A utopic setting for 1 or 2 people. Large light-filled room (13'x15') with adjoining deck & a million dollar view of Lake Champlain & the Adirondacks. Only the Wifi keeps you connected to reality. Enjoy a premium queen size bed, luxury linens & private bathroom. Complimentary espresso, tea, bottled water, essential utensils & compact refrigerator provided in-room. Settle back on the deck chairs or hammock. Easy walk to downtown Church St., Waterfront Park, & the bike path. Amble street parking.
Large sun filled room with adjoining semi-private deck offering outstanding views of Lake Champlain & The Adirondacks. Firm queen size bed with premium quality sheets & blankets (cotton, down & fleece depending on the season). Your bathroom is private (no one else uses it) but is not "ensuite." The bathroom is located one step outside your bedroom door. Provisions include towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner & blow dryer. There is also 2 beach towels & a yoga mat. There is FAST Internet. No TV but the Internet is fast enough to stream. The room has a compact refrigerator, complimentary bottled water, wine & beer glasses, a knife, corkscrew & cutting board. There is a "Nepresso" machine in the room so you can enjoy an espresso anytime in addition to an assortment of teas. I do not serve breakfast but there are excellent eateries close by. Bicycles can be stored in our garage. Free street parking is available in immediate proximity.
Re. LOCATION: You will be located on Lakeview Terrace which is considered the "gem" of the Old North End of Burlington. It is a 20 minute walk (stroll) to downtown Church St. You are a 5 minute walk to Waterfront Park and the bike path. It is 30 min. walk along the bike path to the public beach (you can drive to the beach in 5 minutes).
JULIE'S GUIDE TO BURLINGTON: Guests receive (via email) my self-made "Guide to Burlington." This comprehensive guide offers you my personal recommendations to Burlington's best eateries (from cheep eats to fine dining), craft shops, farmer's markets, breweries, tourist sites & recreational activities (beaches, trails, parks etc.). Guests LOVE this Guide!
FOR THE SAKE OF ACCURACY:
1. Our guest room is on the second floor so be able to walk a flight of stairs.
2. Your bathroom IS PRIVATE but NOT ENSUITE. You must be ok with taking one step outside your bedroom door to enter your bathroom. I provide bathrobes.
3. I offer coffee/ tea and bottled water. But I but I do not serve breakfast. There are very nice coffee shops and eateries close by.
4. The deck is a semi-private and is shared with the owners. It's a big deck and guests have their own area but periodically, you may see the owners on the deck.
5. This listing includes, your bedroom, bathroom and deck. After that, it's the front door. There are no common areas available in the house.
6. This listing provides a lot of privacy but it is a SHARED SPACE. You may overhear a dinner conversation, or smell the BBQ, or hear someone walking in a hallway. It's all small stuff but be sure that you are comfortable with it. If you are – you'll love the place!
7. It's a 20 minute walk to downtown Church St. Be sure that you are ok with that location.
8. Our street is one of the most valuable parcels of real estate in Burlington. The neighborhood can be loosely described as transitional (but absolutely safe). You should be comfortable with seeing immigrants.
Thanks for reading.
Guests have access to their bedroom & bathroom & deck. The deck is semi-private (shared with the owners). Guests have their own sitting area which includes a hammock (see photos). In the warmer months, the deck is an amazing place to relax. In the winter, the deck furniture is removed but it's still a nice place to soak up the view. The first floor living is reserved for the owners. The room will be spotless upon your arrival but there is no housekeeping during your stay. Guests use street parking but can use the driveway for loading/ unloading baggage. In winter, off street parking provided when the streets are plowed.
Interaction with guests
This is a "help-yourself" house and is best suited for self-sufficient travelers. I'm home 90% of the time and happy to assist you in any way I can. I'm also comfortable with guests that simply want a place to stay without much interaction.
Official check-in time starts at 3pm, late check in is allowed. Check-out time is 11:00 am. I am flexible with arrival and departure times.
Other things to note
I have a friendly indoor-outdoor cat named Clyde. Sorry, I cannot accept guests with cat allergies.
Sorry, no babies permitted.
This host has 136 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Working professional, easy going and very accommodating. I run a "help yourself house." I'm happy to help you seek out local restaurants, specialty stores and tourist sites. My intent is to offer a simple, comfortable and clean accommodation at a reasonable price. I'm seeking guests who want comfort, convenience and a unique setting but do not require a lot of personal attention. Thanks for reading.