This is the feedback we gave Carol
Unfortunately, our experience with Carol and her husband was extremely negative. We really love the AirBnB community and have hosted so many wonderful people and want be honest about our experience with Carol to help future hosts determine if Carol is a good fit for their space. As you can see from our reviews, we are superhosts and have worked hard to ensure all our guests are happy. Until now we had 100% 5-star reviews from all our guests. However, with Carol we felt like nothing we did was acceptable. Carol was generally difficult and didn't demonstrate the level of care and respect for the space that we have experienced with the rest of the AirBnB community. A few of our issues were:
1. Carol complained daily about the safety of the neighborhood, even though we honestly discussed it with them weeks before their arrival (exactly as we have done with other guests who ask). Because they expressed discomfort, we offered them a full refund if they wanted to find another place to stay. They didn't take us up on that offer and continued to complain about the neighborhood.
2. This is a little awkward to say, but Carol and her husband fought a lot, and their volume was such that we could hear them from the 2nd floor (they were in a private basement apartment). This was stressful for us and our other guests.
3. We have a parking pad that is available for guest use if prior arrangements are made. Carol didn't make prior arrangements, but called us in the middle of the work day, asking us to open up the gate for her because the street parking wasn't available due to construction. This wasn't true - the street signs clearly indicated the street parking was available. However because we seek to accommodate our guests in every way, my husband left a work meeting and rushed home to help paying for a $20 Cab ride. After showing them the signs that they could have parked on the street and asking why they hadn't made prior arrangements to use the parking pad, they still complained that the gate hadn't been opened. I mention this to reinforce the idea that Carol and her husband just seemed difficult to please even when we were going above and beyond.
4. Carol didn't follow any of the checkout procedures we sent the day before she left. Carol left the the space a mess. They left used dished in the sink, and a major stain on the rug in the bedroom.
5. Their dog Finn wined and barked constantly while they were gone during the day, disrupting our other guests, our neighbors, and us.
6. They took the two Metro Cards we leave for guests $20.
I hate having to write such a bad review, we tried everything to make Carol happy. We truly hope that is all helpful feedback and will serve other hosts in the future.