As a Superhost for over 2 years, Ana has been the most difficult guest I've had to deal with. I don't agree with Airbnb for allowing this review to be published, since I think it is biased but Airbnb didn't agree and went ahead with the publishing. I will explain each point in detail:
1) Ana only has 1 review in her profile, so I don't know what she is talking about regarding her "experience" in reviews in Airbnb.
2) Ana sent me her complete itinerary and I helped assess on her on which places to visit and indeed agreed to change the reservation dates when she asked me.
3) When Ana arrived to my house she said that it was very clean, so I don't understand why she put 1 star on cleanliness
4) The window Ana is talking about is a small window in the 2nd bedroom. This window has already been fixed.
5) All the houses in Costa Rica have barbed wire, gates, or some sort of protection. There is nothing I can do about this, that Costa Rica. My house on the other hand, has no barbed wire because I have a guard on the street and CCTV cameras. There is also a gate around the house. It seems that for Ana this wasn't enough, although I did mention this to her when she complained.
6) This house has a lot of windows, as you can see in the listing. The house has no screens.
7) If Ana's daughter is so allergic to mosquitoes I don't understand what she was doing in Costa Rica. Costa Rica is a tropical country and there are mosquitos. I have bug killer spray and repellent in the house anyways. I cannot guarantee anyone will not get bitten by a mosquitos because as I said, this is Costa Rica, a tropical weather country.
8) The window was scheduled to be fixed, but people don't work on Sundays, the day Ana wanted her window to be fixed.
9) The check in and check out time is written in the listing, I don't understand why she is complaining about that if she agreed to it beforehand.
10) I don't consider myself to be arrogant or aloof. I just could see that Ana's intentions were mean and that she was finding any excuse to have a free night's stay on my behalf.
11) If Ana was so unpleased about my house and had her daughter hospitalized for a mosquito bite, I don't understand why she stayed until the end of her stay in my house. Why didn't she complain with Airbnb during the stay, and wait until the end?
Once again, I have bug killer spray, insect repellant, a guard in the street, CCTV cameras, and a gate. I think I had all the issues she is complaining about covered.
Very upset with Airbnb about the way this case was managed and would not recommend this guest at all.