Our home is located in North Vancouver in the Blueridge area. It is a fully contained, private and separate garden suite that accommodates one person in a queen room. A common area accommodates one additional person in a single bed. Suite has mini-kitchen (no stove), bathroom and lounge area. The sleeping beds both have a good quality, clean, real mattress and box spring in bed frames.
- Our well kept home and property will bring you closer to nature, our local mountains for skiing, hiking and biking - Inside living is very clean, bright and calming - The cozy kitchen for two is fully equipped with all necessary gear other than food to get you going for the day - Full size fridge, microwave, toaster, toaster oven and kettle for tea. Instead of an electric coffee maker we provide a mesh or paper coffee cone filters only (no coffee, milk or sugar provided) - The use of the stove/oven is not included.
Laundry can be available, upon request, on "pay per load" basis. Contact host for service (1 load washer - $6 .00. Must use only "HE/high efficiency" cold water laundry detergent therefore it is included and supplied by host Dryer up to 60 minutes - $4.00)
Access to the suite by host may be necessary at guests convenience.
Interaction with guests
- We are a semi-retired couple with no pets - My husband and I are at home, working around the yard gardening or nearby most of the time. We are available during your stay anytime, either in person, by phone or email (no text) - It is our pleasure to make your visit comfortable - We look forward to making your stay as memorable as possible!
Other things to note
Let us know where you are coming from and mode of travel. If your arrival time in Vancouver will be after dark please prepare us with an email with your estimated time of arrival at our house. Check is before 9:00 pm! We will then leave the light on to the right of the front door and also down at the garage door. There are a few steps up to a sidewalk and again up to our front door. We will then show you to the garden suite entrance. The fridge will be turned on for you and be ready upon your arrival, unless you mention it will not be required during your stay. If the single bed in the common area is not used during your stay, please leave us a message to say that the linens are "not used" so the sheets are fine for the next guest(s)
- Upon arrival please park on our side of the street, in front of our house leaving enough space past our driveway for our own vehicles to get in and out
- Obtain key code from host(s) at front door
- We prefer that you lift your rolling luggage over the door sill, into the house
- Entrance in backyard via driveway
- Entrance door is under the covered porch
- Please remove shoes upon entry. (No shoes on carpeted areas)
- Guests expected to conserve energy by turning off all inside lights when leaving the garden suite and in rooms not being used when home
- Must compost all vegetable matter daily into "green bin" outside
- Must recycle all paper, metal, tin and plastics into blue bin daily outside kitchen door
- Device plug ins, chargers to be unplugged when full and or not in use
- Quiet time is from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM
- No showers during quiet time please
- Please keep personal belongings in bedroom
- Shower times must be after 7:00 am and before 10:00 pm
- Use shower when both windows in the bathroom have been opened approx 6" to the outside for ventilation. When leaving the bathroom after your shower, leave the shower door open, as well as the bathroom door to the hallway open, to allow all moisture to escape
- The water pressure is very good. We have the shower head pointing to one side on purpose to avoid the spray pointing at the shower door and or onto the bathroom floor.
- Hair catcher to be used in the shower drain in the shower. Hair goes into garbage
- Following shower use squeegee on shower walls, all glass and soap shelf after each shower
- Do not use top edge of shower stall for hanging anything on
- All personal products including condoms, wipes and all feminine products go into the garbage. DO NOT FLUSH
- Please do not place makeup or luggage bags on toilet seat
- Used/damp kitchen tea towels and dish cloths to be left in dish rack to dry. Do not hang on cupboard doors
- Coasters to be used on all furniture or wood surfaces for all beverages including water bottles
- Visiting with friends, family or others will be conducted in the community
- During hotter weather in Vancouver you will find the private room to be quite comfortable temperature wise. It will feel "as if" there is air conditioning
- Iron is located in a lower kitchen cupboard below the microwave. The mini ironing board will be left in view
- BATHROOM AND BEDROOM WINDOWS ALL TO BE SECURED/LOCKED BEFORE LEAVING THE SUITE AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so when you have left the premises during your stay, will give the host(s) reason to enter the suite to secure our home and property! GUEST MAY USE SELF CHECK OUT ONLY IF ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS ARE SECURED/LOCKED.
From Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2017 the minimum stay is 1 night.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are looking forward to being new hosts on Airbnb! Our North Vancouver home invites you to explore our beautiful city. Our recreational property is in Garden Bay on the Sunshine Coast and gives us much enjoyment relaxing away from the hectic city. English is my first language and I understand German. I grew up in Lynn Valley, Seymour Heights and Deep Cove communities of North Vancouver. In 1958 this home was purchased by my parents and has become our passion during our retirement. We spent time living in Santa Barbara, California along side the beautiful beaches during my younger years. After returning back to Seymour Heights into this family home, I met my husband in Deep Cove, during our high school days. His family moved out to the Cove from the community of Kerrisdale in Vancouver. We enjoy listening to the blues, camping, bicycles, scooters and gardening. We also live a life "off the grid" on acreage on the Sunshine Coast, our favorite travel destination in 2 hrs door to door. We take pride in sharing our other passion of "living with less" and taking in the opportunities on the North Shore to live and explore nature under a canopy of 100 year old trees, virtually in our backyard. Let us show you the way.....