Beautiful rustic villa in one of the last unspoiled stretches of the Algarve coastline.
This cliff-top paradise is minutes walk from gloriously remote beaches that are practically private, a well-kept local secret.
Registered Short-Term Let Licence No.: 49331/AL.
*NOTE: Those interested in stays shorter than 7 nights over the May-September period, please get in touch to enquire about the options.
Quinta Albasol is ideal for those seeking refuge from a hectic lifestyle - be it summer or winter, we offer the ideal setting for you to relax and 'recharge' or simply to have a great time seaside with family and friends.
The villa boasts several ample living spaces as well as three ensuite bedrooms, two bedrooms with a shared bathroom, a very small bedroom with a bunk-bed (suitable for children) and a mezzanine level above the dining room, also with a bunk-bed. All main bedrooms have two single beds which can be pushed together or kept as twins. There are also several fold-out beds which can be placed in any of the rooms upon request and we have one baby cot (and one baby high-chair!). Overall the house can comfortably sleep 10-12 adults and 6-8 children and a baby, though we can offer solutions for bigger groups (please inquire).
Built in the 1960s, it's solid, thick walls keep the rooms cool in the summer and trap the heat inside in winter. The vaulted ceilings, archways, curved wooden doors and windows and the iconic Algarvian chimney stacks are beautiful (Arabic) architectural traits that make Quinta Albasol unique.
True to the history of the region and to its remote location, the house is rustic and not luxurious in the modern sense, which is part of its charm. The house is off the water-grid, so rain water is collected in a cistern and in the drier months, supplemented by water bought in from someone's well. While this water is fantastic for cooking, bathing and washing, we recommend you drink bottled water only (for coffee and tea brewing also!). Large 5-7 Litre water bottles can be found in most supermarkets. Open chimneys throughout the house provide "central heating" in the cooler months, which can be supplemented by portable electric radiators if need be. In winter the house feels very cosy and nothing beats the experience of sleeping with a flickering wood log fire in your bedroom.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT: Generally we do our best to offer flexible CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT times, however when we have a group checking out on the same day as a group checking in, we ask the group checking out for access to the house and bedrooms from 10am onwards. Guests are welcome to leave their bags in one of the communal spaces and to use the guest WC by the entrance while we clean and prepare the houses' main bedrooms and bathrooms for incoming guests. On such days we aim to have the house ready for check-in by 5pm, though depending on the state the house is left in by the previous group this is not always possible. Guests are however welcome to arrange to drop off their bags while we finish cleaning and preparing the house for their check-in. Please discuss details of your required timings with Cecilia as far in advance as possible to help with the house's time-management.
The whole house is available to guests, with the exception of one of the bedrooms by the kitchen where your hosts will sleep (unless otherwise organised that they will be away during your stay). The kitchen has a hob cooker, an oven, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and there is a BBQ as well as a small old-fashioned bread-oven outside. There is no dish-washing machine, so dishes have to be done by hand. Please inquire if you'd like to have someone cook and clean up for you during your stay. There is also a pantry for storing food and a laundry room for washing your clothes.
There is a ping-pong table, a beach volleyball net and an inflatable sea-kayak, as well as numerous board games available for guest use.
Interaction with guests
(Unless otherwise planned/requested) Your hosts will NOT be at the property during your stay. They can however be easily contacted and they will arrange for someone to meet you at the house for check-in and check-out.
Other things to note
If you still need an excuse to visit - the Algarve boasts an average of 300 days of sunshine a year! Portugal is also home to some of the world's finest food, with locally sourced fresh fish, fruit and vegetables bursting with flavour, delicious pastries and cheese, accompanied by exquisite wines.
License or registration number49331/AL
Learn about this number
*WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT*
- The house is off the water-grid so sewage goes into a cesspit. Please flush nothing other than "what you pass" down the loo. A bin is provided for toilet paper and any other rubbish . This will help keep our cesspit remain operational.
- Guests are also asked to take care with their usage of tap water, avoiding necessary wastage whenever possible. This will help prevent the tap water from becoming too salty (from a well close to the sea) once all the rainwater is used up (rainwater is scarce in this part of the world!). 4 min shower timers are provided to help manage shower-time water use.
- Please use the recycling bins to separate rubbish when possible. The closest rubbish disposal point is a drive away, so this will greatly help with your waste management. Please take all the rubbish and recycling away with you when you leave.
- When no one is around (or awake) please do not leave windows or doors open to the outside. This prevents both local animals (mosquitos, snakes, etc!) and uninvited guests from getting into the house. If it is warm, the shutters can be left closed and the windows open - the shutters have mosquito netting so they let a breeze through while leaving everything else out!
- If you are the last one out, please make sure all shutters and doors around the house are properly closed and please turn on the alarm system. Also please make sure the gate is left closed and locked behind you. All this is especially important upon check-out!
* GENERAL *
- If you want to hold a party at Quinta Albasol please discuss/arrange this previously with the owners. Unannounced guests are otherwise not allowed.
- You will most likely be the only people around in a radius of about 500 m, BUT if there are people staying in the house next door, please be mindful of late-night noise to neighbours.
- If you wear make-up, please bring make-up removal wipes with you and please do not wipe make-up off using our towels. Water-proof mascara has proved particularly hard to clean off our white towels and bed linen without washing them several times which is very wasteful for us (as water is scarce!) and not good for the environment. Many thanks!
- We do not generally charge a cleaning fee, however beware that if the house and grounds are left terribly dirty and messy, we may have to claim a cleaning fee from your deposit to make up for the extra outlays we will have during time spent getting the house clean and tidy again. Please be particularly mindful of this if you plan to host an event at Quinta Albasol. Most of our guests are fantastic, and leave the place as they find it, however we have had one or two surprises in the past where it has taken us 4 very long days (and nights!) to clean and tidy up the house after guests stays, which is unacceptable, so we now reserve the right to make a claim if the house is left in such a state.
THANK YOU for respecting our house rules! We hope you have an amazing time at Quinta Albasol! :-)
Quinta Albasol (Registered Short-Term Let License No. 49331/AL) is the much-loved, family-owned holiday home of a traditional Portuguese family from the Lisbon area. The house was built in the late 1960s by the current owners' parents and the now-extended family have enjoyed many wonderful times at the house over the years.
The family has decided to open the doors of this amazing house for other guests to enjoy, at times when it's not in use by the family.
Your hosts Cecilia and Adam are in their 30s and have lived a little all over the world - having spent their years between Scotland, Lisbon and England, with stints in Sri Lanka, Peru and Australia - however this little corner of the world is by far their favorite place! Cecilia grew up spending all her holidays at Quinta Albasol and she loves sharing her local knowledge with guests, ensuring they make the most of their time at Albasol. While Cecilia and Adam will not be at the house (unless otherwise planned), they can be easily contacted at any time. They have extensive experience hosting (as well as travelling!) on AirBnB, mostly at their flat in Edinburgh (Scotland):
We look forward to hosting you!
- - -
Check out a video some of our (super fun!) guests have created of their experience at Quinta Albasol - it really highlights the spirit and potential the house has:
["Nossa Senhora da Rocha_WIP" Video by Matthew Moult on VIMEO; Music by Essay & Stumbleine]
-> Photos of other events held at Quinta Albasol are also available on the house's social media page (Quinta Albasol, Algarve).
- - -