Malicious review and not at all surprising!! You will always get guests who want everything for nothing! I’m very displeased with the put downs that this guest has provided in her review. So In this case I would like to state that the customer is not always right!
This guest highlighted some points which I would like to justify so other guests are not fed a bunch of malicious lies..
1) no amenities (towels, soap, toilet roll etc) which were in fact provided and are left in each bedroom, these being a towel and a hand towel...2x toilet rolls are left in the dispenser and on the shelf in the bathroom, along with mini soaps (unused)....shocked at this accusation!
2) bedroom doors not shutting? On checking these, they seem to work fine and close properly just how doors should when they are fitted...
3) safety regulations- we always show guests around on arrival and ensure that they are aware of the fire extinguisher, fire blanket and first aid kit locations...there is a perfectly ample sized patio door which may be used as a fire exit, as well as an actual fire window in the back bedroom....I’m confused as to when and why you would be told to ‘jump out of the window’?
4) handsoap previously used? Each soap bar item is disposed after each guest checks out so I’m struggling to understand why this guest received a used one....especially as the apartment is checked before each guest checks in.
5) disruption of other guests....yes we have another listing which neighbours this apartment, which don’t usually cause any issues...however I would like to point out that I personally occupy the apartment above the neighbouring listing and I didn’t hear any loud disruptive noises. I for one would be the first to ask the neighbouring guests to quieten down.
6) mattresses being too small- with a double bed and double mattress in one room and a king sized bed and mattress in the other I’m now wondering what size bed this guest was expecting. The beds were as described and with memory foam mattresses at that too!!!
7) outdoor security light disruption- for the safety of guests this couldn’t be (Website hidden by Airbnb) 3am, were these guests asleep or on neighbourhood watch?
8) good communication- as with all guests, I ensure that they receive a good experience. I have to admit that if this guest had ALL these issues then it would have been better to communicate and let me know that they were having such an awful experience. However I did not receive any sign of communication...texts or calls!
I have to say that I feel that this is just a malicious rant. I can’t understand why people can’t just enjoy a short stay and feel that they need to cause unnecessary issues for hosts, especially when other guests have stayed in the near past and totally enjoyed the experience...