About this listing
3 bed room, 1 bath vacation home across the street from Wilson River. Bring your own horse, set up for 5 horses. Home is well appointed with high quality bedding and comfort is my first priority.
3 bed room, 1 bath vacation home across the street from Wilson River.
Bring your own horse, set up for 5 horses.
Experience the Tillamook County coastline like never before–on horseback. Gaze at wildlife and take in the scenic ocean views, all while trotting or better yet, galloping along the beach. You can bring your own horse to Galloping Get Away! Beaches close by allow for buggy access to drive your horse as well. Unlimited trails too, including equestrian only trails.
Perfect for all outdoor activity and very close to beaches (10 miles), mountain trails, waterfalls, ATV trails, abundant fishing with boat launch .3 miles from home. Home is 7 miles East of Tillamook Oregon. If you don't have a horse you will enjoy your self just as much.
Home is well appointed with high quality bedding and comfort is my first priority. All sheets are at least 600 thread count. Master bed room (1st level) has one new queen bed (firm) with Marcia Baldwin art. Second bedroom, (first level) has 2 high quality twin beds with art focus on racing legend Seattle Slew and his great grandson, Whiskey Slew (my horse). Upstairs there is an adorable loft room with plush King bed and a twin 6" memory foam mattress that rolls out for additional guest. Upstairs also has a love-seat and small TV (no cable) with DVD player. Full kitchen will meet all your needs for 2 nights or 2 weeks. Small bar in kitchen, seats 3 and table that seats four in the front room. Mud room/Laundry room with washer and dryer. With comfort in mind, there are pillows for everyone: memory foam, down, down alternative or plain poly filled. When it gets dark and you are forced to come inside from the great outdoor recreation, there is a flat screen TV with Roku (Netflix/Hulu to play movies/Tv off the internet) and DVD player, Wi-Fi, games, phone with free long distance and books. House was remodeled in 2011/2012. House is 7 miles to Tillamook, on Hwy 6. Hwy 6 can be busy but is quiet at night.
Wilson River: Stretching an impressive forty-three river miles from its headwaters, the Wilson River is a landmark waterway flowing into Tillamook County. In addition to popular Chinook and Steelhead runs, this river system also boasts several large tributaries and ample recreational access for boaters, off-road-vehicles, and hikers. The Wilson is a gateway for the Tillamook Forest and beckons travelers along Highway 6 to stop and explore.
Art galleries and dining within a 1/2 mile. At night you can listen to the creek and river while watching the elk cross the yard as they come down to drink.
Wilson River Fishing The Wilson River is one of Oregon's most popular rivers for fishing. It sports great runs of chinook salmon (both spring and fall run salmon), chum salmon and some coho salmon. The coho and chum salmon are currently only open to catch and release fishing but the spring and fall run chinook salmon are present in high enough numbers to support consumptive fishing.
Wilson River Fishing
The Wilson River parallels Oregon's Highway 6 from the top of the Oregon Coast Range to the city of Tillamook where the Wilson enters Tillamook Bay. All along the river is great bank access for Wilson River fishing and watching salmon spawn during their migration periods. Peak times for salmon are April - June for spring run chinook and October - December for fall run chinook, chum and coho.
For the famed run of winter steelhead, December - January for the hatchery run fish which are catch and keep and January - April for some broodstock steelhead (catch and keep) but mostly wild fish ranging upwards of 20 pounds! Video on the Wilson River fishing: (URL HIDDEN)
For the horses:
There are 5 paddocks, made from portable metal panels. Four of which are right next to each other; three are 12x12 and one slightly larger and then the 5th paddock is off on its own and is much larger. Hot fence surrounds the paddocks for added security. Property is not otherwise fenced. There is a small manure cart, manure fork and 2 large water buckets; the rest of the supplies are to be brought by horse owners. There is no cover so bring your rain sheets. There is an outside light by the paddocks as well.
You must haul to beach/trails. Closest trails are about ½ mile and beach 10-12 miles.
Ample car/truck parking and parking for small boat trailers. With larger trailers, I would think parking would be limited to two trucks with horse trailers; No street parking.
For the horse onwers: This you could be you! My daughter age 7 riding in the surf: (URL HIDDEN)
I will email check-in instructions about a week prior to your stay. Lock box with Key onsite.
Horse fee of $10.00 per night per horse.Contact to be signed before staying. no Cats. Dogs are to be kept off all furniture. Dogs are not to be left in home if guest is not home unless crated.
Interaction with guests
I do not live on site, you have the house to your self. Call/email/text if you have questions.
Other things to note
If you will have horses: Horse contract must be signed but ALL adults that will be staying in home in order to reserve dates.
Contact to be signed before staying. no Cats. Dogs are to be kept off all furniture. Dogs are not to be left in home if guest is not home unless crated.
Pet Addendum to Rental Agreement for Galloping Get Away.
It is hereby agreed by and between Sally Brown/Shawn Blackshear and Guest, that homeowner will allow guest to have the following described pet and no others in the vacation home upon and subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and this addendum. Tenant has been granted permission by Owner to keep the pet specified under the following terms & conditions below.The permission granted herein shall be limited to a certain pet as described below:Breed: ___________________ Name: ___________________Color: ________________________ Weight: _______________________Age:__________________ Sex: __________________
Breed: ___________________ Name: ___________________Color: ________________________ Weight: _______________________Age:__________________ Sex: __________________
Guest to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $25.00per stay.
