Our 3 bedroom house is a fully renovated, brick, Italianate freestanding building on one of the best residential streets in Hudson, one block south of the main shopping street. Everything, including the train station, is in walking distance.
The house is on a corner so light floods the elegant high ceilinged rooms through the multiple tall windows and two bay windows. There is a double parlor with original sliding pocket doors and a gas fireplace (not working yet but the house is toasty with a state of the art heating system). The house is furnished with antiques and art and comfortable upholstered furniture, with plenty of throws and blankets for comfort. There is a separate study with a large flat screen TV and pullout sofa. There is cable service and wifi. There is a full bath with tiled shower on the first floor. The renovated eat in kitchen is fully furnished and has two big windows and a door onto the back porch leading to the private shady landscaped garden.
The grand stairhall leads to the second floor with its three good sized bedrooms and huge full bath with an oversized clawfoot tub as well as a large tiled shower.
All three of the bedrooms have queen sized beds. These rooms also have tall ceilings and large windows. They are cheerful and bright.
The house is fully air conditioned and heated and has an alarm system. It is probably best suited for adults or families with older children.
The house is 5 blocks from the train station (so easily walkable) and 1 block from the main street in Hudson, Warren Street, so it is perfectly situated for exploring Hudson. It is next door to Zak Pellacio's restaurant Fish & Game, one of the hottest new restaurants in town, so it is perfect for drinks or dinner, then wandering back to the house. A block away
is Cafe le Perche, where you can get the best coffee and croissants anywhere.
Interaction with guests
We are available any time via text or phone to help our guests.
Other things to note
The City of Hudson has recently imposed a 4% lodging tax which is included in your nightly rate.
We are so glad you have chosen to stay at our home. We are delighted to have you as our guests, and have tried to prepare everything in a way that makes you feel welcomed and comfortable. We have what we hope is a simple request in return – that you treat the house as if you were a guest in the home of a good friend. It is different from a hotel, with lots of staff – this is just us – two sisters, with some cleaning help but that’s it. Here's a checklist of things we ask you to review before you leave:
- If you increased or decreased the temperature on either/both floors, hit “run” to return it to the original settings
- If you moved furniture, it should be moved back to where it was
- All dirty dishes are put in the dishwasher and dishwasher run
- Kitchen counters are wiped down
- All garbage is put in trash bins upstairs or in the kitchen
- Overflow garbage/recyclables are taken outside in plastic bags and put into respective bins with top replaced (individual pieces of garbage should never go into the bins outside – always in white plastic bags and secured)
- Pots that are too big for the dishwasher are washed and put back
- Keys are back in the lockbox and all additional keys returned
- Duvet covers and sheets are stripped from beds and put in the laundry room (we realize this may take some time – if you are in a rush it’s OK if you can’t do it but we greatly appreciate it)
- Anything that has broken or ripped/torn is reported to us
- All doors are locked
- All windows are locked
Sara and Kate