The Guest House at the RTC Training and Professional Services Centre features a comfortable stay at the premises of Bhutan's top rated private college, the Royal Thimphu College. Set in the serene woods of the Ngabiphu valley, the College is just 20 minutes away from the centre of Thimphu city. Dining options are available on campus, and nearby. Check with us in advance about options for a guided tour of campus as well as informative orientation talks on Bhutan and Gross National Happiness!
The Royal Thimphu Campus is a secure and safe academic environment. Guests enjoy one of the most peaceful and beautiful areas in Thimphu. Don't miss the incredible views of the world's largest sitting Buddha statue across the valley. We have 8 rooms total all under the name 'Royal Thimphu College Guesthouse', so feel free to book multiple rooms for your group of up to 16 guests depending on booking availability.
Basic wi-fi is accessible from all rooms. Additional facilities such as a washer/dryer are accessible on request.
Interaction with guests
Our guesthouse in-charge is generally available for queries during daytime hours, but can be contacted in case of urgent needs at other times; the facility is ultimately a simple educational institution in a beautiful and peaceful environment, and we are aiming to keep our rates affordable rather than aiming to be like a fully-serviced hotel with 24/7 service.
Being an educational institution, we would be happy to talk with you about options for a guided tour of campus, as well as informative orientation talks on topics ranging from Bhutan and Gross National Happiness to culture, society, business, and environmental management in Bhutan, among others. We'll be happy to point you in the right direction and facilitate arrangements for booking taxis for short or day-long sight-seeing in Thimphu.
Other things to note
Please do keep in touch with us regarding your arrival time and plans so that we can provide you the best possible service! For dining options on campus, these are generally available between the hours of 7:30 am - 8:30 pm daily for food service (the canteen closes around 8:45 pm) in Spring and Fall (March-June and August-November); in the summer break (July) and winter break (December-February), hours are 8 am - 6 pm Mon-Fri and 9 am - 5pm on Sat-Sun. Check with us in advance if you'd like to pre-order something anticipating a later arrival, or during the summer break and winter break hours. The entire campus, including the guest house, is a non-smoking area.
- Campus quiet hours start at 11 pm.
- Vehicle traffic is gate controlled.
- Meals are not included in the booking, but options are available at appropriate charges.
- Rooms are fully serviced between guests, and for guests staying longer than 3 nights, rooms are serviced every three nights.
- The guesthouse in-charge is available for queries generally during daytime hours, but can be reached in case of emergencies at other times.
- Check with us regarding options for events.
- Max room occupancy is generally 2 - if required, up to 1 additional guest can be accommodated in the room if necessary (mattress supplied), at an additional charge; otherwise guests must book other rooms.
This host has 31 reviews for other properties.View other reviews