Looking for a place to relax? Come to Vashon Island and relax on this delightful 15 acre forested property with access to a gorgeous 1,000+ ft. of private beach! (Please note: We do NOT provide the RV or Tents & you MUST bring your own portable toilet.) Natural beauty, gorgeous views of Puget Sound & Mt. Rainier & the forest surrounding you melt away life's stresses. Your group will be the only ones staying at the 15 acre property. Leashed pets are welcome.
Your must be totally self-contained (water, power, sanitation, etc. ) as there are NO HOOKUPS at this site. The nearest septic pump-out is 10 minutes away, and if you need to fill up water, you can drive a couple of minutes to our barn. There is no power plug in at the parking site, so be sure you have the battery power you'll need during your stay. Flashlights are necessary.
A five minute walk (or a one minute drive) takes you to Pt. Robinson Lighthouse & Park, or access a quiet, private beach down a trail that starts just outside your RV door. Walk the woodland trails, relax on the quiet beach, or hike to the Maury Island Marine Park. Visit the Chamber of Commerce to find out what's going on during your visit to Vashon...wineries, a distillery, cideries, art walks, galleries, quaint shops, and friendly locals welcome you.
It is a 20 minute drive from either the Fauntleroy/Vashon, Southworth/Vashon, or Talequah/Pt. Defiance ferry terminals.
Furry friends are welcome but must be leashed at all times for the sake of wildlife, and for the horses, rabbits, ducks and chickens that share the property.
The Sheepdog Classic, Vashon Allied Arts Garden Tour and Studio Tours, and the Festival are great weekend events. Check out the Vashon-Maury Chamber of Commerce, Vashon Allied Arts, Vashon Events, and Vashon Theater websites to find out what's going on.
Pets are welcome but must be leashed at all times for the sake of wildlife, and for the horses, rabbits, ducks and chickens that share the property.
Be sure you have enough water, propane and charged batteries as there is NO power/water hookup. There is $10 tank pumping at the Eagles, a 10 minute drive away. If you need to fill up water, you can drive a couple of minutes to our barn. Propane is available on the island at Ace Hardware, Island Lumber or Suburban Propane. There is no power plug in at the parking site, so be sure you have the battery power you'll need during your stay.
Keep yourselves, children and pets away from the brush at the top and bottom (beach) of the bank, as poison oak occasionally grows there.
NO SMOKING IN THE DRY GRASSY FIELD OR FOREST. Smoking is ok out on the beach sand, or out on the paved road. Please dispose of butts in the trash, not on the ground.
Quiet hours are 9 pm to 10 am.
By booking this property you are accepting complete financial responsibility for injury, death, accidents to yourself and any others you allow on the property.
The beach trail is steep and sturdy shoes should be be worn. There is alternate beach access a 1 min. drive away at Pt. Robinson Park. Take a right at the top of the driveway to get there.
Please don't walk in the field by the big pond where you are visible from the big house. There are trails in the woods and the beach for you to explore, as well as Dockton Trails, Island Center Forest, Shinglemill Creek, etc. for hikes/mountain biking. Kayaks can be rented through the Vashon Park District. The water in the harbor at Dockton Park and Jensen Point is comfortable for swimming in the summer. Check out the Chamber of Commerce, Vashon Park District, Vashon Events sites for more information on what there is to do on the island.
Interaction with guests
We are available 24/7 if you need anything!
Other things to note
Beach fires are usually allowed below the high tide line - the caveat being if there is a burn ban for air quality (a $1,400 fine or something crazy!) and sometimes the fire danger is too high if it is dry and windy. Check with Lisa, Larry or Sherry before lighting a fire anywhere. Charcoal BBQ's are not allowed June - October when the field grass is dry, but propane bbq's are fine anytime.
There is a $15 charge per person above 4 people.
NO SMOKING on the property (you can go out to the paved road or to the sandy beach) between June 15th and Sept. 15 (or so, depending upon fire danger) due to the dry grass in the field.
You might want to schedule a massage, sand tray therapy session or private yoga experience? We are happy to connect you with great local resources.
- * In case of emergency dial 911 from your cell phone and report the address 4025 S.W. Pt. Robinson Rd., Vashon, WA 98070.
- * If you can't reach Lisa ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) for some reason, please call: Sherry or Larry, who live in the big house just to the west above the pond) at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Landline or cells (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (no texting)
- * Beach fires only with owner's permission, please. Huge fines can be levied if there is a burn ban, so get permission before lighting a fire. NO FIRES OR OPEN FLAMES DURING DRY MONTHS (JUNE -SEPT) IN THE GRASSY FIELD.
- * Please avoid walking into the field in front of the big house next door.
- * Pets must be leashed at all times for the protection of our free-range animals, neighbors and wildlife.
- Stay out of the bushes at the top of the bank as there may be poison oak there. (Rare, but possible, and miserable if you get it!) It doesn't seem to grow anywhere on Vashon but on south facing slopes, so don't let kids climb on the bank at the beach, either...
- Quiet hours are 9:00 pm - 10 am.
- ENJOY and please let us know if you need anything! We are happy to help!
This host has 633 reviews for other properties.View other reviews