Temporary rent in the lower part of Santa Teresa, next to Glória and Lapa, the Bohemian district of Rio, with downtown only a few minutes away as well as the nearby Flamengo Beach and the subway that brings you to Copacabana within 15 minutes.
In spite of its central location, the newly refurbished apartment is very calm, bright and with a lot of green and nature in front of its windows. It consists of a living-room with cable TV and internet access (Wi-Fi), a bedroom for up to 4 persons, a fully functional kitchen with a service area that also serves as breakfast or social area, and a bathroom. The building provides a 24/7 doorman service, and the porters are all very kind and helpful.
It is a perfect place for a single, a couple or a family with kids, or for up to 4 friends. Note that the beds are all in one room, so it might not suit two couples (or any combination of a couple with other individuals), unless they are very close friends.
Interaction with guests
We live next to the apartment's building, and our working facility in Lapa is only 5 minutes away, so we can assist and support our guests easily and fast, if necessary.
- You will be welcomed in a clean apartment, everything prepared for you to have a pleasant stay, so we expect that you will leave it preferably in the same conditions. If there are any troubles, please contact us as soon as possible, so we can sort things out, if necessary.
- When you are going out, please ALWAYS close all windows (at least to a small gap), switch off the TV and all lights.
- No drugs at all please! Not only would you put yourself at risk, but also our reputation and legal status. If there are complaints or legal troubles caused by the use of drugs in our apartment, you'd have to leave immediately without any refund.
- No prostitutes. Prostitution is officially prohibited by law and could cause serious troubles not only for you but for us as well.
- No hosting of other people other than the official guests. We don't prohibit visits from other people, for instance for lunch, but as long as they are not good personal friends of yours, be aware, who these people are, and if you got to know them somewhere in the streets or at a bar or restaurant, and therefore don't know much or anything about them, we strongly advise you to NOT let them in!
- As the apartment is located in a residential building, you have to follow the official rules like no loud noise or music after 10pm, and appropriate clothing at common places like staircase, elevator and entrance hall.
- At check-in, you'll receive one key for the apartment, please do not insist to get more. The receiver of the key will sign a paper that he or she will be responsible. In case of lost, the guest has to bear the costs for a locksmith and repair.
- It is officially prohibited for tourists to work in Brazil. That said, we do not care what you'll do during your stay, as long as it doesn't affect the aforementioned rules. But in no way are you allowed to use the apartment as your official business address here in Brazil.
- Concerning refunds: if you find that our offer didn't meet your expectations or needs, we are open to discussion, if reasonable. But we will not offer any refunds for inconveniences caused by external circumstances like power failure caused by heavy thunderstorm, or a dead internet connection due to service operations or malfunctions by the provider that we can not influence. In any case, we would prefer a dialogue to find a solution for any defect that could mess up your stay in our apartment.
I am a composer, music producer and audio editor for film, TV and media, operating on an international level from my own production company in Rio de Janeiro that I run together with my wife Penha Maria. I've studied classical guitar, music theory, composition and instrumental education at the University for Music and Performing Art in Vienna, Austria, where I was born and started my career as composer and musician.
For about ten years I live in Rio de Janeiro. As my wife is 100% Carioca, you can be assured that we can provide our guests with valuable local information and tips. Also, we live next to the apartment's building, and our working facility in Lapa is only 5 minutes away, so we can assist and support our guests easily and fast, if necessary.
It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you as our guest(s)!