This is a lovely three bedroom cabin in a 10 hectare property located 5 minutes away from the small town of Temascaltepec and about a half hour drive from Valle de Bravo, a town well known for its sailing, paragliding, and enduro motorcycle scene!
The 200 square meter cabin is located in a beautiful natural valley and bordered by a small river that provides a natural oasis in the mountains of Estado de Mexico. The cabin has a 25 meter swimming lane that uses running fresh spring water obtained within the property. The property is a 15 minute drive to the states' largest paragliding and hang gliding take off ramp, where people fly year round, even during rain season, as it rarely rains all day. It's kind of perfect if you like paragliding and want to bring the family along as they can wait by the on-site pool while you enjoy the great gliding scene. Top ten sites in the world, some have said.
The cabin will comfortably fit up to eight (8) people distributed across three double beds and two single beds. There are two full bathrooms. There is also the constant delightful sound of the river.
- A master bedroom with a master bathroom
- Two other bedrooms, one with one double bed, and the other one with two double beds
- One guest full bathroom
- One full kitchen with a stove, oven and fridge
- Pantry with spices and serving trays and plates and glassware
- Laundry room with a washing machine
- Cookware, pots, pans, toaster oven, coffee maker, cutlery and chopping boards
- Parking for up to 5 cars
- A fireplace for those chilly evenings, even though it usually stays warm inside the cabin
- Outdoor BBQ grill with utensils, a water tap and counter space to work on
- One large terrace with swimming pool access
- Canopy and outdoor seating to dine out in the terrace
- 25 meter swimming lane running fresh spring water
- River view
- Front lawn with a beautiful water mirror
- A few walking paths around the property for exploration of the 10 hectare compounds
Interaction with guests
We typically meet our guests, but we have our jack-of-all-trades Mr. Gumesindo who will provide you the keys, a set of house rules and a few other amenities, such as a local cell phone, and, if requested, will arrange for you to have fresh food prepared during your stay and can even arrange for a taxi or any other request within reason.
If you have any difficulty that Gumesindo cannot assist with, the owner´s contact information is always at hand so our guests can call or write to us directly.
We are not present during your stay, that would ruin the getaway experience! We do ask that you treat the cabin and all of the furnishings as if they were your own and care for them accordingly.
Other things to note
The cleaning fee is per visit (one).
The cooking service will be provided and charged by the local cook who has an agreed-upon fee of $250 MXN for a 6 hour shift during which she will cook, and clean the kitchen and the dishes after the meal.
Please consider the following:
- Check in is from 11 am to 4 pm
- Check out is before 4 pm, as well
- You can use anything in the house with the condition of leaving it in the same or better condition as you found it
- You can eat or drink anything in the house with the condition of replacing it before leaving
- Smoking is allowed, but not in the bedrooms
- Must keep food properly stored
- Must let Gumesindo know if anything breaks or is lost, so he may replace it before the next guest arrives
- Pets are welcome, just NO cats or rodents as the owner is allergic
- Make yourselves at home!