Highforest Dome is the rare experience you've been looking for. It's actually 2 domes, connected. You'll be on Whidbey Island, mere minutes from hiking, swimming, boating, kayaking, sighting whales, exploring beaches & shopping.
Search you-tube for Highforest Dome Vacation Rental drone video & Instagram @ domevacationwhidbey.
Langley and Freeland are close: find fresh seafood, or local grass fed beef, & cook on the barbecue. Croquet & games, S'mores for dessert around the fire anyone?
Come Experience the wonder of vacationing in two craftsman built geodesic domes as you "Discover Whidbey Island" at it's finest.
This is a great place for family reunions, get-a-way with friends, and feel wrapped by nature as it surrounds you. Front yard or back, lane or forest paths, there are places to sit and muse, bird songs to warm your heart.
The kitchen is well stocked with cookware and lovely dinnerware, with ample sized serving trays and bowls. You'll enjoy barbecuing salmon, roasting corn on the cob, and whipping up strawberry shortcake for dessert.
The beds are comfy, decor is refreshing, the pillows and sheets are soft and dreamy.
Three bedrooms have doors, the trundle bed is in a loft second floor area above the living room and shares a bath with the upstairs queen bedroom.
The connector between the domes has a Lane sofa bed with a full sized new memory foam mattress, good for lighter adults, or children.
The sky is the limit, as you look up through windows and skylights, find peace and fun all wrapped up in this amazing space. Night or day, the sky surrounded by tree tops brings back your own childlike sense of wonder.
The forest reaches into your heart, from the minutia to the magnificent.
Come connect with your peaceful self as you enjoy family and friends.
Highforest Dome has five acres of woodland, with a front yard and back, a fire pit area in the woods by the circle driveway, and patio in the back with tables and chairs, seating for 10 +
There's a small forest loft for tea or breakfast as you like. Children will enjoy it, too, however "climbing up or over the rail" is off limits.
Interaction with guests
You'll be able to text us with questions, and we'll have someone on-island while you're here to assist as necessary.
We have a local phone in the house, for emergency use, no long distance.
You'll receive a code the day you arrive to open the back door, through the blue gate.
Other things to note
Let us know if you're having a family reunion, since we have added suggestions. There's a ropes course, and an athletic center, where indoor swimming can add to the group fun. We're here to help you enjoy your stay, by giving you privacy always, and support when requested.
Cocoa, teas, and Coffee are provided. This is a vacation rental, so no breakfast is served.
- Children love it here... however the domes and woods are not small child proof. Yes, there are wall plug covers, however, no gate on stairs, etc. Little ones will need help navigating steps, stairs, and an occasional tree root.
- Quiet hours: 10 pm to 7 am for outdoor music and entertaining. Neighbors are down the lane, and do not wish to hear sound systems.
- Please remove shoes when you enter the house. You may wear house slippers inside if needed.
- Garage, gated area past garage, and gated garden down the lane are off limits.
- Please attend all small children when out of doors. This is a 5 acre woodland, surrounded by other private properties, and a small child could wander and get lost.
- Please stay on the paths in the woods, avoid climbing over logs. Watch for small stumps and tree roots. Enter the non-path areas at your own risk.
- Fireworks, firearms, rockets, are all prohibited. Smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of the house. If you smoke, please stay on the graveled areas of the road, to ensure no sparks get into the forest.
- Climbing on the fence of the forest loft is prohibited. The forest loft is the small platform loft behind the house. Small children under 6 years of age must be attended when using the forest loft.
- Island County does have postings regarding fire danger. Please take extra caution during these posted times, using the screen over the fire pit, and follow all safety rules.
- Maximum weight limit on the forest loft: equivalent to weight of 6 average adults.
We have lived on Whidbey Island for 38 years. We worked together in the medical service industry for many years, helping provide supplies to our Island neighbors.
We love Whidbey Island, and it's gracious people. We are proud to offer many recommendations for fun places and things to do, as well as fabulous dining and cooking choices. Salmon on the BBQ is one of our favorites with roasted veggies and our own homemade salsa.
Our family, plus nieces, nephews and friends have many memories reunions, of sleeping on the deck, playing in the house and woods, cooking together and making s'mores over the fire pit in the evening.
Every holiday found us at Double Bluff beach, playing in the driftwood and sand, exploring how many sand castles could be surrounded with moats before the tides came in. Every year the sea shells changed after the winter storms. Hiking the shoreline is and was part of our fun. Swimming at Goss Lake was another great time.
And there's nothing like lying down on the front yard/moss at night, as tree tops frame the stars and moon.
We're happy to have you come to enjoy nature at it's best at Highforest Dome.