Tiny House living! Fondly referred to as the Casita, this studio style home packs functionality into a minimalistic style of living. This newly renovated space has cool industrial vibe with fresh new finishes. Situated behind a modern but historic home with a gorgeous backyard, the Casita has its own patio but the canopy oak tree that shades the backyard is something that just makes you feel serene.
The Casita is the perfect place for the traveling person to have their own private space yet not feel like they are traveling as the setting feels like a vacation. It's outfitted to work for a short term stay or a longer term stay. It can be added to the booking of the main house that it sits behind should a larger group want complete privacy or use of the space for its additional full bathroom.
It's perfect for a summer intern, a traveling nurse, a student or professor visiting San Jose State University, a business person, or a great space for visitors of residents of the area who don't have enough room to have you! It's great for a couple as well as a single person. It could be a little staycation spot or if you're traveling through California and need to break up your travel, San Jose makes a great midway point.
The Casita's kitchen has a small microwave, induction burner, coffee maker, and toaster oven, pantry storage and a fold up table under a window looking out to your patio.
The patio outside the Casita, and one parking space either on the driveway or with a permit on the street. You will have access to the both side yards so that you can enter the utility room of the main house to utilize the washer and dryer.
Interaction with guests
I'm only a text or a phone call away.
Other things to note
To retain the privacy of the main house, the walking path to the Casita is through the side yard and then the backyard. When two different guests are occupying the Casita and the main house, a portable privacy screen will line the path to the Casita.
Parking is permit parking on the street. Please mention if you have a car so we can include a permit hanger for your car. This MUST be returned at the end of your stay to avoid a charge. You will only park on the street if the main house is occupying the driveway.
The property is protected by nest cameras. The backyard is video'd by an exterior camera and will pickup entry & exit into the casita.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm - 7 am
- No smoking on the patio or in front of house...Please take a walk if you feel the need to smoke
- Please do not leave the A/C on when you leave or put it on Timer mode
- No overnight guests allowed unless previously approved by Host
- Keep visitors to a minimum-this is a small place to stay, not a hang out. No more than 4 people including the guests themselves should be present at any given time
- Do not give out your entry code to anyone. Only confirmed guests should be on the property and must be present when visitors come
- Please keep windows closed and door locked when you are not present
- If you are with a vehicle and have received the street parking with a permit, upon your exit you must leave the parking permit to avoid a charge against your security deposit
- Laundry hours: Please have your laundry needs in the common area wrapped up by 8:00 pm. The machines share a wall to the private wing bedroom and as a courtesy to that guest, the machines should not be running past this time.
- Parking in the driveway. Please do not straddle the sidewalk for any length of time. You will either be told in your welcome message to use one spot in the driveway, or to use the street parking permit.
This host has 100 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a realtor. I am California born and raised. I love meeting new people and have been to many places throughout the world. I like to travel, I like sports, good food (I'm a good cook and a foodie when I'm in a new place), and animals. I consider myself kind and considerate, mellow but energetic, friendly, not high maintenance. If you were to ask my friends what I'm about, they'd probably say she's always helping someone....I know everyone, I stay connected, I'm loyal, I get it done.