About this listing
Trotula Charming House. Is an apartment of historical-artistic importance renovated and restored to protect and enhance the original ambience. The privileged and dominant position, close to the main tourist and cultural attractions of the Old Town, allows you to admire the Amalfi Coast and the sea from the wide windows. The two double bedrooms and the single sofa-bed in the living area can accommodate up to 5 people
Trotula Charming House is set in an ancient Convent of the order of Benedictine Olivetan monks converted into a noble residence at the end of 1600, in the historic center of Salerno (within the restricted traffic area) between the ancient Duomo and the Garden of Minerva .
The apartment has been refurbished and restored to the highest standards, enhancing the original ambience.
On the thick walls plastering and frescoes dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries were discovered and recovered. The high wooden beam ceilings, brought to light through the demolition of the false ceilings ennoble once again the ambience. The privileged and dominant position of the historic-artistic prestige building allows you to admire from the wide windows the roofs of the Old Town, the sea of Salerno and the Amalfi Coast.
The renovation project was planned and realized by the “Architects at Work” Studio. The project is characterized by hand made furniture and an accurate selection of furnishing items. A particular accuracy is immediately evident and the contemporary restoring is well matched with the historical place. The guest will immediately be enchanted by the unique atmosphere.
The living room is equipped with a kitchen, a large sofa (with one single extra bed) and a table. The two double bedroom are separated from the living by two doors. The bedrooms are equipped with private bathrooms and balconies. All spaces are really bright thanks to the southern exposure and characterized by the sea view.
The downtown, the old town and the nearby Roma Boulevard and Vittorio Emanuele Boulevard are the centre of city life. The area is filled with cafés, restaurants and shops.
The Amalfi Coast is easily reachable by bus from the close bus stop or by ferry from the “Masuccio Salernitano” Marina.
The apartment is located in a building of historical and artistic importance within the the restricted traffic area in the Old Town and it is completely available to guests. There is no elevator.
Trotula Charming House is easily reachable from the nearby Cathedral of Salerno through a characteristic alley (300mt) and it is located on the second floor (34 steps).
Interaction with guests
I personally welcome my guests. In my absence a trusted person will welcome you. During your stay we’ll be at your disposal for any need.
Other things to note
- On request and if available it is possible to book a private car place in a car park. (Additional Cost).
- It is possible to organize a car transfer from Naples, Rome and Amalfi Coast. (Additional Cost.)
- It is possible to organize a daily boat trip along the Amalfi Coast, a touristic flight over the Amalfi Coast, Capri and the Vesuvius or a road trip on the Amalfi Coast Route on board of a vintage Volkswagen Minivan for groups or vintage Volkswagen Beatle and Fiat ‘500 for couples. (Additional Cost)
- I can help you to rent a car with delivery and pick up next to the gate of the restricted traffic area, nearby Trotula Charming house or the Airport of Naples. (Additional Cost).
- I could contact for you Tourist and Hike/Trek guides qualified for all the Regional sites.
- Vietato fumare all’interno.
- L’appartamento va riconsegnato in ordine e con la cucina pulita.
- Si raccomanda di gettare l’immondizia rispettando il calendario fornito.
- In caso di check in dopo le 20:00 è previsto un costo aggiuntivo di 40€ fino alle 22:00. E’ possibile effettuare check in fino a mezzanotte previo accordo in fase di prenotazione.
- All’arrivo è previsto il pagamento della CITY TAX. Il costo è di 1,00€ al giorno per persona per i primi 5 giorni.
- It is forbidden to smoke indoors.
- The house should be delivered in order and with the kitchen cleaned.
- Please remember to throw away the garbage during your stay.
- Late check in extra fee: 40€ from 8:00PM to 10:00PM. Is possible to organize a late check in till midnight. The amount could be agreed during your booking.
-On arrival it is foreseen the payment of the CITY TAX. The amount is of 1,00 € a day to person for the first 5 days.
This host has a Moderate Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 7 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm Giulio and I host with my mum and my sister in this property restructured, restored and furnished by all of us. Me, I'm an interior designer, my sister is an architect and my mum is a gallerist. I hope you will appreciate our touch.