The Prescott Room is a subtle Mission inspired room with stained glass and charm. It is located on the main floor next to the shared bathroom with a cozy vibe, queen bed, and northern light with all the comforts for 2, AC (summer), TV/Roku. Having the rest of the house to enjoy makes this a perfect getaway! The shared bathroom is mere feet away; there are a couple of other Airbnb guest rooms in the house.
House Agreements (Please print with your confirmation information)
* Relax and respect, enjoy comfort to cleanliness, and think of our home as a wonderful hideaway that you would love to tell friends about.
* No parking in driveway please. The right side driveway is for unloading only; please don't park or stop in the neighbor's drive to the left.
* No shoes upstairs ... refinished floors. =)
* Please drink alcohol responsibly both at the house and in our beautiful city! With safe street parking here at the house you can take transit to most everything. Uber, Lyft, taxi, etc. are great choices!
* Smoking is allowed outside with a covered and heated back porch. I am a smoker. Marijuana is legal in Oregon and fine to smoke outside.
* Do not feed our dogs human foods or treats. They are on a specific diet.
* Please confirm when booking if traveling with a child under 8 yrs old.
* Please confirm before booking if bringing a pet! Pets are wonderful and welcome when I know they're coming! Pets must remain with their owners and not left alone in guest rooms unless crated. You know your pets and whether they get along with other dogs, are quiet when left alone, and are house broken. Guests must pick up after their pets when in the yard. All male dogs must be neutered.
This host has 461 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Gary and Shawn here... a very friendly, easy going, and welcoming couple who truly love the Airbnb experience both as travelers and especially hosting guests from around the world. We've been hosts since November of 2013 and have opened our front door to over 1000 guests. With four charming and unique guest rooms, our goal has always been to provide a comfortable, special, and inviting place to call "home" when visiting our beautiful and vibrant city. Our guests are welcome to enjoy a movie in front of a fire in the living room, have a candlelit dinner in the dining room, cook up a tasty meal in the kitchen, and enjoy relaxing in the hot tub surrounded by fountains, flowers, greenery, and serenity.
We're really just renaissance men. Gary has worked as a school teacher, behavioral health therapist, small business owner, gardener, building/thinker/crafter, and most passionately as an actor for 30 years. Shawn spent many years working in various medical fields, primarily as a phlebotomist (you might have to look that one up). He is also the father of 3 wonderful boys, young men to be specific.
We really enjoy meeting new people from every continent and from cities all across the US. Local theatre, music, restaurants, getting outdoors, gardening, movies, karaoke are all a part of our lives . We also love a good road trip, traveling, any scenic water destination (ocean, river, lake, stream, or pool!), enjoying a sunny hike, diggin' in our garden... but we clean up quite well and could be found in a suit & tie, or maybe even a tux.
Our home is our castle! We share it with our adorable two pups, SeeBee & Mannie; they're really our kids. Gary and Shawn are also caregivers for Gary's father who spent a decade on the streets of Santa Cruz County until 7 years of searching led Gary to him. Gary Sr. is a quiet, but funny, and extremely kind man enjoying and grateful for his 2nd chance at life.
We take extreme pride in our simple home (Gary has been here 20 years)) and we welcome everyone who visits with a "make yourself at home, relax & enjoy," invitation as well as a big smile. Happy to give suggestions of things to do and see, let guests explore on their own, and even get suggestions from our guests about "what's new" that we haven't even seen ourselves.
We are both very genuine, caring, respectful, FUNNY, corny, and classy gentlemen with a goofy, unpredictable and even mildly devilish side.
YOU are welcome anytime!
A simple motto ... "the only way to true happiness & freedom is doing the right thing not because you have to but because you want to!"