About this listing
The perfect setting for peace and creativity!
Hemmed by wrap around decks, patios and Zen gardens, our remodeled estate, is nestled on 3 acres of land facing the State Park.
Close to the Pacific Ocean and Topanga village - Located in a welcoming neighborhood - Reachable via a choice of well paved access roads - Connected to the state park via dirt trails - Hiking - Horse and bike riding friendly - Centenarian pines - Wild life - Fine dining and entertainment nearby The best of both worlds!
The union of the tame and the wild.
--The private 3 cars driveway leads to a top to bottom 3 bedrooms two baths fully and thoroughly remodeled house.
A wrap around deck with mountain and forest views, day bed, lounge chairs and sofas, hems the kitchen living room and dining rooms on the second floor while the ground floor offers two large bedrooms and a bedroom/lounge study that opens to a brick patio and a Zen garden. Each and every space whether indoors or outdoors is dedicated to entice peace, relaxation and creativity.
Some guests never leave the house and their idea of interaction with nature is through the comfort of day beds or lounge chairs spread around the upper deck...
-- The very friendly neighborhood.
-- Topanga Festivals, open sky theater, farmer's market, restaurants, post office, library, coffee shops, yoga studios, hairdresser, art and fashion boutiques... One does not have to leave Topanga to enjoy the city delights with an additional touch of unique mountain village charm.
-- And for the more ambitious visitor: The perfect spot to replenish physical and mental stamina after exploring here and there the myriads of cultural, professional , entertainment or sportive avenues that the Great Los Angeles offers.
-- the convenience of well paved access road choices versus only one adds comfort to the mountain escape.
-- There are enough trails and special areas in our estate to satisfy the yogi, thinker or dreamer who does not want to go have to through strenuous physical efforts in order to experience the touch of the wild. And for the more adventurous, there is --in a more secluded area of our land -- a very sacred Ganesha rock facing East and the splendor of the non touristic State Park...
-- The wild fauna and flora for the nature lovers.
Our house has welcomed environmentalists, scholars, honeymooners, convalescent, inspired writers, visual artists, musicians and hosted silent retreats as well as private seminars.
Our house is smart and its temperature can be monitored via internet. The remodeling has been done with love and attention to details and we hope you will appreciate the craftsman touch.
It is basically a brand new house with new kitchen appliances, utensils... just to name a few etc...
Every room has a view, there is a fireplace in the dining room, fast internet, video projector in the living room.
We provide bed sheets, towels and the basics.
Interaction with guests
We are there for you and will do our best to make your stay memorable.
We are living below. Close enough for being of help should you need any but far enough to allow you total privacy.
Other things to note
Things to underline:
-This is a no cigarette home and no shoes home and no loud music after 10pm unless during special events.
- Use water sparingly as we are in drought territory and so conserving water resources is a must.
- No noise after 10pm.
-No use of air conditioning with windows and or doors left open.
- Respect of the wildlife. It is a grace to live so close to Los Angeles yet to have such privilege to encounter the "locals". From lizards to deer, coyotes, squirrels, bob cats, hummingbirds,birds of prey and other fellow winged... to only name a few...
- Rinse outside first when coming from the beach so we can avoid shower and bathtub headaches
- For the land and the livings around, our house comes with eco-friendly cleaning products, whether for the dishwasher, the washing machine or other cleaning necessities.
- We love pets and all animals but for the respect of those who are allergic to dogs or cat hair, pets are not allowed.
- No Parties, No Drugs, No fires, except in the inddor fire place and no fires on windy days. We will ask you to leave if you endanger the house or the surroundings.
- No cigarettes neither indoor nor outdoor breaking the rule will result in eviction without refunds. Exceptions will be made for responsible person or persons with medical needs and on a designated spot on strict one to one basis. No candles. No open fires. Due to the year around fire danger, the outdoor real pizza oven can never be used with exceptions that will be influenced by weather for a starter...
- No stains on the outside furniture from sun tan oils, creams, food, etc and the same goes for the inside furniture and all the linens. No coconut oil stains on the sheets. These do no come out and we have to replace all the linens.
- Our home is for enjoyment of Airbnb guests only, Should you like to have a small party of 10-25 guests, there will be an additional fee from $750 to 1250. We will supply one cleanup staff for your party. Any gathering of over 25 guests, we will charge you an event fee of $4000 and you will be asked to leave. This is a very strict policy. We will not negotiate after the fact.
- This house favors no shoes as per request of most of our guests and for the comfort and convenience of all.
The number loads in the washer and dryer will be determined on a one to one basis.