Beautiful 200m2 interior designed townhouse close to Holland Park. Great location next to shops, restaurants, 4 Tube stations. Spacious 4 floors, high ceilings, large bedrooms, huge modern bathrooms, eat-in kitchen, terrace with a view.
Located in a beautiful south facing Victorian building, our very bright and spacious townhouse offers high ceilings, fresh stylish décor and lovely unobstructed views from all windows. The house has been recently rebuilt, equipped with Smart Home Technology and tastefully redecorated.
On a quiet residential street, within minutes’ walk to Hyde Park, 4 Underground/Tube stations (District, Circle, Piccadilly, Central, Metropolitan & City lines), 10min by taxi or 15-30min by bus to Knightsbridge, Piccadilly, Mayfair, Covent Garden or Trafalgar Square – for museums, theatres, famous shopping streets, department stores, and much more.
• 2 spacious traditional bedrooms (the 2nd floor master bedroom and the 3rd floor guest bedroom);
• 1 further bedroom / child's room (on the 3rd floor) with a large cotbed, a foldable small cotbed, and a single bed which can be also used by 2 adults if unfolded into a UK Queen size bed;
• a loft-style family room/TV room that can be used as a 4th bedroom on the 4th floor, with a new foldable King size futon-bed;
• 2 large bathrooms with big windows and under-floor heating: 1 with a bathtub and a spacious freestanding shower, the other with shower over bath;
• Voluminous reception with a dining area and a balcony along the facade;
• Eat-in, fully equipped kitchen;
• Separate guest toilet / cloakroom / laundry room, on the first landing as you walk in;
• Fully-equipped kitchenette in the 4th floor loft/family room/bedroom, with a fridge/freezer, stove, extractor, oven/grill, sink, dishwasher and a bar area; and
• Large decked terrace on the 4th floor, outside the lost/family room, with a wooden table and chairs and an outdoor heater - to lunch, dine, sip a drink and admire the traditional skyline of Edwardian and Victorian London. Simply glorious on a sunny day or in the evening!
The house also features:
- Excellent modern dimmer lighting,
- underfloor heating,
- hot towel rails,
- 2 WiFi networks,
- Apple TV, Smart TV, DVD players, iMac and HP Printer,
- medium firm pocket-spring and memory foam mattresses,
- new sets of thick-pile luxurious towels,
- thick 100% cotton Frette bathrobes,
- organic spa toiletries (shampoo, shower gel, bath soak, bath salts, soap, hand-wash),
- 300 thread count 100% organic cotton sheets,
- 100% pure linen bedsheets/bed linen sets (on request - it is a question of taste and personal preference),
- 100% pure linen & cotton, cashmere, or mohair bed-throws,
- ample wardrobe space,
- hotel quality, foldable suitcase racks (for up to 30kg each),
- Nespresso coffee maker,
- international adapters.
and all the facilities of a private home (fully equipped kitchen, books, DVDs, Classical music CD collection, iron & ironing board, etc.)
All windows and balcony doors are double glazed along the facade for warmth and tranquility. The sophisticated modern heating and lighting systems make it cozy and warm even on a rainy day.
The house offers 200 sq. m. of space, arranged over four floors, with well-proportioned rooms and staircases. Light permeates through the house from its large sash windows on all sides and landings – a unique feature, rare for London flats and houses.
The upper floor, with an open plan summer kitchenette and a large south facing decked terrace, is absolutely unique. You can enjoy lunching, dining or sipping cocktails on the terrace with the view over the marvelous Edwardian Baroque style Blythe House (housing the Victoria & Albert museum's archives), or simply lounging around and watching Apple TV in the room.
Perfect for families, couples or singles alike. Ideal for up to five adults with kids.
Your will have the whole place to yourselves; we simply locked a couple of closets to store our things.
We might retain the use of one freezer drawer for our frozen food. The rest of the freezer, and all of the fridge, will be yours to use.
As we do use the house ourselves from time to time, the kitchen cupboards will contain our dry/canned foodstuffs.
The top floor mini-fridge/freezer is for your use, and you are welcome to have all the beers occasionally kept in it.
Our kitchen is equipped with everything that a cook might need. You can set up a proper dinner table, with beautiful table linen, plates, cutlery and glasses.
We also provide top of the range children’s furniture and necessities if you are traveling with babies or toddlers. (Please see "Other Things to Note" below for details.)
Interaction with guests
We speak English, Italian, Russian, French and some Spanish.
We have a trustworthy reliable cleaning lady and a nanny on the ground to handle the check-ins and check-outs, whom you can also hire on hourly basis during your stay.
Once you've booked, we will email you a comprehensive "how to" House Manual with guidance on how things work inside the house. You can also contact us by phone, text, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), or email if you have questions or need assistance.
Other things to note
One guest found our bathroom tub/shower tap switch a bit "over-engineered". However, most people should be able to figure it out, but if you don't - please do not hesitate to ask and we will gladly guide you through it.
