K0021 Retro Rendezvouz City ID#2384 TOT Permit: 3085
If you’re looking for a mid-century modern experience in sunny Palm Springs, this 1957 Alexander-built home is it. Originally designed by the architectural team of Palmer Krisel, this post and beam classic was later published on the cover of Living Retro,” and has been nicely update to retain its 1950's glamour, yet provides all the modern amenities you need for today's lifestyle.
K0021 Retro Rendezvouz City ID#2384 TOT Permit: 3085
If you’re looking for a mid-century modern experience in sunny Palm Springs, this 1957 Alexander-built home is it. Originally designed by the architectural team of Palmer Krisel, this post and beam classic was later published on the cover of Living Retro,” and has been nicely update to retain its 1950's glamour, yet provides all the modern amenities you need for today's lifestyle. Original highlights include soaring exposed tongue and groove ceilings, concrete block fireplace, clerestory windows and globe lighting.
The great room combines a sleek updated kitchen, breakfast bar, large dining table for the whole group, and the living room with fireplace and 32 HDTV built into the A/V wall cabinet, all looking out through the giant glass sliders to the pool deck. Slide open these doors and enjoy the warm California sunshine and cool evenings around the sparkling blue swimming pool and spa. You’ll find plenty of lounge seating around the pool for entertaining. There is also a barbecue and outdoor shower. The only thing missing is you!
The main house offers two guest bedrooms, each with Queen size beds and 22 flat screen TV's, that share a hall bathroom, plus a huge master suite with private bathroom. This fantastic master suite provides plenty of privacy. The comfortable King size bed is framed by matching bedside tables and lamps. In the other half of the room, a large vintage sofa and coffee table sitting area provides a perfect space for reading or sitting with a cocktail or watching the 43 flat screen TV while your partner gets dressed for a night on the town. The private master bath features a huge walk-in shower with a luxurious double showerhead. When it’s time to sleep, pull the grasscloth sliding shades across the full-length sliding doors that lead to the private patio with sitting area and vintage fireplace.
This home is 1626 sq ft with an additional 300 sq ft. casita. The fourth bedroom is a large private poolside casita, with a Queen size bed, flat screen TV and its own private half bathroom (sink and toilet). The outdoor shower is just steps away but is not private. The laundry room is also in the cabana, behind a sliding screen wall.
With all these amenities, space and 1950’s flare, and an awesome Twin Palms neighborhood location that is walking distance to the Ace Hotel and Koffi, why rent anywhere else?
Ride the FREE Buzz trolley service in Palm Springs - hitting 30 stops every 15 minutes from Smoketree Village in South PS to Via Escuela in North PS. It operates from 11am to 1 a.m. every Thursday through Sunday. Enjoy Downtown and Uptown Palm Springs restaurants, bars and shopping without a worry about parking or the drive.
K0021 Retro Rendezvous
**Note: This home is in a quiet residential neighborhood and has zero tolerance for loud noise**
Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance Please Be Aware:
AGE: You must be over 25 years old to book this property. ID of responsible party is required at check-in.
OCCUPANCY: Maximum number of overnight guests limited to 2 adults per bedroom + 2 additional children under the age of 12. A list of all overnight guests will be required.
PARKING: Only 1 car per bedroom is allowed at property, including street parking. License plate numbers for each vehicle will be required at check-in.
NOISE: Be mindful of your neighbors- limit noise at all times during your stay to respectful levels. Outdoor music is not permitted at any level at anytime. Strict City penalties are imposed for any noise that can be heard from the property line. ABSOLUTELY NO PARTIES OR EVENTS.
**Violation of the City ordinance can result in fines upwards of $500, and may result in immediate eviction from property without refund.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Interaction with guests
- I give my guests space but am available when needed.
- (Early check-in or late check-out may be available for an extra fee)
- Check-Ins will be done at our office location. Address to be provided after booking.
- All check-ins outside of normal business hours must be arranged with our office in advance. Additional documentation may be required to guarantee an after- hours check-in, and/ or renter may be required to return to office the next day to complete paperwork.
- Check-out time is 10:00 AM on the day of departure unless other arrangements have been made.
- All keys, openers, passes, etc. must be returned to our office by noon the same day of check out. Late check out or key pick up may be available at an additional charge. If keys are left in the house a fee for retrieval will be charged.
Other things to note
- Rent total includes taxes, cleaning and booking fees (Pets are allowed ONLY if approved prior to booking and pet fee is paid)
- Responsible party (YOU) must be 25 years or older per city laws to sign the rental agreement. - Please read House Rules section for all rules and restrictions according to Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance 1918.
- Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance the maximum occupancy allowed is 2 people per bedroom PLUS an additional 2 if they are 12 years of age or under only. Only one car per bedroom is allowed.