Tenant understands that pets are not allowed to be unattended unless crated. Pet owner is advised to bring crate; there are a couple dog towels at the home as well as some dog bedding. There is also a 4’ high and 4’ wide and 8’ long dog kennel on the grass which may be used. Owner still must supervisor pet if used and is liable to any damage to kennel or the grass/yard. Pet supplies are located in black bin in laundry room.
Any damages and additional cleaning fees needed above and beyond the cleaning fee & security deposit is the sole responsibility of the Tenant.
3. Tenant shall treat the pet(s), prior to arrival with a topical flea/tick prevention medication.
4. The pet will at all times be under the complete control of a Tenant. Owner shall be held harmless for loss of pet for any reason. All pets must be leashed at all times.
5. All animal waste will be properly disposed of. Dog feces shall be scooped and removed from all immediate areas surrounding the house. There are some blue poop bags in kitchen drawer on the far left.
6. Pets are not allowed on any beds or furniture in the home. They are to be kept off bedroom carpet as well. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Bed spreads/pillow shams in the lower bed rooms are hundreds of dollars to replace. Any needed cleaning due to pets will be done professionally at tenets cost.
7. Any damage to the exterior or interior of the premises, grounds, wood flooring, walls, trim, finish, tiles, carpeting, furnishings, or any stains, etc., caused by the pet will be the full financial responsibility of the Tenant. Tenant agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If because of any such stains, etc., said damage is such that it cannot be removed, then Tenant hereby agrees to pay the full expense of replacement.
8. Tenant will prevent pets from engaging in behaviors or creating excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors such as excessive barking.
9. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property. Tenant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Owner against all loss, liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by the Tenant’s pet(s).
10. a. Must be at least 1 year of age or older.b. Must be spayed or neutered.c. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations.
d. Must have no history of biting humans or fighting with other dogs.
Accepted and Agreed to By:
Tenant: _________________________________________ Date: __________________
Rental contract for Galloping Get-A-Way
Payment summary: Deposit Payment of $150 is required immediately to confirm your reservation. Failure to pay on time will result in automatic cancellation of reservation and may include forfeit of all monies paid to date.
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Sally Brown/Shawn Blackshear and Guest as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at: Wilson River Hwy, Tillamook OregonThe property is furnished and includes 2 twin beds, 1 king bed, and 1 queen bed, baby crib, all beds have linens and extra blankets, 2 twin fold out beds; laundry room with washer/dryer, full kitchen, 1 bath with towels3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 persons. The Guest agrees not to exceed the occupancy allowed by this property as described in this Rental Agreement (baby in crib is not included). If guest is found to go over Maximum Occupancy, or more guest than in contract, an additional charge or $50 per person per night for additional guest(s) will be charged and will retained from deposit. Galloping Get-A-Way does not rent to minors.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 4:00 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 11:00 a.m. on the “Checkout Date”.
Early check in or late checkout is not allowed unless prior written permission of owner is given. 6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.7. Access: Guest shall allow homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Even the best or newest equipment occasionally malfunctions and cannot be guaranteed 100% of the time. Problems are corrected as soon as humanly possible. Agent, Owner or an authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during business hours for any purpose connected with the repair, care or maintenance of the premises. Refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment or other Guest dissatisfaction.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Deposit: A deposit of $_150.00____ is due at booking.
Deposits shall be paid with check. The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 15 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; garbage left at or in the property, oriii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
Damages include accidental breakage or damages to the property in excess of "normal wear and tear" which is deemed to be a maximum of $10.00 USD. Any damages in excess of this amount will be deducted from the security deposit. Guest agrees to surrender property in the same condition as at commencement of the rental period. In cases of abuse and malicious damage to rental property in excess of the security deposit, Guest will reimburse Agent and/or Owner the amount of all damage including excessive housekeeping expenses and reasonable attorney's fees.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the following fees shall be due within 15 days of the Check-in Date.
9. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are effective on the date written notice is received by fax or e-mail to the Owner or Owner's authorized agent (not the day sent). The following assessments will apply:
More than 30 days prior to arrival $50.00 administrative fee will be charged, the remaining rental fees will be refunded.
Less than 30 days but more that 15 days prior to arrival 50% of rent is retained by owner/agent and 50% is refunded to guest.
15 days and less 100% of rent is retained by owner/agent.
NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY CHECK-OUTS OR NO SHOWS: Guest agrees that once they have checked in to the property, no refund will be made for early check-outs. If Guest does not cancel the reservation and does not arrive for the Guest's rental period, all monies paid will be forfeited.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. 11. Payments: Acceptable payment methods are personal check or credit card.
Contract and check can be mailed or guest pay online with (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) reservations. Checks or online e-check are free of charge. If guest pays by credit card a 2.5% fee will be taken out of deposit. If deposit is paid by credit card, the 2.5% fee will not be charged as long as there is no damage to the property.
The parties have read and agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, addendum A and pet addendum as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Understood and Agreed:
Guest name (printed):
Guest’s signature: _____________________________________Date:_____________
Owner signature: _____________________________________Date:_____________
Guest Phone Number: ________________________________________
Guest Mailing Address:
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View other reviews