Village cottage for 5 overlooking stunning National Park
2 bedrooms (1 x double 1 x twin,) 1 child's single room (curtain divider)
2 Fantastic Large Terraces
Wi-fi (extra charge)
Village Food shop
Lots of floors and lots of rooms and lots of character and charm
This unassuming little cottage is straight out of Dr Who's tardis. Behind its humble exterior lies comfortable and extensive accommodation over 4 floors. In offers beds for 5 people arranged as 1 double master bedroom, 1 twin bedded room, 1 single room. (There is also a sofa bed which if used occupies one of the reception rooms). `The cottage offers 2 bathrooms, one extra generous with bath and shower and 2 basins. It has 3 reception rooms, one with cosy fireplace, another with a wall of glass onto stupendous wild National Park and the Apuan mountain range. Two stunning sun terraces, one off the master bedroom, are equipped for al fresco eating and sunbathing. The lower terrace is covered under a terracotta roofed pergola. This spot is heavenly for suppers and leisurely lunches; it's also a spectacular place to watch a thunder and lightning storm pass up the valley and engulfing the neighbouring medieval villages.
* Wi-fi internet -even on the beautiful terraces! (extra charge:€4p/d cash)
* Use of whole house with 11 rooms
* Bonus Bed Linen and bath towels included
* Bigger Bonus - Beds made up on arrival!
* Luxurious 1 large double bed, 3 singles and sofa bed
* Sun beds, sun umbrella and BBQ
* DVD machine to watch old Italian moves
* Large sun terrace of master bedroom
* Equipped kitchen with dishwasher
* 2 Bathrooms, one with bath
* 3 comfortable reception rooms, each with original Tuscan features
* Beams, fireplace, terracotta floors, stone sink, local marble work tops.
Walking distance to local shops including butcher and 'alimentari' delicatessen/grocery shop, Hardware shop and post office
Oven fired Pizzas home made from the local trattoria every weekend
Fantastic views from every floor
Pisa airport 75mins drive
Interaction with guests
English-speaking key holder nearby, very friendly and knowledgable. She will help with all your needs and owner can be contacted by email.
Other things to note
In the Summer, visits to the seaside are easily achievable in a day (1.5 hrs away). Cross over into Liguria north of Tuscany along the coast and explore the Carrara mable mountains or the stunning seaside town of Lerici and the Cinque Terre. In the winter the ski resort (1.5 hrs away) is to be found in Abetone.
Tuscan cities such as Florence, Pisa and Volterra are all within an hour and a half. The beautiful walled city of Lucca is 40 mins away where the trains can whisk you into the heart of Florence and Pisa in no time.
1.This is a non smoking house.
2.To use WI-FI please be aware that there is an additional cash payment of €4 a day - you indicate which days and we will make it available - leave cash on kitchen table on departure
3. We would be pleased if our guests would leave the cottage in as similar a condition of tidiness as to how they found it.
4.Pets are allowed but pets are not permitted on beds or soft furnishings please!
5. Logs for Real Fire - must not be left unattended when lit.
6. Children should always be accompanied on the terraces.
There are many floors in the property.
7. Please leave cash for WI-FI €4 a day on kitchen table with note saying number of day's use. Thank you.
I live in England in Somerset where we do Bed and Breakfast from our Georgian townhouse. We also rent our little home in Italy 'Casa Bella' which is a home from home experience. Once you've stayed in Wells and have enjoyed this home, don't stop there = go to Italy and discover a gorgeous romantic hideaway!
We love the village of Tereglio and all things Italian including the people, architecture, art, landscapes, food , wine and music. You will find both homes crammed with art on the walls and art books on the shelves. You may also find 3 beautiful adult children at home who enjoy meeting new guests as much as I do! Hope to see you soon!