We had a magical time at Jenny's beautiful home. There is not enough space here to say just how great it is -- but a few highlights.
* Perfectly situated on a hill with a gorgeous panoramic view of Faros Bay, the Chrysopigi monastery on the water, and the highest mountain on the island.
* Jenny is the perfect hostess. She gave us a warm welcome (accompanied by her niece, Anna who speaks perfect English), supplied us with b'fast on our first morning, gave us invaluable advice on visiting the island, and had a beautiful, warm presence. She also arranged for cleaning every few days, free of charge.
* The house has a large, breezy veranda with reclining chairs, and a dining room table on which we spent many lingering mornings, afternoons and evenings. The inside is very nicely furnished and decorated and dappled in sunlight--it has a great vibe that makes us wish we had booked it for two weeks. Kitchen is stocked, with brand new appliances -- even has an espresso machine that Jenny stocks.
* The location couldn't be better. A short, beautiful walk down the hill brings you to Faros--a small destination port town, with a small market, great restaurants, and easy access to three of Faros great swimming spots. There's also a 500 m lighted path along the shoreline to the iconic Chrysopigi Monastery where you can swim off of the rocks.
* We were so happy in Faros, that we didn't even rent a vehicle 'til our last few days on the island since we were so happy exploring the Peninsula on foot.
* Lastly, our friends who have been in Sifnos for 20 years visited on our last day and said that this was one of the best spots they had ever seen on the island.
We couldn't recommend this place more highly.