outdoor chairs & small table for outdoor enjoyment
-20 mins from downtown Duncan
-a 5 min walk to beautiful Cowichan River swimming areas
-close to hiking trails and fishing spots
*** We use eco-friendly cleaning supplies***
Guests also have access to a deck, grassy areas, outdoor bath & shower in addition to their indoor shower.
Interaction with guests
Please let us know if you have any questions or needs. If we can make your stay more enjoyable we will. Directions for self-check-in are in "Your Itinerary" on "Your Trips" page that opens once you've securely booked.
Your space is across the yard from our home. We do work in the yard and attached greenhouse, but love to give you your privacy. While you are here, you can message us and we'd be happy to meet you. Please contact us with any questions or requirements. Your feedback helps us to better serve our guests.
Other things to note
Restore your body & soul during holistic bodywork sessions with Healing Artist, Christy Greenwood, at an additional rate. You can pay for your session directly by cash, credit card or e-transfer.
Please pre-book. Thank you.
• HOLISTIC BODYWORK TREATMENTS •
30 min - $50 // 45 min $75 // 60 min - $100 // 90 min $140 // 2 hr - $180
• BODYMIND SESSIONS activate the healing capacity of your innate genius. Energy Medicine & intuitive space holding supports you to uncover what is under the surface of the symptoms showing up in your life. Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, financial and relational health can be addressed.
• MASSAGE THERAPY combined with Reiki, acupressure & sound healing in a sacred space relax and soothe your whole being. *As a member of the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada, some insurance companies cover these sessions from my Manitoba Certification.
• REIKI sessions provide a beautiful opportunity to receive the healing light of creation. Activate your energy systems and restore your connection to the source within through this deeply relaxing treatment.
• LOMI LOMI is Hawaiian Shamanic Bodywork that was performed in the ancient Hawaiian Temples as a rite of passage. Hawaiian chanting, long rhythmic massage techniques, and transformational breathwork make this experience truly magical. Align Heaven & Earth energies in your body, remove what doesn't belong and relax into your magnificence.
1.5 hr - $180 // 2 hr - $240 // 2.5 hr - $300 // 3 hr - $360 //
3.5 hr - $420
• HOT LASTONE MASSAGE nourishes your body and soul. Enjoy the deeply therapeutic benefits of being massaged with 54 healing hot & cold stones harvested on Vancouver Island's west coast. Feel your muscles melt with the soothing heat of the rocks while they ground and nurture you.
60 min - $130 // 90 min - $160
• REWILDING DANCE JOURNEYS are an opportunity to get your transformational groove on and tune into the healing power of meditative movement in a ceremonial space. After a consultation, your dance will be geared towards your unique situation. Root into the Earth, blossom towards the sun and dance into your wild truth with exquisite harmonies and awesome beats. Add yoga to further customize your experience.
Search 'Rewilding From Within' on Soundcloud to discover some of the music that inspires these dances.
• HATHA YOGA classes outside or in the main house offer a beautiful customized experience that honours where you are at on all levels. Strengthen your connection to your sacred body & root into clarity.
• NEW BEGINNING PACKAGE •
Move into your sacred body with a customized yoga +/or dance journey before a Bodymind Session to weave the precious threads of your life together with clarity. Surrender into the bliss of a bodywork medicine session and step into a new beginning. This day of ceremony invokes the potency of your wild genius and activates the treasures of your soul.
Customizing options for this package:
• Business Birth + Rebirth // Connect with the spirit of your project or business. Align with your mission and embody the soulful purpose that your service is meant to provide. Activate your wild genius and weave your sacred gifts into your work.
• Revolutionary Healing // Give the gift of your presence to a specific health issue that has been asking for your precious attention. Dance into the truth your body wants to reveal. Access the subconscious gifts of this experience and align your perspective with loving truth. Bask in bodywork that attends to your rejuvenation & healing.
• Day of Delight // Show up with no specific agenda and continue to arrive into what is meant to happen. See what wants to be revealed & cultivated through the medicine of this package. Nourish the innate wisdom of your inner guide and surrender into the places beyond words that transform reality.
3hrs - $275 // 4hrs - $365 // 5 hrs - $450
Contact me about customizing a retreat for your unique situation.
• Herb Walks •
Take a walk around our yard and to the river to learn about the plant allies growing around this area. Learn about cultivated and wild plants. Wildcraft and harvest what is in season. Optional plant meditation and journaling exercises available to deepen your experience of connecting to the plants.
$20 - $40 sliding scale.
Find Me Online:
• Christy Greenwood • Rainbow Medicine
• search Christy Greenwood to find my site
Thank you for honouring this place as a retreat & sanctuary.
PLEASE & THANK YOU:
- no shoes in the guest cottage
- no candles or cigarette smoking
- clean dishes and tidy when you leave
Christy is a Mama, wife, friend & healing artist helping sensitives explore their wild truth & growth edges. She has trained extensively in massage therapy, BodyTalk, Reiki, Lomi Lomi, Thai Massage, acupressure, Kundalini Dance and Hatha Yoga. She is a Mama and plant loving creative spark who has been offering
transformational medicine sessions for individuals and groups for 19
years. She is devoted to animals, plant allies & nature's wonder. She loves the Cowichan River and attempts to give attention to all of her herbal, musical & creative passions.