1 bedroom of 3 available. 1 bathroom. 2 blocks away from Union Square and all major subway lines. Bedroom has a full sized bed, heater, and air conditioner. Wifi included. No cable TV, but the XBox connects to Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go.
NOTE: The room is currently unfurnished besides a full sized mattress with comforter and pillows. I can throw in a desk and a chair to make it a little less sad-looking, but in general, don't be expecting the Ritz.
The apartment is in on the 4th floor of an old but well maintained walk-up building. My bedroom is spacious and includes an air conditioner; the kitchen is well stocked with cooking equipment, which you are welcome to use; the bathroom is small, but we do a good job of keeping it clean and hope you will do the same. The living room is pretty big (for Manhattan), and there's a large TV with an Xbox, Blu-ray player, and a giant selection of DVDs and Blu-rays (including six seasons of The Simpsons, the classic ones).
Mi casa es su casa.
Interaction with guests
I rent out this room when I am out of town, but I am very easy to reach via email and cell. And my two roommates will be around to help with any pressing issues, or to provide some friendly recommendations for places to check out in the neighborhood.
Other things to note
- Please provide your full name and occupation so I can verify your identities on Linkedin, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), etc.
- I'll provide soap, toothpaste and clean towels.
- Wifi is weak in my bedroom but strong everywhere else.
- There is an air conditioner in the living room, a radiator in the living room and another in my bedroom, as well as a portable heater that's extremely effective.
- In the winter, the radiator in the living room makes pinging noises once in a while. As long as you're not planning to sleep on the couch, it shouldn't bother you much.
- On our block, there are: two diners, two sushi restaurants, a takeout Chinese place, a takeout Mexican place, a pizza parlor, and an American restaurant. All of them are at least 'pretty good' and I swear that none of them stink up the apartment. There is also a grocery store across the street and a convenience store right downstairs. Though I don't recommend it, you could survive quite comfortably never leaving this block.
- Our landlord is extremely attentive and will usually arrive at the apartment within hours to deal with any problems (not that we have problems too often).
My name is Ayan. I work in the finance division of a film publicity firm, mostly cause I'm obsessed with films. But I swear, I'm relatively normal. I like traveling, running, reading and cooking. I'm very laid back, and always up for trying new things.