BOOK NOVEMBER 18-21 FOR ONLY $350/NIGHT!
The CLOSEST vacation home to Universal Studios--only a 15-minute walk!
A private 3-bed, 2-bath oasis w/ heatable pool, hot tub, kitchen, garage/driveway.
Walk to Metro; 10 mins. to Warner Bros. & Disney Studios.
- Family-friendly 3BR, 2BA house sleeps 10 in secluded neighborhood
- 15-minute walk to Universal Studios entrance and Metro station
- 10-minute drive to Warner Bros. and Disney Studios, Studio City's Ventura Boulevard shopping district
- One Metro stop to Heart of Hollywood at Hollywood/Highland (Dolby & Mann's Chinese Theaters, Walk of Fame, Jimmy Kimmel)
- Heatable pool and hot tub underneath jungle foliage
- Charcoal grill on pool deck, with lighter fluid provided
- 2-car, remote-controlled garage and 1-car driveway
- 3 flatscreen televisions, all with DirecTV (no DVR)
- DVD players in living room and master bedroom
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Bose Soundtouch wireless speaker system
- Romantic loft master bedroom with gas fireplace and memory foam-topped king bed
- Luxurious master bathroom with full bathtub, dark grey marble flooring and shower, walk-in closet
- Queen memory foam bed and pillows in second bedroom
- Memory foam couch and chaise sleeps 1-2
- Cushioned seat and ottoman sleeps 1
- Pack 'n play/playard, car seat, and two high chairs
- Lounge area with gas fireplace, workspace, board games
- Fully equipped kitchen for complete food preparation
- White vintage 6-burner stove, oven, and broiler
- Dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, teapot
- Refrigerator and freezer with ice maker and water filter
- Extra linens, pillows, and beach towels
- Ample shelving and closet space in all bedrooms
- Thermostat for both heating and A/C
- Washer and dryer with detergent provided
- Library of travel, cooking, science fiction, and children's books
- Stone's throw from Weddington Park with running track and baseball diamonds
- 5-minute drive to supermarkets, pharmacy, Starbucks, restaurants, Toluca Lake's Riverside Drive shopping district, junction of 101, 134, and 170 Freeways
- 15-minute drive to Burbank Bob Hope International Airport
- Cleaning supplies, paper towels, and trash bags
- Iron, ironing board, hangers, and cleared closets
- Hair dryer, hand soap, air freshener, and toilet paper
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- Street parking available nights and weekends
- Weekly gardener and pool service
- Property managers exclusively assigned to this house
- Secluded neighborhood, yet close to everything
A JOURNEY THROUGH THE HOUSE
The Universal Island House whispers oasis from first approach, its desert motif front yard set back a ways from its quiet residential street.
The brick patio and lounge area make way for wood flooring in the LIVING ROOM. Here, French windows opening to the front provide plentiful sunlight during the day, while the soft yet ample lighting sets the mood at night. The living room includes a memory foam couch and chaise (sleeps 1-2), and a full entertainment center with a 42" flatscreen television, DirecTV, DVD player, Bose SoundTouch wireless speaker system, and full library, providing ample luxuries for both viewing your favorite movie and kicking back with friends and family.
Move into the LOUNGE AREA. A large wooden writing desk seats two, but hardly detracts from the space's full ambiance: its 30-foot-high ceiling, one-of-a-kind brick flooring, stained glass windows, lighted artwork, gas fireplace, cushioned seats and couch, and treasure chest filled with board games serve for the perfect late-night hangout.
In the KITCHEN, pots and pans hang above an island counter, while a white vintage six-burner stove, oven, and broiler with vent sits among a microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, teapot, porcelain sink, garbage disposal, refrigerator with ice maker and water filter, and dishwasher installed in March 2016. Fully stocked with plates, glasses, silverware, cookware and bakeware, the kitchen provides everything you'll need to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner for an entire house of people.
The French windows in the DINING ROOM bring ample sunlight to a large wooden round table, with six chairs and two stools able to seat your entire party.
Make your way to the BACKYARD, where the granite pool deck, desert motif, lounge chairs, and tall jungle foliage create the perfect den for relaxing on a warm Southern California day. Our HOT TUB seats eight; its fountain flows directly into the POOL, spacious enough to fit a houseful of people, yet at a family-friendly depth of only four feet. A charcoal grill is included on the pool deck.
The carpeted upstairs MASTER BEDROOM includes two balconies: one overlooking the living room, the other overlooking the backyard pool. The room includes a king bed with memory foam top, cushioned seat and ottoman (sleeps 1), two wardrobes, 40" flatscreen with DirecTV, DVD player, and the house's other gas fireplace. European-inspired artwork and rustic wooden walls keep intact all of the charm and romance you'd expect from this loft nest.
