About this listing
K0010 The Retro House City I.D.#3103 T.O.T. Permit: 3085
This is undoubtedly one of the coolest mid century modern homes in Palm Springs. With its original kitchen and colorful tiled bathrooms in beautiful condition, plus all the modern conveniences and brand new period-influenced furniture installed throughout for 2016, this home is ready to enjoy in retro style.
K0010 The Retro House City I.D.#3103 T.O.T. Permit: 3085
This is undoubtedly one of the coolest mid century modern homes in Palm Springs. With its original kitchen and colorful tiled bathrooms in beautiful condition, plus all the modern conveniences and brand new period-influenced furniture installed throughout for 2016, this home is ready to enjoy in retro style. Impeccably preserved and maintained over the years, this home was clearly almost never used by the original owners. It’s impressive enough that it’s scheduled to be featured in the Modernism Week 2016 Signature Home Tour, a carefully curated tour of the best of Desert Modern Architecture, featuring homes chosen for their architecture, interiors, gardens, iconic features and grounds… those that epitomize Palm Springs and what makes life and architecture in the desert unique.
From the front entry of this comfortable 2,352 square foot home, guests are immediately welcomed by the home’s signature roofline and original architectural features and colors, plus all the newly installed Scandinavian modern furnishings and unique artwork. Just inside the entry hall to the right is the living room with fireplace, 55 inch HDTV and plenty of lounge seating for everyone. This is the perfect place to gather for cocktails before dinner. The adjacent dining room also has a fireplace, and boasts a huge oval dining table with seating for up to 12 hungry friends. The breakfast room and kitchen are just off the dining room, where you’ll find everything you need to cook and bartend for your entire group. There are two guest bedrooms off the kitchen, each with a queen size bed, HDTV, one with an awesome west view through its corner windows, and both are near the first guest bathroom with step in shower. The laundry room is also located at this end of the house, with access to the pool deck, as well as the driveway.
At the north end of the house, to the left of the front entrance, you’ll find the master bedroom with a king bed, HDTV, private bathroom with tub shower and original tilework, and direct access to the pool deck. Across the hall is a guest bedroom with king bed, HDTV, nice view out to the hedged front courtyard and direct access to the guest bathroom, so it can double as a second master bedroom. The last guest bedroom is adjacent to the guest bath with tub shower, and offers a queen bed, courtyard view and HDTV.
The real magic happens out back, where you'll step out to the refreshing and sparkling blue original kidney-shaped saltwater swimming pool, as well as the matching spa that was newly installed for 2016. The landscaping is a combination of natural desert scape and artificial turf to add color and texture around the sunning pads and lounge furniture. There is also a natural gas fire feature next to the spa for the ultimate in evening cocktail lounging and enjoying the mountain and architectural view back to the west over the house. You’ll also appreciate the outdoor dining (dining table for 6 is not pictured), fireplace and lounging options under the covered patio, and the natural gas fired barbecue grill. All combined, this is the quintessential Palm Springs poolside retreat!
There is also a two car garage and parking for two or three more cars in the driveway. Directly across the street is Ruth Hardy Park, with public tennis courts and play areas for the little vacationers. This home is also just a short walk to uptown Palm Springs, where you’ll find all the newest and hippest restaurants, shops and galleries the desert has to offer. It just doesn’t get better than this!
Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance Please Be Aware:
AGE: You must be over 25 years old to book this property. ID of responsible party is required at check-in.
OCCUPANCY: Maximum number of overnight guests limited to 2 adults per bedroom + 2 additional children under the age of 12. A list of all overnight guests will be required.
PARKING: Only 1 car per bedroom is allowed at property, including street parking. License plate numbers for each vehicle will be required at check-in.
NOISE: Be mindful of your neighbors- limit noise at all times during your stay to respectful levels. Outdoor music is not permitted at any level at anytime. Strict City penalties are imposed for any noise that can be heard from the property line. ABSOLUTELY NO PARTIES OR EVENTS.
**Violation of the City ordinance can result in fines upwards of $500, and may result in immediate eviction from property without refund.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Interaction with guests
- I give my guests space but am available when needed.
- (Early check-in or late check-out may be available for an extra fee)
- Check-Ins will be done at our office location. Address to be provided after booking.
- All check-ins outside of normal business hours must be arranged with our office in advance. Additional documentation may be required to guarantee an after- hours check-in, and/ or renter may be required to return to office the next day to complete paperwork.
- Check-out time is 10:00 AM on the day of departure unless other arrangements have been made.
- All keys, openers, passes, etc. must be returned to our office by noon the same day of check out. Late check out or key pick up may be available at an additional charge. If keys are left in the house a fee for retrieval will be charged.
Other things to note
- Rent total includes taxes, cleaning and booking fees (Pets are allowed ONLY if approved prior to booking and pet fee is paid)
- Responsible party (YOU) must be 25 years or older per city laws to sign the rental agreement. - Please read House Rules section for all rules and restrictions according to Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance 1918.
- Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance the maximum occupancy allowed is 2 people per bedroom PLUS an additional 2 if they are 12 years of age or under only. Only one car per bedroom is allowed.
- No outdoor music allowed at any volume at any time of day (This includes any music, at any volume, on any device such as a cell phone) any indoor music which can be heard from the street OR from the neighboring property is prohibited.
- The City of Palm Springs requires that we obtain a list of names from everyone staying at the vacation rental property including the number of cars and their license plate numbers. - Pets are allowed only if approved prior to booking and pet fee is paid.
- Pool heat is set to 86 degrees (Nov-April) Not to be adjusted. - This home is not childproof or pet-proof, inside or out. - This house does not include RV, trailer, etc. parking.
- Reservations of 28 days or more in any property with a private pool require a utility deposit.
- BBQ – at least one full tank of gas should be provided for you. An extra cleaning charge may be added if the BBQ is left with excessive grease. - Holiday and special event rates may be higher.
- Coachella and some holiday weekends require a 4-night minimum.
This property is professionally managed by Oranj Palm Vacation Homes and it is required to submit a signed rental agreement by the guest/tenant within 24 hours of an accepted Airbnb reservation.
Responsible party (YOU) must be 25 years or older per city laws to sign rental agreement. Failure to submit this signed agreement within 24 hours will result in a cancellation of the reservation.
Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance the maximum occupancy allowed is 2 people per bedroom PLUS an additional 2 if they are 12 years of age or under only. Only one car per bedroom is allowed.
The City of Palm Springs requires that we obtain a list of names from everyone staying at the vacation rental property including the number of cars and their license plate numbers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF RENTAL:
- Violation of any rules/ordinances listed below may result in fine(s) and/or immediate eviction. Renter agrees that any such fines will be charged to the credit card on file:
- No house parties: An unauthorized party or event at the property will lead to your immediate removal from the property. The city of Palm Springs has strict vacation rental ordinances regarding parties and any violation can result in fines up to $3,000. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- No outdoor music allowed at any volume at any time of day (This includes any music, at any volume, on any device such as a cell phone) any indoor music which can be heard from the street OR from the neighboring property is prohibited. This is not a policy of our company, the city of Palm Springs has strict vacation rental ordinances regarding noise and any violation can result in fines up to $2,000. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- No smoking indoors. Smoking is strictly forbidden anywhere inside the house. If smoking outside please make sure to use an ashtray and collect all cigarette litter.
- Pool heat is set to 86 degrees (Nov-April) Please do not attempt to change pool settings, turn pool heating on, or change pool temperature unless authorized.
- Spa heat not to be left on after use to avoid overheating pool charge.
- Occupants not to exceed the number advertised. (Per city law)
- AC/Heating - Please DO NOT turn AC below 72 degrees, turning AC lower than 72 would not cool the house faster and may freeze the AC system.
- Please make sure you keep all doors and windows shut in summer/winter to conserve energy. We monitor energy usage at all properties and you may be charged an additional energy fee if energy usage is 20% or more above normal.
- Our properties do not include RV, trailer, 5th wheel, etc. parking. Other arrangements will need to be made.
- Please do not place hot or wet plates or cups directly on furniture, use coasters.
HOUSEKEEPING & MAINTENANCE:
- Guest/tenant must notify upon check-in or within 24 hours of any housekeeping complaint or property maintenance issue.
- Please, DO NOT attempt to fix anything yourself, please call us immediately. -Broken/Missing items: we much prefer that you report to us any items broken or missing upon your departure. We understand that accidents happen and would appreciate your honest cooperation if something went wrong while at the house.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE CHECKLIST:
- ALL trash should be tied in garbage bags and put in your trash bin prior to departure. Excessive trash left at the property may incur extra charges.
- Laundry – please remove all dirty sheets and towels and place in the laundry area/room. We would appreciate if you start a first load of laundry.
- Please do not re-arrange the house décor or move furniture.
- Close and lock all doors and windows, set the alarm on if a code was provided to you. Please make special effort to check all sliding glass doors to ensure they are properly locked.
- Make sure to turn all lights and electronics off – including pool/SPA lights - shut off the AC, and turn SPA off.
- Return all sets of keys and garage door openers to the Smoketree office.
Super Strict 60
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 60 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Oranj Palm Vacation Homes and Catalina Island Vacation Rentals provide first-class vacation rental services in the Coachella Valley and Catalina Island to local and international vacationers, seasonal, weekly & monthly.
Oranj Palm offers the perfect "Home Away from Home" with quality vacation rental homes, condos, golf villas and luxury estates in the desert, including Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage.
Catalina Island Vacation Rentals offers the largest selection of vacation lodging on Catalina Island with almost 200 privately owned properties, ranging from our beautiful villas at Hamilton Cove to quaint cottages, condos and houses in the charming resort village of Avalon, California.
Visit us online and view instant availability calendar, book and confirm your reservation online or call us to help you find the best vacation rental in the Coachella Valley or Catalina Island, our Vacation planners are available 24 hours a day to assist you.