Our Chalet is a bright and airy two-story chalet. Prepare a gourmet meal using our new stainless steel appliances, and after a long day of hiking, biking, and rafting, curl up on the sofa to experience 5.1 surround sound and high-definition TV. We don't charge a cleaning fee.
This vacation home is a bright and airy two-story chalet. The wrap-around deck opens to a fenced in yard–perfect for pets! The large back yard has a fire-ring and hammock and provides ample space for guests and pets to enjoy the beauty of the West Virginia foothills.
High-Speed Wi-Fi is now available. Surf the Internet on your laptop or on our desktop computer. We have High Definition Roku boxes on all TVs which streams the latest 10,000 movies and TV shows from Netflix, Showtime and Hulu Plus. We have added a Playstation 3 with two controllers. We have also upgraded the main living TV to a 55 inch LED HDTV with Roku (Netflix/Hulu Plus). We now have both drip coffee and a Keurig coffee maker for the coffee enthusiasts. Nearly all of the light bulbs have been replaced with LED bulbs.
Guest have access to the entire cabin and the 2.4 acres the property is on.
Other things to note
- The pellet stove is not available for guest usage. However, we have an electric Fireplace with realistic flames and heat.
- We have upgraded the red fabric sofa that is in the pictures to a brown leather sofa and added a leather recliner to provide additional comfort to our guests.
Below are free benefits for our guests:
- Normal check in is 4 p.m. and check out is 12 p.m.
- We provide guests with a 26 page Berkeley Springs information guide - this is an 'insider's guide' to where to shop, favorite restaurants and what to order, places to avoid, and “not to be missed” events and activities.
- The Airbnb rate includes 6% state tax and 4% lodging tax.
- There is no cleaning fee.
- Absolutely No Smoking allowed inside or outside the cabin. This includes on any part of our property.
- We accept up to two dogs. ($25 per pet fee)
We are available via email, text, and cell phone before and during your stay. No exchange of keys is necessary since we have an electronic door lock that uses a four digit code to get in and out of the property. We are here to help you with any assistance.
We are married and live in the D.C area. We love for you to be guests at our cabins.
On our first visit to Berkeley Springs, we were drawn to the character and charm that the town offers, and we soon found ourselves in the office of a local realtor ready to make an offer on a cabin near Cacapon State Park. The cabin had “good bones” but had been neglected by the previous owners. We spent the next year renovating “Retriever’s Retreat” (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1885157) and making it into our haven from our hectic schedules and pace of life in DC. Soon thereafter, we found another home in need of some TLC, and we quickly began work on “Jack Russell’s Ridge.” (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2142669). As pet lovers, we are pleased to be able to share our pet-friendly homes with your family, and we hope that your time in Berkeley Springs offers you a chance to enjoy the company of family and good friends.