The MASTER BATHROOM continues the romance of the master bedroom with its lavish dark gray marble floor and shower. The full-sized bathtub, two sinks, walk-in closet, and vanity mirror complete the sumptuous bathing experience.
The WORKOUT ROOM, attached to the master bedroom, includes a treadmill, stationary bicycle, adjustable 20-pound free weights, yoga mat, and mounted 36" flatscreen television with DirecTV.
The softly-lit SECOND BEDROOM downstairs includes two queen beds--one with a memory foam mattress and pillows--along with a nightstand, shelving unit, closet, and large mirror. The closet stores a playard/pack 'n play, car seat, two high chairs, and Legos and Tinkertoys, without sacrificing the room's ample space for four.
The tiled DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM includes a glass-paned shower, hair dryer, and plenty of pool towels for your entire party.
The THIRD BEDROOM includes a queen bed, shelving unit, nightstand, and garment rack.
The GARAGE has room for two cars, and includes a modern washer and dryer with a remote-controlled garage door. The DRIVEWAY has room for one car.
The house also includes a thermostat for both heating and air conditioning, wireless high-speed Internet, and two telephones providing local service.
My property managers Jason and Amie will greet you upon check-in to grant you access, give you keys and a garage door opener, and provide you with an in-depth tour of the house.
Interaction with guests
My property managers Jason and Amie live 5 miles away in Hollywood. They can be reached via text or phone, and can come to the property with 30 minutes notice to attend to any urgent matters.
My company has offices in nearby Sherman Oaks, and my assistants are also available to attend to urgent matters. I live in Europe, and can be reached via phone or email.
Other things to note
For more about local shops and attractions, please click on the link to our Guidebook in the "About this listing" section.
Though we follow Airbnb's Strict cancellation policy, we do offer the option of rescheduling your reservation at no additional charge.
We try to be as accommodating as possible to all types of groups; so please message us if you have any additional questions or concerns. :)
Quiet hours at the property are Sunday-Thursday, 10PM - 7AM; and Friday-Saturday, 11PM - 7AM. Once these hours begin, please bring all outside activities indoors (including all activity in, by, or around the pool) and refrain from excessively loud music or noises that may permeate the walls of the house.
We live in the suburbs and share walls with the homes of several families, including a neighbor who lives in the guest house by the pool. We have ZERO TOLERANCE for violation of our quiet hours. Any noise complaint we receive is grounds for immediate eviction and a refund on the remaining nights on your reservation.
As many as two cars fit in the garage, and as many as one fit on the driveway. Please do not break anything in the garage or block the sidewalk in parking; the latter is subject to a ticket from the city. Per city rules, parking on our street is not allowed Monday-Friday 8AM - 6PM.
Additional parking is available in the lot behind the baseball field at South Weddington Park, just south of the property.
3) POOL OPERATION
Please turn off the pool heater and jets after usage. Leaving the heater on causes the pool's chlorine to dissipate much more rapidly, resulting in water that's murky, filmy, and unfit for swimming. Leaving on the jets can cause the pool and spa to drain completely overnight!
Any party that leaves the pool in a condition unsafe for swimming will be subject to a $100 post-stay fee.
Though smoking is allowed on the pool deck and front patio, it is NOT allowed at any time inside the house.
Any party leaving behind odors from smoking will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Pets are permitted to stay at the house; we only ask that you pick up after them. A dog bed in the lounge area is available for use.
Any party leaving behind odors or stains from pets or any other pet-related damage will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
Please find alternative methods of disposing your excess trash and recyclables if it exceeds the capacity of our black trash and blue recycling bins. Please do not dispose of trash or recycling in the green yard waste bin.
Any party leaving behind trash and/or recyclables that exceeds the capacity of our bins will be subject to post-stay fees not already included in the rental rate and cleaning fee.
No products containing glitter can be used on the property.
Any party leaving glitter on the property upon checking out will be subject to a $100 post-stay fee.
Check out is at 11AM. We need to begin cleaning and preparing the property immediately at 11AM so the property can be fully ready for our next guests’ arrival; please have your entire party checked out and off the property by this time so we can do this.
We are sometimes able to grant a later check-out time if such is requested in advance.
9) LAST NOTE
As long as our neighbors don't hear you, nothing is broken or damaged, and nothing illegal occurs on the property, you'll generally be OK. Have fun, relax, and make yourself at home. :) -- Amie, Jason, and Phil
I am an avid skier that still races FIS Alpine in Eastern Europe. During the summer months I spend time wake boarding and wake surfing at my Villa house on Lake Iskra near Samokov Bulgaria. As a film producer and owner of one of the largest movie studios in Bulgaria, I look forward to meeting people from around the world, either staying at my home in Studio City, CA., or at my properties in Bulgaria.