Beautiful, new, well-maintained home on the lake with open floor plan, private dock for year round lake access and a seasonal beach. The home has a gas fireplace, pool table with a ping pong table top, 60" flat screen tv with satellite and BluRay player, dartboard, fire pit, rockers on the spacious front porch, gas grill, and basketball hoop on large concrete driveway. A perfect lakeside retreat for boating, swimming, enjoying the local activities, and just getting away from it all!
A quiet place for relaxation and fun, that was completed in 2011.
PARKING: There is easy parking for multiple cars. Stairs (4) get you from parking to the front door.
SLEEPING: There are two bedrooms (see photos).
BEACH: The beach is determined by lake level. In early spring there may be no beach at all, and the dock will be great access to the water. In late summer/fall the beach can be large enough to walk on into the nearby cove and explore the rocks.
OUTDOORS: In additional to a front porch, fire pit, and basketball pole on our large concrete pad, the home is located on approximately 20 acres adjacent to a large, private community with fully paved access. Walk and hike to your hearts content, enjoying the beautiful outdoor space that is home to abundant wildlife.
GRILL - there is a gas grill for you use.
TV/INTERNET/CELL: televisions are located in the living room and master bedroom, service provided by DISH Network, and a BlueRay DVD player with surround sound in the living room. There are 2 Redbox machines located in nearby Clarksville. This is rural Virginia and connectivity is sometimes rough. CELL providers like Verizon and AT&T have good reception. INTERNET is not available. It's a costly and slow option out here.
NEARBY AMENITIES: The town of Clarksville, VA, the only town on the lake, is only a few minutes away. It has anything you'd need or want from groceries and pharmacy to boat rentals, restaurants (pick up or dine in) and boutique stores. Check the Chamber of Commerce to see if one of the festivals will be happening when you come to town.
Just down from the house is a dock which will accommodate your boat and two jet skis, while allowing you to access one of the largest recreational lakes on the east coast of the US offering boating, fishing and swimming on nearly 50,000 acres of water and over 800 miles of shoreline. Enjoyment of the area is not limited to the lake, as the area is served by a multitude of state parks offering equestrian activities, archery, hiking and crafts. These parks also offer children's programs to add variety to your stay. In the fall, the shoreline opens up to thousands of acres of forest offering magnificent fall foliage.
Self check in - we will provide you with the code for access within 24 hours of your arrival. If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
While most of the home is available to renters, we have locked off certain areas to secure our personal items.
Interaction with guests
The owners are available easily by phone should you need any guidance or assistance. If in-person assistance is needed, we may either send a local friend/acquaintance.
Other things to note
Kerr Lake is a popular water sports destination with plenty of open water for skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, etc. If you prefer a more relaxing water experience, the cove is the place to be. Swim in the calm waters around the dock or lounge on your float and enjoy the peaceful cove with bald eagles, hawks, heron, geese, and ducks.
Located on a calm cove, the dock has room for a boat and 2 jet skis. Put your boats in at Occoneeche State Park and check out the marina there for all of your boating needs. Unlike many Kerr Lake properties, Moo Cow Cove has only a slight incline from the water to the house, making loading and unloading easy.
We have a 15' canoe, which seats 3, available for renters, so you can explore the Cove or out into the open lake if you're more adventurous.
The crappie, catfish, striper and bass are calling ... It's time to drop a line! Bobcat's Bait & Tackle (4 miles away) has everything you need for a great fishing trip on Kerr Lake. No boat? No problem! Catch your dinner from the dock or rent one from Clarksville Water Sports (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Please don't clean your fish on the dock or in the house!
With buildings dating back to 1889, Clarksville, Virginia has an old-fashioned feel to it. It's a small town with friendly locals who are happy to provide tips about the area. The downtown is just a 10 minute drive or short boat ride from Moo Cow Cove. You can tie up your boat at the public dock and explore Virginia's only lakeside town. There are plenty of restaurants and shops to explore as well as several grocery stores and fast food options. Looking for dinner to go? Call ahead - some restaurants will deliver to the dock!
Canoe, washer, dryer, heat, air conditioning, gas fireplace, gas grill, fire pit, outdoor seating for 12 at fire pit and 6 on porch, skewers for marshmallow and hot dog roasting- DVD/Bluray player, basic board games
We are happy you've decided to stay in our home! Please make yourself at home! Please remember that this is our home, and treat our possessions with respect.
- Any food or paper products are for you to use, but if you finish something, please replace it.
- Pool table--please don't put anything on this! It is not for drinks, food, or people. Don't try to "hop" the pool ball. Enjoy playing pool or ping pong, but treat it with care. (Any damage to the pool or ping pong table will be filed with AirBNB) The corner by the fireplace is tight, so use the short pool cue stick there. Put pool table cover on before placing the ping pong table-top on.
- Do not hang wet towels or suits on the bunk beds or any furniture. If they are very wet, we hang ours on the back porch rail, until they are dry enough to be hung from the many hooks inside the house.
- Do not sit wet on any furniture.
-Do not sit on any furniture if you have sun screen on. Sit on a dry towel.
- Do not spray sun screen in the house or on the porch.
- Do not place drinks on ping pong or pool table.
- Take your shoes off at the door, especially if they have clay on them.
- A grill is available; please roll away from the house to use, allow to cool completely before replacing cover and roll back in place.
- Canoe is under the back left corner of the house? Return it, with paddles.
- There are 12 chairs under the house to be used around the fire pit. Return them, when done.
- A house manual will be available at the house which will provide details of how to use the house and property, clean up procedures and such.
- THE HOUSE IS LOCATED IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD. PARTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED AND IT MUST BE QUIET AFTER 11 PM.
- Only declared tenants can sleep in the house.
- Pets are strictly forbidden in the house.
- Smoking/incense is strictly forbidden in the house: if smoke odors or traces of cigarettes are detected in the house or on the property, a strict cleaning fee of up to $1000 will be applied.
-- Fireplace must be used properly. Damage to home or furnishings from misuse will incur fees.
? - You must leave the house clean. If proper cleaning is not performed, part or all of the deposit will be retained to cover for the extra cleaning. The cleaning fee covers washing sheets and towels.
- Dishes must be washed and the dishwasher emptied. A $10 fee will be applied if not done.
- Trash must be driven to the dumpsters nearby--Hwy 58, east toward South Hill on the left/west side on Jeffress (702), or north on Hwy 15, or south on Hwy 15. . A lidded trash can is provided to store full trash bags until they can be taken to the dumpster. Unfortunately, recycling is not an option, unless you are able to take it home with you to dispose of. A $100 fee will be applied if more than a small bag of trash has been left.
You must also acknowledge
Must climb stairs - There are stairs from the drive to the house.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.