The Grace Escape is only a short walk to many of Whitby's amenities and
tourist attractions such as the Swing Bridge, the 199 steps leading up
to the Abbey, St. Mary's Church, many tearooms and boutique shops. It
retains lots of its original character and is well presented, with
quality fabrics and some original artwork. Built around 1863 to be home
to Whitby patriarch, Gideon Smales, the property has been refurbished
to provide all modern comforts and is now a spacious and comfortable
quality holiday retreat with beautiful harbour views.
* Size: Sleeps 4, 2 bedrooms.
* Nearest beach: Less than 0.5 a mile.
* Nearest amenities: Less than 0.1 a mile.
* Pets: One dog is welcome.
* Short breaks: Available at this property.
* Smoking: Not allowed at this property.
* Rooms: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 Cloakroom, 1 Lounge, 1
* Beds: 1 Double bed, 2 Single beds.
* Luxuries: TVs with Freeview and Amazon Prime TV, DVD player, DAB
radio, free unlimited WiFi. Mobile phone signal is strong.
* General: Instant heat electric heaters. Gas central heating not
available at present.
* Utilities: Fridge, freezer, 7 burner gas range cooker, coffee
machine, microwave, washer dryer
* Standard: Toaster, kettle, Iron Ironing board.
* Other: Bed linen and towels. Short breaks accepted out of high
season. From the patio a flight of 13 steps up into the kitchen/diner.
There is also a flight of 22 steps leading to the cottage from Church
Street. The entrance to the top bedroom from the landing has quite low
ceiling, you need to bend to go through and the staircase is very
A Good Housekeeping / damage deposit of £100 is due two weeks before
* Layout: The property is situated over 4 floors. Ground floor, first
floor, second floor and third floor
* Outdoors: Small front patio with patio furniture.
* Parking: On street parking on a first come first served basis or at
the public car park nearby.
* Mobility: Should there be any specific health or mobility
difficulties which may affect a party member, this must be pointed out
at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the
property can be assessed.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (up to £35 per pet per
week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after booking
Amenities: Cookware Kitchen Utensils, Washing Machine, double bed, TV, Kitchen, cooking hob, oven, freezer, sofa, separate entry, 2 x single bed, garden, Towels, Bed Linen, Ironing Board, Pets are welcome, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Wireless Internet, Free parking on the street;
Bathroom, 2 x Bedroom