The Red & Blue Bedrooms comprise two separate bedrooms with twin beds and a private bathroom shared between them, within a beautiful, large rustic house. Other rooms are rented independently. Whole house rental also listed on AirBnB!
Registered Short-Term Let Licence No.: 49331/AL.
The Red Bedroom is large with two twins beds and space for two extra fold-out beds, so it is suitable for two adults and two children or four friends sharing. The rooms has a window which boasts incredible views out towards the sea. It has a door linking directly to the bathroom which is for shared use with those in the Blue Bedroom.
The Blue Bedroom has two twin beds which can be arranged next to each other or at two separate sides of the room. There is also space for a cot, if required. The window (complete with window bench!) has a view over the countryside towards Nossa Senhora da Rocha.
Albasol is situated in one of the last unspoiled stretches of the Algarve coastline. This cliff-top paradise is minutes walk from gloriously remote beaches that are practically private, a well-kept local secret.
Both bedrooms have a fire place for keeping warm in the cooler winter nights and have fitted wardrobes. The tiled bathroom is a 4-piece suite, with shower over bath-tub, sink, loo and bidet.
Guests will have shared use of the house's ample amenities during their stay. Apart from the main living room there are 3 other communal living spaces, a large dining room and extensive outdoor terraces. The kitchen is well equipped and laundry facilities are available.
Built in the 1960s, the house's solid, thick walls keep the rooms cool in the summer and trap the heat inside in winter. The vaulted ceilings, archways, curved wooden doors and windows and the iconic Algarvian chimney stacks are all Arabic architectural features that give the house a North African feel and remind us the Algarve (or Al-Gharb as it was then!) was under Moorish Rule for Centuries.
True to the history of the region and to its remote location, the house is rustic and not luxurious in the modern sense, which is part of its charm. The house is off the water-grid, so rain water is collected in a cistern and in the drier months, supplemented by water pumped from a well - which is slightly salty due to its proximity to the sea. While this water is good for cooking, bathing and washing, you'll have to drink bottled water. Open chimneys throughout the house provide "central heating" in the cooler months, which can be supplemented by portable electric radiators if need be.
Apart from the Red & Blue Bedrooms, guests are welcome (and encouraged!) to use the house's ample communal areas, while respecting other potential guests' bedrooms and bathrooms as private.
Guests are also welcomed to cook. The kitchen has a hob cooker, an oven, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and there is an outside BBQ as well as a small old-fashioned bread-oven outside. There is no dish-washing machine, so these will have to be done by hand. Please inquire if you'd like to have someone come and cook and clean up for you during your stay. There is also a pantry for storing food and a laundry room for washing your clothes if need be.
There is a ping-pong table for guest use.
Interaction with guests
Your hosts will be at the property during your stay, but they can either keep well out of your way or they can show you around the local beaches, take you swimming to local caves, take you on coastal walks, etc. Just let us know the type of experience you're after and we'll do our best to cater to your needs.
Please be aware that there may be other guests staying in other bedrooms at Albasol (like at a B&B), so you are asked to be considerate of other guests and to respect their privacy during your stay.
Other things to note
If you still need an excuse to visit - the Algarve boasts an average of 300 days of sunshine a year!
License or registration number49331/AL
Learn about this number
*WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT*
- The house is off the water-grid so sewage goes into a cesspit. Please flush nothing other than "what you pass" down the loo. A bin is provided for toilet paper and any other rubbish . This will help keep our cesspit remain operational.
- Guests are also asked to take care with their usage of tap water, avoiding necessary wastage whenever possible. This will help prevent the tap water from becoming too salty (from a well close to the sea) once all the rainwater is used up (rainwater is scarce in this part of the world!). 4 min shower timers are provided to help manage shower-time water use.
- Please use the recycling bins to separate rubbish when possible. The closest rubbish disposal point is a drive away, so this will greatly help with our waste management.
- When no one is around (or awake) please do not leave windows or doors open to the outside.
- If you are the last one out, please make sure all shutters and doors around the house are properly closed and please turn on the alarm system. (If you are planning to be out all day its best to leave your bedroom shutters closed so others don't have to go into your bedroom to close them before leaving!)
* GENERAL *
- Parties and unannounced guests are not allowed unless previously discussed and arranged with the owners.
- Please keep communal areas (kitchen, living room, etc) tidy when sharing the house with other guests.
- Please be mindful of noise late at night or early morning when sharing the house with other guests. If you are the only people home though, please make as much noise as you want as we generally have no neighbours!!! :-)
- If you wear make-up, please bring make-up removal wipes with you and please do not wipe make-up off using our towels. Water-proof mascara has proved particularly hard to clean off our white towels and bed linen without washing them several times which is very wasteful for us (as water is scarce!) and not good for the environment. Many thanks!
- Finally, guests are asked to be generally considerate of and to respect any other guests that may be staying at Albasol during your visit and that guests respect other guests' bedrooms and bathrooms as private.
THANK YOU for respecting our house rules!
Quinta Albasol (Registered Short-Term Let License No. 49331/AL) is the much-loved, family-owned holiday home of a traditional Portuguese family from the Lisbon area. The house was built in the late 1960s by the current owners' parents and the now-extended family have enjoyed many wonderful times at the house over the years.
The family has decided to open the doors of this amazing house for other guests to enjoy, at times when it's not in use by the family.
Your hosts Cecilia and Adam are in their 30s and have lived a little all over the world - having spent their years between Scotland, Lisbon and England, with stints in Sri Lanka, Peru and Australia - however this little corner of the world is by far their favorite place! Cecilia grew up spending all her holidays at Quinta Albasol and she loves sharing her local knowledge with guests, ensuring they make the most of their time at Albasol. While Cecilia and Adam will not be at the house (unless otherwise planned), they can be easily contacted at any time. They have extensive experience hosting (as well as travelling!) on AirBnB, mostly at their flat in Edinburgh (Scotland):
We look forward to hosting you!
- - -
Check out a video some of our (super fun!) guests have created of their experience at Quinta Albasol - it really highlights the spirit and potential the house has:
["Nossa Senhora da Rocha_WIP" Video by Matthew Moult on VIMEO; Music by Essay & Stumbleine]
-> Photos of other events held at Quinta Albasol are also available on the house's social media page (Quinta Albasol, Algarve).
- - -