Tommy and I appreciate Dana's feedback. In the AirBnB culture, it is our goal to make each guest have the best experience in our home. I have addressed her comments.
1. Our home is located on a hill in the middle of the Virginia foothills. The road to the house is winding, narrow, and is not lit at night. There is information on our listing describing the gravel, unpaved driveway UP to the house and how to navigate it in wet and dry conditions. I have added more details and photos to address Dana's comments. A four wheel is NOT required to drive up the road.
2. Text and email messages, both direct and through AirBnB were made to Dana multiple times before her arrival. A family member lives in a home at the foot of the driveway up. She opened the home and was available to assist Dana. She did not respond to my text messages.
3. The car parked in front of the house was an unfortunate oversight as the car was disabled. It has been moved and secured since Dana's stay.
4. Dana entered the home through the wetroom entrance (we call it the White House). There is another main entrance that they chose not to enter by. I have added additional information regarding the entrance to use.
5. The porch is the highlight of the house. We chose not to enclose it to enjoy the open, gorgeous views. It seems Dana experienced a high bug episode. This is not an every day experience. Bug spray is available in the White House for guests to use.
6. Unfortunately, the Check List for FAMILY MEMBERS was left out instead of the AirBnB check list. Dana chose not to text/call me for clarification which could have been addressed immediately. She did not have to do any of the items she mentions in her review. She was reimbursed the $75 cleaning fee.
Please read ALL the information for our listing. It is a treasure of a home, yet it is NOT your typical drive. If you love quiet beauty with lots of bird watching, animal sightings, farm sounds, unusual insect life, reconnecting with our amazing planet, this is a special place to experience. Thank you ~