- No outdoor music allowed at any volume at any time of day (This includes any music, at any volume, on any device such as a cell phone) any indoor music which can be heard from the street OR from the neighboring property is prohibited.
- The City of Palm Springs requires that we obtain a list of names from everyone staying at the vacation rental property including the number of cars and their license plate numbers. - Pets are allowed only if approved prior to booking and pet fee is paid.
- Pool heat is set to 86 degrees (Nov-April) Not to be adjusted. - This home is not childproof or pet-proof, inside or out. - This house does not include RV, trailer, etc. parking.
- Reservations of 28 days or more in any property with a private pool require a utility deposit.
- BBQ – at least one full tank of gas should be provided for you. An extra cleaning charge may be added if the BBQ is left with excessive grease. - Holiday and special event rates may be higher.
- Coachella and some holiday weekends require a 4-night minimum.
This property is professionally managed by Oranj Palm Vacation Homes and it is required to submit a signed rental agreement by the guest/tenant within 24 hours of an accepted Airbnb reservation.
Responsible party (YOU) must be 25 years or older per city laws to sign rental agreement. Failure to submit this signed agreement within 24 hours will result in a cancellation of the reservation.
Per Palm Springs Vacation Rental Ordinance the maximum occupancy allowed is 2 people per bedroom PLUS an additional 2 if they are 12 years of age or under only. Only one car per bedroom is allowed.
The City of Palm Springs requires that we obtain a list of names from everyone staying at the vacation rental property including the number of cars and their license plate numbers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF RENTAL:
- Violation of any rules/ordinances listed below may result in fine(s) and/or immediate eviction. Renter agrees that any such fines will be charged to the credit card on file:
- No house parties: An unauthorized party or event at the property will lead to your immediate removal from the property. The city of Palm Springs has strict vacation rental ordinances regarding parties and any violation can result in fines up to $3,000. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- No outdoor music allowed at any volume at any time of day (This includes any music, at any volume, on any device such as a cell phone) any indoor music which can be heard from the street OR from the neighboring property is prohibited. This is not a policy of our company, the city of Palm Springs has strict vacation rental ordinances regarding noise and any violation can result in fines up to $2,000. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- No smoking indoors. Smoking is strictly forbidden anywhere inside the house. If smoking outside please make sure to use an ashtray and collect all cigarette litter.
- Pool heat is set to 86 degrees (Nov-April) Please do not attempt to change pool settings, turn pool heating on, or change pool temperature unless authorized.
- Spa heat not to be left on after use to avoid overheating pool charge.
- Occupants not to exceed the number advertised. (Per city law)
- AC/Heating - Please DO NOT turn AC below 72 degrees, turning AC lower than 72 would not cool the house faster and may freeze the AC system.
- Please make sure you keep all doors and windows shut in summer/winter to conserve energy. We monitor energy usage at all properties and you may be charged an additional energy fee if energy usage is 20% or more above normal.
- Our properties do not include RV, trailer, 5th wheel, etc. parking. Other arrangements will need to be made.
- Please do not place hot or wet plates or cups directly on furniture, use coasters.
HOUSEKEEPING & MAINTENANCE:
- Guest/tenant must notify upon check-in or within 24 hours of any housekeeping complaint or property maintenance issue.
- Please, DO NOT attempt to fix anything yourself, please call us immediately. -Broken/Missing items: we much prefer that you report to us any items broken or missing upon your departure. We understand that accidents happen and would appreciate your honest cooperation if something went wrong while at the house.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE CHECKLIST:
- ALL trash should be tied in garbage bags and put in your trash bin prior to departure. Excessive trash left at the property may incur extra charges.
- Laundry – please remove all dirty sheets and towels and place in the laundry area/room. We would appreciate if you start a first load of laundry.
- Please do not re-arrange the house décor or move furniture.
- Close and lock all doors and windows, set the alarm on if a code was provided to you. Please make special effort to check all sliding glass doors to ensure they are properly locked.
- Make sure to turn all lights and electronics off – including pool/SPA lights - shut off the AC, and turn SPA off.
- Return all sets of keys and garage door openers to the Smoketree office.
Oranj Palm Vacation Homes and Catalina Island Vacation Rentals provide first-class vacation rental services in the Coachella Valley and Catalina Island to local and international vacationers, seasonal, weekly & monthly.
Oranj Palm offers the perfect "Home Away from Home" with quality vacation rental homes, condos, golf villas and luxury estates in the desert, including Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage.
Catalina Island Vacation Rentals offers the largest selection of vacation lodging on Catalina Island with almost 200 privately owned properties, ranging from our beautiful villas at Hamilton Cove to quaint cottages, condos and houses in the charming resort village of Avalon, California.
Visit us online and view instant availability calendar, book and confirm your reservation online or call us to help you find the best vacation rental in the Coachella Valley or Catalina Island, our Vacation planners are available 24 hours a day to assist you.