On sale for limited time for *GION FESTIVAL* Japan's biggest and most famous festival!
INUICHO-TORI is a cozy, modern house with with spacious ceilings and beautiful design. It is located in Saiin in West Kyoto, a great area with a young vibe, and has easy access to transportation -- Saiin Station is a 6 min. walk from the house.
Great for travelers who want to experience local Japanese life!
Inuicho-Tori has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom (separate bathtub and toilet), a beautiful spacious kitchen and dining area, and small garden area.
This is a full house rental that is entirely private to the guests : ) There are no other guests sharing the house.
Some houses have private cleaning lockers for the cleaning staff to use. If it is locked, please respect the cleaner's tools and contact us if you will need anything from it.
Interaction with guests
Please feel free to ask us any questions via Airbnb messaging or email.
In the case of an emergency during your stay, please contact the emergency number provided in our profile.
Other things to note
***According to the Kyoto City Ordinance, we are required to ask guests to verify their personal information***
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING ALLOWED in the house or outside near the house. If you are smoking, please step out to the main road and smoke quietly there. Please be responsible for disposing your cigarette and DO NOT LITTER.
- Please do NOT leave garbage outside the house at any time. If you need garbage disposed, please leave them near the front door (inside) the house and email us for a pick up service by 15:00PM.
- Please note that there are no car parking or bicycle parking space in this house. If you are coming by car or have rented a bicycle, we kindly ask that you use the closest public coin parking nearby.
- CHECK IN TIME is from 15:00PM-20:00PM. Please contact us first if you plan on arriving later or earlier. CHECK OUT is by 10:00AM sharp.
- Please note that there will be an extra person charge of 3,000JPY for every **extra futon/bed** used during a guest’s stay.
Welcome to Kyoto!
We “Windows to Japan”, a specialist tour agency who opens authentic, soul stirring windows to Japan for independent travelers. From planning to operate and guiding tours in Japan to hosting guests at our Machiyas, we take great pleasure in introducing visitors to the real Japan.
For those of you who are interested in an authentic taste of Japanese culture and its traditions, we invite you to stay in one of our Machiyas.
Machiya are wooden townhouses developed in Kyoto throughout Japan’s history.
They are hidden gems waiting to be explored and experienced. Staying at a Machiya provides an opportunity to connect in a subtle yet very vivid way to the deep traditions of Kyoto; a city that can be described as an island of tradition in the swirling whirlpool of ongoing change and evolution.
All our Machiya are located in the heart of the city but off a quiet side street which ensuring a quiet relaxing surrounding, yet allowing immediate access to major Kyoto’s historical district.
Here is the list of our Machiyas. Some of them are really close to each other suitable for large groups.
You can also visit us on and Instagram!
As our guests, you can benefit not only from the great setting of our Machiya, but also from your hosts’ extensive knowledge and experience of tourism and travel in Japan.
We are looking forward to hosting you!