I've lived in my three-bedroom, three-bath house (2000 sql) for over 10 years. I have updated it along the way as you can see - it is very open and airy with lots of light.
I'm meticulous about keeping my house clean. My front-yard and backyard are well-taken care of (I love to work in the yard) with lots of shade. There is no carpet anywhere; I have cement floors downstairs, and wood floors upstairs.
There will always be at least one person here to host you during your stay. I am very easy-going, responsive, and excited to welcome you. I find being a host rewarding and enjoy providing a space that has comfort and character to those who equally appreciate that type of thing!
You will not have to go through any common areas, other than the stairs, to access your room, bathroom, or patio. Your private entry is yours alone so remember to lock upon leaving as I will not use the door at all during your stay.
You will have Netflix etc. on your in-room TV. You will have some books and local magazines in your room as well. If you have special requests, let me know and let's see what we can do!
Interaction with guests
I am happy to assist with any questions you may have. I've lived in Austin for 12 years and know quite a few places around (theater, live comedy, dining, brunch, lunch options, parks).
Other things to note
About the pets:
- Jenni is the sweetest dog ever and she is quite shy, too. She's very laid back and honestly more like a cat in personality. She is a 30 lb dachshund/lab and you can totally see both!
- Amstel is a puffy white cat full of personality. He's super friendly and will appreciate any affection thrown his way.
- Sapporo is a short-haired white cat who is super chill. He's a little shy at first but is also friendly.
Of course none of the pets are allowed in your room at any time - whether there is a guest staying there or not; you will be provided with a lint roller (just in case), too.
PRETTY PLEASE and THANK YOU:
- Smoking IS allowed on your private patio
- Do not let the dog or cats out the front door for any reason. Do not open the backyard door (no pets in or out)
- Unfortunately my dog is not male friendly (sorry guys)
- Kindly let me know at least 24-hours before your arrival what time (2-hour window please) you plan to arrive
- Kindly let me know at booking if you plan to use the kitchen during your stay so that I can best accommodate you
- Your private entry is yours alone; since it does allow access to the entire house it is pertinent you lock it as you leave
- Keep all windows closed between May 1st and October 1st. The temperature is high during that time period and the air conditioning is on
- Absolutely no guests outside of original booking
- Enjoy :)