Home decor is traditional with an open floor plan. Back yard is an "island paradise" complete with large patio table and cushioned chairs (reservations are for adults only 18+ due to the pool).
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED to help you fuel up to start the day!
Do you love visiting Orange County but find the hotels noisy and expensive? For a quiet, relaxing alternative, consider Bali H'ai in Costa Mesa. Single-story home on a corner lot provides ample free parking. Our room has a comfortable queen-sized bed and lots of closet and drawer space for travelers who want to stay awhile.
Love to shop? We are located 5 minutes from world-class mall South Coast Plaza. John Wayne Airport (SNA) is just 5 minutes away. Like the beach? Huntington State Beach and Newport Beach are 15 minutes from here. Enjoy Disneyland? It's just up Harbor Blvd, less than 20 minutes away.
For a peaceful, friendly and inexpensive alternative to crowded hotels, consider Bali H'ai in Costa Mesa for your next visit to Orange County.
When you are here, you are family.
Bedroom, bathroom (shared), kitchen, living room, dining room, and a beautiful back yard with pool.
Also, we're excited to announce the addition of a new whole-house water filtration system, including an optional additional drinking water source for providing alkaline water!
Other things to note
Central location - Disneyland is just up Harbor Blvd. South Coast Plaza, Segerstrom Center for the Arts and the Segerstrom Concert Hall are just minutes away. John Wayne Airport is less than 10 minutes away.
Each of the Bali H’ai rooms in our home is treated by us as a private sanctuary for our guests. We’ve worked hard to establish this atmosphere, and have been lucky to host guests from all over the world. Each guest is treated with dignity and respect.
Our home is located in an older, quiet neighborhood, close enough to main thoroughfares, but far enough away to provide some solitude in an otherwise-bustling Orange County.
Because multiple guests (and host family) are in close proximity, we have established a few rules and guidelines for guests to follow:
1. We encourage guests to use common areas, which are areas of the home shown to the guest during the tour. These areas include the bathroom, kitchen, dining room and the back yard/pool area. Because we make every effort to keep these areas picked up, clean and sanitary, we would expect our guests to respect this same cleanliness when they use or leave the room. We have a shared bathroom, and we consider it disrespectful if a guest leaves the bathroom with wet towels, water splashed on the sink and floor, or leaving a damp bath mat on the floor. Likewise, please rinse any hair, soap and shampoo down the shower drain. In our home, everyone is entitled to enter a shower enclosure that is clean.
2. Another very common area is the kitchen. We are proud that it’s the hub of our home. Some guests like to either warm food items up (microwave and toaster), and some guests even wish to do some limited cooking. But we keep our kitchen picked up and the bar and stove area washed down. We will expect you will leave it in the same condition when you leave the kitchen area. There can be no stovetop cooking before 10:00 a.m., or after 8:00 p.m.
3. Part of the private sanctuary atmosphere is created because we respect our guests’ wishes to have a peaceful place to relax. But we also understand that sometimes, guests have to rise-and-shine early due to plane flights, meetings or work. However, no guest who is trying to sleep should be awakened by a guest carelessly closing doors, holding loud conversation or talking on the phone. Phone conversations before 8:00 a.m. can take place in the garage or outside. Conversations with other guests before 8:00 a.m. should be done at a low volume so other guests can enjoy sleeping in.
4. California is in the throes of a long drought. Because of this, citizens have been asked to drastically cut water consumption. This is why we do not list washer/dryer on our amenities list. There are laundromats close by, and we would be happy to give directions to a few in this area. This rule is negotiable ONLY if a guest is long-term.
5. Recreational drug use is prohibited on this property, as is smoking.
6. We want our guests to enjoy the patio and pool area. Pool is unheated, and the depth is 3.5 feet to 5 feet. Absolutely NO DIVING.
My favorite room in the house is the kitchen, which is the hub of activity. Whenever I host guests, I find that people tend to congregate in the heart of a home....where the food is! When relaxing outside, the place I like most is the back yard: I love listening to the waterfall and watching hummingbirds gather nectar from the feeder. I am blessed with 3 adult children, and we are a very close-knit family. I also have siblings and in-laws close by, and I love to entertain them with a meal. Hobbies include reading, films, and exercising with my kids (when they have time for me!).