Designer Apartment with Tibetan theme, traditional yet contemporary. This twin bedroom (2 single beds) is located in a very tranquil location close to Swoyambhunath Stupa. It is only 3 km from Thamel, Patan, Durbarmarg.
The apartment is huge covering 1800sq. ft of floor space with beautiful views of the hills, Swoyambhu Stupa and Kathmandu city.
It is in a 3 bedroom, 1 living room, 1 kitchen with a huge balcony.
The apartment is decorated with both traditional and contemporary Tibetan antique furniture and Tibetan carpets. Some of the furniture and carpets date back to late 18th century which my grand parents had purchased way back when they used to barter salt for other goods in Tibet-Nepal border.
Book it if you want to enjoy an authentic contemporary Tibetan experience.
The Harmonious Friends Room - Twin Room
- The room comes with two single beds, light breakfast provided everyday.
- The room has a panoramic view of the hills, plenty of space and natural light.
- The floors are hardwood parqueted.
- The room is very bright, clean and new.
The meaning behind the Harmonious Friends Theme :
The 4 Harmonious Friends is often painted to adorn thangkas, door curtains, tables, vessels and walls of Buddhist temples and homes. It is believed that wherever this picture is displayed, the wholesome deeds of its beholders and the harmony among them will increase, making much auspiciousness available. There will be no discord or separation between family and friends too, as the picture is a powerful reminder of how we should stay together to help one another. As we all have varying strengths and weaknesses, we can complement one another to accomplish that which we could never achieve alone.
• Access to the kitchen for light breakfast(Cereals, Muesli, Bread, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Jam, Coffee, Juice, Milk, Tea, Seasonal fruits)
• Access to the living room with free cable HD t.v.
• The common balcony overlooking the Swoyambhunath Stupa and the lush greenery
• Roof terrace with amazing 360 degree view of the valley
• Solar powered hot water 24h
• Free wi-fi
• Free set of towels and linens changed twice a week
• Free light service cleaning twice a week (After every two nights)
• Free full service cleaning once a week (After every three nights)
• Laundry per bag $8
• Free parking
• Smoking area: Balcony, Compound.
Interaction with guests
While respecting the privacy of the guests, we are always ready to give advice and recommendations whenever needed.
- No unregistered guests without prior approval.
- No smoking inside the house and if you do smoke outside in the balcony, please be courteous and clean up the cigarette butts/ash.
- If anything breaks, spills, stains, etc. please let the host know asap
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am Rahul Gurung, an avid traveler from the Himalayas. I was born in Kathmandu, Nepal but have been travelling the world, experiencing new cultures and meeting people from all walks of life.
I completed my Bachelor's in Business Administration from Stratford University in New Delhi and then moved to Gold Coast, Australia to pursue my Master's of Business Degree at Bond University.
While in Australia, I had the opportunity to work at the World's first fashion hotel Palazzo Versace, a 6 star property where I gained experiences in Hospitality, Marketing & Management. After almost 3 years in Australia, I decided to return to my beautiful country and pursue a more challenging route to entrepreneurship.
One of the ventures that I have started is a Tibetan themed Air-BnB in Kathmandu, Nepal known as 'Karma Suites'. It is a calm, quiet, traditional yet modern oasis away from the hustle-and-bustle of Thamel. (10 mins drive from my place). The apartment is very spacious, bright, spotless and full of natural light.
I would see my place as the best kept secret in Kathmandu, Nepal as it is directly looking at the Swoyambhu Nath Stupa 'Monkey Temple', situated in the heart of the hills with lush greenery and furnished with all different Tibetan furniture and rare antiques.
I run this BnB business so that I get to meet the global citizens of the world and to travel to new places because I believe the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Thank you and Hope to see you soon!