About this listing
A new, cozy, and quiet bedroom with private bathroom in a beautiful townhouse in a prime location: Mount Vernon (Convention Center) and Logan Circle. 5 blocks to 2 metro stations (Mount Vernon Square and Shaw/Howard University). Steps to several amenities, including restaurants, cafes, and shops such as Safeway, Giant Food, Compass Cafe, SweetGreen, Busboys, and many many restaurants. Less than a mile from Union Station and around the corner from I-395 and I-295. Lots of natural sunlight
- Literally close to everything you need when you visit DC; you can walk everywhere.
- The home is a separate newly-renovated English basement of a beautiful townhouse located right in the heart of Washington, DC. It is centrally located in the heart of historic Mt Vernon/Shaw area: 4 blocks (7 min walk) to either Mount Vernon Convention Center (and Mount Vernon metro station) or Shaw-Howard University Metro Station; 3 blocks to Giant Food/Compass Cafe; 6 blocks to City Vista (24-hour Safeway; Busboys; Sweetgreen, and several restaurants) and to Logan Circle; several restaurants and shops on New York Avenue/K st.
- It is less than a mile from Union Station; 1 mile to Chinatown and Downtown DC; 1 mile and a half to Capitol Hill; and just around the corner from I-395 and I-295.
- There are several local gyms within half a mile radius, including Vida, OrangeTheory Fitness, Primal Fitness with fantastic Crossfit and Parkour classes, etc.
THE HOME and the AMENITIES:
- A perfect private bedroom with private bathroom for your stay in the center of DC: cozy, quiet, private, and clean. It is located upstairs where there are two bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Completely private, quiet, and clean.
- Guests will have access into the main house. Right after the door is the staircase leading to the upper floor and the bedroom is located right off the staircase. The bathroom is located next to the bedroom and exclusively for guests.
- There are hair dryer; iron; and iron board in the closet of the bedroom for your needs. Of course, high-speed wifi and TV with cable networks are available.
- There is no parking garage in the home, but if you drive, there are always plenty of street parking spots around the house (on O st, 3rd st, or New Jersey Ave). The high school's stadium is on the side of the street, which provides a lot of street parking space available all day and week long (no blocked time for street weeping).
- To put your mind at complete ease about parking, I am happy to return you with a $15 host credit per day, if you are not happy with your experience in finding street parking while staying at my home and you tell me about this in advance.
- A young male professional working in software industry. Originally from Vietnam, I have lived in 12 cities of 7 countries in 4 continents. I always love meeting new people and discovering and learning about new cultures. I value and embrace diversity.
- I recently moved to DC from Los Angeles to be close to my family and has fallen in love with the city. The more I walk around DC, the more I love the charm of this unique city. Hosting travelers from all over the country and around the world, I hope to share and to learn from all fellow travelers the beauty of this city.
CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT:
- Check-out is by 12PM and check-in is after 3PM. We want to make sure we have enough time to prepare the suite to welcome new guests in. However, this is entirely flexible. If you need to check in earlier or check out later, just let me know and I will try my best to accommodate your need.
- Guests have access to the bedroom and the bathroom only.
- I do NOT expect guests to have access to and use the common places in the house such as living room, kitchen, dining table, the deck at the back, and the English basement.
Interaction with guests
I usually work from 8AM-7PM. I am rather quiet. As much as I want to socialize with my guests, I also respect your privacy. I sometimes travel for work. Whether you see me or not, I am just a phone call, text message, or email away.
- Please leave your shoes on the shoe rack at the door. No shoes in the house please. -:) I have my home cleaned every 2 weeks, the floor is very clean.
- Please do not use common area such as living room, dining table, kitchen, the deck at the back, and the English basement.
- Please no guests.
- Please be nice, respectable, and awesome! ❤️
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 24 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am young male professional working in software industry. Originally from Vietnam, I have lived in 12 cities of 7 countries in 4 continents. I always love meeting new people, discovering and learning about new cultures. I value and embrace diversity. I recently moved to DC from Los Angeles to be close to my family and has fallen in love with the city. The more I walk around DC, the more I love the charm of this unique city. Hosting travelers from all over the country and around the world, I hope to share and to learn from all fellow travelers the beauty of this city.