Gamekeepers Cottage is a two Bedroom timber framed cottage in the centre of Finchingfield, the most photographed village in Essex. The cottage is furnished comfortably and tastefully.
The cottage has open plan sitting room and kitchen. There are two bedrooms, one with king size bed, and one with twin singles. There is one bathroom with shower. The cottage is equipped with TV, DVD player, Freeview and WiFi. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a dishwasher, oven, job and microwave and fridge. We also supply iron and ironing board.
Gamekeepers Cottage has designated parking for two vehicles. The cottage has an outside patio area with garden table and four chairs. Guests may use th communal garden also.
Interaction with guests
I give guests space but am available should assistance be needed.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
May not be safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
Check in time is 3PM – 8PM
Terms and Conditions For Holiday Rentals
1. THE CLIENT is the person(s) who book(s) and/or stay(s) in the properties and is referred to in this document as “you” and “your"
2. THE OWNER is Finchingfield Cottages and is referred to in this document as “we”, “us” and “our”
3. NO SMOKING, Gamekeepers Cottage is strictly a NON SMOKING property.
4. PAYMENT in full of the rental charge (the charge you pay to rent the property from us) is required at the time of booking. A booking is not confirmed until full payment of the rental charge has been received.
5. MINIMUM STAY The properties require a two (2) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for fewer than TWO days, you will be charged the two-night rate.
6. CANCELLATIONS that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date are subject to a 25% cancellation fee or £100, whichever is greater. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment. Cancellation or early departure for whatever reason does not warrant any refund of rent.
7. RENTAL CHARGES are subject to change without notice.
8. CHECK-IN TIME is AFTER 3pm on the agreed arrival day and CHECK-OUT is PRIOR TO 11 am on the day of departure. Early Check-in or late check-out is by prior arrangement only.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is limited to 4 persons.. No tents, caravans, campervans or commercial vehicles are permitted. Limited numbers of day visitors are permitted by prior arrangement and they must leave the cottage by midnight.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES & SERVICES The rental charge includes a one-time linen & towel setup plus cleaning prior to your arrival and after your departure. Facilities fees are included in the rental charge. Please note that certain facilities may not always be available due to circumstances beyond our control.
11. PETS are not permitted in the properties under any circumstances.
12. CHILDREN should be closely supervised at all times
13. DAMAGES Any breakages or damage to the properties or contents must be reported to us within a reasonable period of time and certainly before your departure. Any damages not reported and paid for before departure will be due for payment by you within 14 days of being notified of such by us.
14. NO CANDLES are permitted INSIDE the properties and NO FIREWORKS are allowed due to noise restrictions and thatched properties close by. Similarly NO LOUD MUSIC is permitted outside of the properties or emanating from inside the properties through open windows.
15. KEYS The location of keys for the property will be explained to you on booking and keys must be left in the same place at the end of the rental period.
16. GARDEN The property has a patio area which is bordered by fencing/hedge. The rental charge allows you the use of the communal gardens surrounding the property you have rented, but does not give you access to other areas of the cottage complex.
17. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE While linens and bath towels are included in the price you have paid, daily maid service is not - however, it is available at additional cost and by prior arrangement. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the property.
18. DEPARTURE You agree to leave the property in the same condition, state of repair, cleanliness and tidiness as it was found.
19. ACTIVITIES No illegal, immoral or dangerous activities are to be carried out in the properties or on the Estate.
20. FALSIFIED BOOKINGS Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
21. PARKING Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas only. Please note that vehicles are left at the owner's risk.
22. WATER AND MAINS - The property is connected to mains drainage and the system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No sanitary products, wipes or nappies should be flushed at any time. If it is found that such items (or related items) have been flushed and subsequently clog the system, we reserve the right to charge damages of up to five hundred pounds (£500).
23. ACCESS we or our representatives reserve the right to access the properties during any reasonable hour to inspect its condition or to make essential repairs.
24. TRAVEL INSURANCE We recommend you take out travel insurance for your stay.
25. LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY We cannot be held liable for loss or damage to your property however caused.
26. LOST PROPERTY Any items left in the properties following a stay will be retained by us for a period of six (6) weeks before being disposed of, unless otherwise agreed in writing
27. ACCESS We cannot be accountable for adverse weather conditions preventing your rental from taking place, We cannot be responsible for lack of access on public roads.
28. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by us in advance.
29. TERMS AND CONDITIONS In renting our property it is deemed that you have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.
From Dec 18, 2017 - Jan 05, 2018 the minimum stay is 7 nights.