Crescent Beach Cottage is a beautiful, hand-crafted, European-style cottage plus small guest house affectionately named “the Outback” directly across the street from the best walking beach on Orcas Island, and just a short walk from the picturesque village of Eastsound. Stunning views from every window let in light and magic into this well-appointed retreat.
Crescent Beach Cottage consists of two buildings: the main Cottage and the Outback which combined have two (2) bedrooms with Queen beds, two (2) full baths, plus a cozy study with a large chair that folds out into a twin bed. Together, the two buildings sleep 4-5. If you will be using just the Cottage, the Outback will not be rented out to another party during your stay.
The main Cottage, with one queen bedroom and a twin fold-out chair in a nook off of the bedroom, sleeps 3 and is an ideal destination for memorable vacations and celebrations, or quiet retreats. The owner has furnished the cottage with beautiful art and comfortable furniture meant to be lived in and loved. The living room is a welcoming place to sit and talk, read a book or watch TV or DVD’s. The galley kitchen adjoins the living room and is an ideal space to create meals with all the appliances and amenities needed to cook up something wonderful. The dining room is a great place to enjoy a meal or write your best-selling novel as it looks directly onto the beach. The spacious master bedroom features a queen bed and a wood burning stove, flanked by leather armchairs and ottomans. A small study off the master bedroom is the perfect place to curl up with a book or simply watch the wildlife in and around the pond. The study also has a large comfy chair that folds out into a twin bed.
There’s a high definition 33” plasma flat panel TV (basic channels), DVD player, high speed wireless internet, a CD player with CD library and I-Pod docking speaker system. A smaller TV is in the master bedroom.
If you have a larger party than 3, a separate guest house (The Outback), connects to the main cottage by a flagstone patio and sleeps 2 featuring a bedroom with a queen bed, dresser, bedside table, small TV, and a large bathroom. The Outback provides an ideal, private escape for a second couple, friends or family members you'd like to bring along, including children who are old enough to sleep in a close but separate building. The Outback rents for an additional $100/night.
In front of the cottage is a gorgeous, long walking beach. Watch storms in winter, beach comb for treasures year-round, build driftwood sculptures, wiggle your sand in the toes. The only other building on your beach is a kayak rental property, very handy if you’d like to kayak.
Behind the cottage, you’re in a bird-watcher’s paradise, looking onto a large pond and wetland, with the resident Blue Heron, Red-Winged Blackbirds, Kingfishers, all manner of ducks, coots, loons, grebes, and of course, eagles. The patio provides a magical place to grill a steak, veggies, or salmon or simply sit on the glider and watch the teeming bird life on and around the pond.
We are family friendly! The yard and garden are fenced. A charming garden shed can be used as a drinks center if you throw a party.
Not only will you have the entire Cottage and Outback to yourself, you also have access to the fenced yard which includes a small garden. You are welcome to cut flowers to bring inside, as well as help yourself to herbs from the garden. The flagstone patio between the Cottage and the Outback is a peaceful place to hang out and enjoy the view of the pond and bird sanctuary out back. And right across the street from the Cottage is Crescent Beach which is wonderful for walks and building driftwood forts.
Interaction with guests
This property is for rental use only, so the Owner will not be on the property. If you have questions or need assistance, you will find the contact numbers for the Property Manager, Housekeeper and Caretaker under the House Manual section which is available to you once your reservation is confirmed.
- Sleeping Arrangements - The main Cottage sleeps up to 3, with one queen bedroom and a twin fold-out chair in a nook off of the bedroom (there is no door inbetween the bedroom and nook.) The Outback, a separate building consisting of a queen bedroom and bathroom and located just steps across the patio from the main Cottage, sleeps up to 2.
- Additional Guests - People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the Property. Any other person in the Property is the sole responsbility of Guest.
- Responsibility - The Cottage is privately owned; the Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest.
- Condition - Keep the Property and all furnishings in good order.
- Appliances - Only use appliances for their intended use.
- Parking - Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Please do not park on the grass or block the neighbor's driveway. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towning; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Housekeeping - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily housekeeping service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the Property.
- Sauna - No children under the age of ten (10) permitted in the sauna at any time, without the presence of an adult. While there is no health risk to saunas, dehydration is a possibility if used for too long a period.
- Wood Stove - You are welcome to use the wood stove and the wood in the wood shed, as long as someone is present at all times. Do not leave the wood stove unattended.
- Candles - No candles allowed on the Property due to potential fire hazard.
- Garden - You are welcome to pick flowers and/or herbs from the garden for your personal use and enjoyment.
- Water and Septic - The Cottage is on city water and a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00).
- Storms - No refunds will be given for storms. Island roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do no refund due to road conditions.