We are child-friendly and can offer the best for your child’s/children’s needs:
• A large solid Australian hardwood Boori Sleigh Cotbed for a child of 0 to 5 years of age, with a brand-new Boori Twist organic coconut fiber, natural latex and natural sheep fleece wool mattress, with cotton cover – chemical free, ideal for child’s back support, breathable, anti-allergy, with good body temperature and moisture control;
• Solid foldable wooden Bloom Alma Cot/Crib suitable for a child from birth up to 9 months of age, with a new 100% organic coconut fiber mattress – ideal for infants;
• Infants’ memory foam pillows, and back and neck support cot or bassinet inserts;
• A bespoke designer rocking/nursing Olli Ella Mo-Ma Glider chair, with an On-It Ottoman foot stool, and nursing cushions;
• Organic soft cotton bed sheets for the cots/crib, play-mats;
• Foldable plastic bath and baby bath support – for sitting or lying down – suitable to be put inside the large bathtubs for small babies;
• Bouncy chair (for babies before they can crawl);
• Adjustable height Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair with a harness; and
• Baby Snug feeding/playing seat with a tray, designed to prop up and keep your child safe during playing or feeding before he/she can sit up on his own in a highchair.
We have, or can advise on quickly obtaining, some other baby and toddler necessities. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please note that we have no child guardrails or gates on the stairs or landings. If you are booking for longer periods and would need any such, please let us know.
We rely on your courtesy and hope that we can entrust our place to you to enjoy and treat with care and respect. The most important house rules are:
• No shoes in the house please. Please leave the shoes either in the hallway on the ground level in the shoe cabinet, or in the cloakroom / laundry room / guest toilet on the first landing as you come in.
• Please do not walk through the house from floor to floor drink in hand, especially red wine, coffee or tea; it leaves very nasty stains on the newly-laid white high-quality carpeting! There is a fully equipped kitchenette for food and drink making on the top floor, if you wish to enjoy the terrace. Please do not carry food or drinks from the main 1st floor kitchen up the stairs. Thank you.
• Do NOT attempt to use the fireplace - it is not a functioning fireplace, it is illegal to have logwood fire in London.
• Please do not touch the security alarm.
• Sorry but no party groups, students on weekend breaks, hen or stag dos (bachelor/bachelorette parties).
• The house is best suited for up to a maximum of five adults + 2-3 children. Please let us know if you are planning to have additional guests, whom we can accommodate for an additional small charge. We can only accept up to an absolute maximum of seven adults per booking (3 couples plus one single person, to have enough sleeping places).
• Our policy is strictly no smoking indoors. There is a terrace and a balcony if you are a smoker, but we would kindly request you not to drop any cigarette butts around, on or off the terrace/balcony.
• No pets please.
• Please leave the rubbish (trash) out on the street on Monday night for collection by the council; the plastic bags are provided in the house.
• Always lock all door locks, including the lock of the front door into the building.
• Please always lock the 1st floor balcony and the 4th floor terrace doors from within. Do NOT leave the keys in the locks on the inside. Take the keys out of the locks after locking the doors and leave the keys on a table near-by. The 1st floor balcony door must be locked with 3 locks (1 in the middle, and 2 at the top and bottom).
• We recommend not touching the small round inner middle lock latch button from inside the townhouse, or you may lock yourself out once you exit and not be able to unlock the middle lock from the hallway anymore.
We are an international professional couple, both lawyers: my husband Alex is a senior corporate lawyer and I specialise in art law. We share a passion for all things aesthetic and love unostentatious beauty.
We love to travel and read; love theatre and the arts. I paint, and we decorated the house with our family’s paintings as well as some items that we picked up on our trips. You will find an eclectic mixture of books on our library shelves, a selection of DVDs, and we are also planning to install Apple TV in August 2014.
We love good food, good wine and dinner parties. You will find that our kitchen is equipped with and full of everything that a cook might need. You can set up a proper dinner table, with table linen, plates, cutlery and glasses.
Alex’s particular obsession, for want of a better word, is collecting Cuban cigars. (Do not worry: you won’t detect a whiff of tobacco in the house! We have a terrace and a balcony for that.) As a result, our home is full of humidors of all sizes, passing for regular pieces of furniture and cabinets.
We are both a mix of Northern and Eastern European, Italian and American backgrounds and have friends all over the world. I guess that is what turned us into typical contemporary Londoners. To us, London, with its eclectic neighbourhoods and charming streets, the contrast of deeply rooted traditions and modern open-mindedness and tolerance, rainy days and glorious sunshine, is the most worldly, vibrant city and The Capital of the world. This is what made it our home.
Social life in London is very exciting, as you can bump into people from all walks of life on any given day. But equally, you can also make "your London" as small, quiet and as villagey as you like.
If you come stay in our edge-of-Kensington-and-Holland-Park townhouse, you will see it all for yourself!