This light filled top floor Art Deco 1 bedroom apartment has been filled with unique furniture and all of the comforts required no matter what your stay!
In the heart of St Kilda one of the most vibrant areas of Melbourne with amazing food options, great walks & close to everything. We have worked hard to create a beautiful oasis in the amazing city of Melbourne
A short walk to Prahran, Windsor, Albert Park, Middle Park, Elwood & a tram ride to Melbourne CBD!
Freshly renovated, light filled, top floor 1 bedroom art-deco apartment. In the heart of St Kilda, this quiet space boasts high ceilings, original timber floors and huge arch windows (with sea views). The main bedroom has a queen size bed, wardrobe space and ceiling fan. The newly renovated bathroom offers a beautiful tiled shower, huge rain shower head along with washing machine. The fully equipped kitchen, with its spacious refrigerator, is kitted out with everything required to cook a meal at home (but its Melbourne so who wants to cook), although do check out the pressed metal ceiling. Its pretty special. The big arch windows frame beautiful rooftop views and along with the comfy couch create a lovely space to sit and read. Alternatively this space can be a second bedroom by turing the sofa into a double bed.
The listed price for 2 guests is based on sharing the main bedroom. For twin share, there is an additional cost of $20 per person per night to cover to cover extra linen. For this option please book for three people and specify in your message.
At the front you will find a covered balcony area with vintage outdoor seating and greenery which provide the perfect setting for your morning coffee or afternoon cocktails.
Please note that this is a top floor apartment in a old block so there is no lift. Be prepared to walk however it gives you a great excuse to spoil yourself at one of the amazing restaurants in the area.
The apartment is furnished with authentic vintage pieces to complement the character of this 100 year old space. Our personal style leans to combining designer danish sofas, table and chairs with distressed vintage letterbox as a TV unit. The art throughout the apartment is often changing and features some of our favorite artists along with work from noted Australian photographer (and our friend) Amanda Fordyce.
All linen & towels are premium Sheridan and we take pride in the cleanliness of the apartment to ensure your stay is relaxing.
We loved this apartment from the first time we saw it and will welcome people who appreciate the craftsmanship and detailing which is so hard to find in modern work.
The apartment features;
- 1 bedroom art deco apartment
- High ceilings and period features
- Located just off the bustling Fitzroy St & Acland St areas down the road from Albert Park Lake
- Quiet top floor apartment covered balcony for evening drinks or morning breakfast
- Main bedroom with a brand new queen sized bed
- Second available fold out bed is high end double and comfortable for 2 people
- The apartment has a full kitchen with all utensils and food staples needed.
You will also have access to;
- A 4-6 person dining table
- Walk in shower newly renovated bathroom
- Fluffy sheridan towels
- Wardrobe space with room to hang and fold clothes
- High thread count Sheridan bed linen
- 2 x oil heaters & ceiling fans for summer
- Washing machine
- Free unlimited WIFI
- Flat screen LCD TV and DVD player
- Condiments & staple cooking essentials
- Fresh press coffee & teas
- All cooking utensils (microwave, toaster, kettle, pots, pans utensils)
Please note the standard booking fee is for usage of the main Queen bed only, not the second bed, if you would like to use the second bed you would need to book for 3 people and pay the extra charge per night.
Interaction with guests
We love where we live and are more than happy to give visitors the inside track with local tips and recommendations.
We have created a folder that we constantly update of our favorites local haunts, and the best sights in Melbourne, which shouldn’t be missed during your stay.
We are also happy to provide information and recommendations for road trips to the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsular and other areas. We can help set up tastings at some of the best vineyards and can give you a planned itinerary to follow to ensure you see the best the area has to offer. We can also provide guided tours with transport if you would prefer to enjoy the tastings rather than drive
Other things to note
Check In Details
- We normally arrange to meet you at the house if not we will provide a security code for the key safe
- We will explain any details about the house on arrival or they will be listed in our guide book
Check Out Procedures
- The kitchen should be left in the same condition as on arrival with dishes cleaned and bins emptied
- We ask that all used towels are left in the bathroom
This host has 23 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a Pilates Instructor who runs my own studio from home in South Melbourne. My husband Dave works in sales for an Australian Mineral water and drinks brand called Capi – there is always some in our fridge!
We spend our weekends eating and drinking our way around Melbourne, catching up with friends or exploring new places. We often head for drives to wine regions in VIC and always head for a surf during the warmer months.
We live in South Melbourne now just around the corner and are always around St Kilda. We love holidays and adventure and have recently been in Sri Lanka, Europe, Mexico & Vietnam chasing sun, surf, cold beer and spicy food!
Favorite Food; Vietnamese Pho (we have a secret local place!)
Drink of Choice; Dana - Gin & Sparkling Mineral Water/Dave - Ice Cold Beer
Favorite Destination; Vietnam