Enjoy all that beautiful Seattle offers, just footsteps outside the door of this modern, comfortable one bedroom condo. This 19th floor unit offers a stunning city/water view of Pike Place Market, ferries, mountains, and sunsets.
This 19th floor condo is a comfortable place to take in all that Seattle has to offer. Floor to ceiling windows open up to an expansive city/water view.
The space will comfortably accommodate 1-2 adults ONLY (please, no more than two people, and no children under 12). This is a secure building with 24/7 doorman and keyed entry.
This condo is one block away from the entrance to the world-famous Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, Benaroya Hall, and the entrance to the bus tunnel (where you can catch the Link to SeaTac Airport as well as light rail to near-by neighborhoods like Capitol Hill). The building has an indoor swimming pool and a large, well-appointed gym available for use. There is an expansive outdoor deck on the 5th floor that overlooks the Pike Place Market and Elliot Bay to the west. Here you can relax on one of the chaise lounges or grill dinner on one of several barbecues.
Interaction with guests
I hope to meet with you upon your arrival if my work schedule allows. I am available by cell phone to answer any questions you may have before and during your stay.
Other things to note
You may notice that I had to cancel some of my reservations a couple of years ago. That is because my homeowner's association was not allowing Airbnb rentals at the time. I am now allowed to rent out my condo with Airbnb with a one week minimum lease (see Additional Rules).
The condo has a full kitchen stocked with dishes, pots and pans. Pour-over coffee maker and coffee are provided. Sheets, blankets and towels are also provided. There is a microwave oven and a washer/dryer.
Secure, underground parking may be available for an additional $30/night (compact-mid-size car only due to space limitation)...this will need to be paid in cash at time of arrival (please check with me at time of booking to see if parking will be available during your stay).
I ask that shoes be removed upon entry to the condo. You may want to bring appropriate socks or slippers to wear.
The unit is not air-conditioned. Seattle summers do not typically reach over 85 degrees and most people do not have air-conditioning here. That being said, there may be the occasional heat-wave. Fans are provided and sun can be easily controlled with window blinds.
The condo is located in the heart of downtown Seattle. City noise is minimal with windows closed, but a certain amount of city noise can be expected.
This condo is for one or two adults only. I am sorry, but the unit is simply not conducive to small children. The space will be meticulously cleaned and in pristine condition upon arrival, and I expect guests to treat the space with utmost care and respect. Please feel free to use the kitchen, but please do tidy up and load the dishwasher before leaving. I am sorry, but no pets or smoking are allowed on premises. I do reside in the condo part-time... my personal items are stowed away in drawers and cabinets. There are plenty of available drawers and closet space available for you to unpack your things while here.
My homeowner's association only allows short-term visitors who agree to sign a minimum 7 day lease as well as agree to a background check of the responsible party. I will pay for the background check. You will need to provide your full name, social security number and birthdate upon acceptance of reservation. If your background check reveals any criminal history, I will cancel the reservation immediately and you will not be assessed any cancellation fee.
My homeowners association and insurance also require that you sign a Short Term Rental Agreement. The rental agreement will include your name, date, number of people in party, dates of stay, and a statement to be signed that states you, as my guest, will adhere to all of the Airbnb rules and regulations that you agreed upon at the time of your reservation acceptance. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about signing such an agreement. This short-term rental agreement is to be signed at time of check-in. By accepting the reservation, you agree to all terms of below rental agreement and agree to sign paper copy of rental agreement at commencement of your tenancy.
The following is a copy of above-mentioned rental agreement:
(URL HIDDEN) SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMEN(URL HIDDEN) (Please Print Legibly in Ink)
This agreement made this __________ day of ______________________, 20____ between
Name _____________________________________________________ Phone (_____) _________
(hereinafter called the Tenant) and Ellen Baglien (hereinafter called the Landlord) concerning the short-term rental of the property located at _________.
Total people in renting party: ______ Adults: _______ Children over the age of 12: _____ (not to exceed two adults or one adult and one child over the age of 12).
Rental period begins at 3 p.m. on ___________________ and ends at 12 p.m. on ____________________.
Total Rental Fee: Amount previously agreed upon per Airbnb accepted reservation
Cleaning Fee: Amount previously agreed upon per Airbnb accepted reservation
Security Deposit: Amount previously agreed upon per Airbnb accepted reservation
Total Amount Due: Amount previously agreed upon per Airbnb accepted reservation
Parking Fee (if applicable): $30/night, to be paid in cash to Landlord at check-in.
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlord shall have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenant violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenant waives all rights to process if he/she fails to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenant shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. Tenant shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants.
3 Tenant will follow all house rules posted on listing on Airbnb site as well as rules posted on Welcome letter available in condo.
4. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear per Airbnb security deposit agreed up at time of Airbnb accepted reservation.
5. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
6. The Tenant shall not sublet the property.
7. Tenant shall have no more than 2 persons reside or sleep on the premises (including tenant). No children under the age of 12 may stay in condo.
8. Tenant and Tenant’s guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. Tenant and tenant’s guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenant shall then immediately vacate the premises.
9. Smoking of any kind is prohibited in condo, deck, or on (Condo name) property.
10. Tenant and Tenant’s guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenant expressly recognizes that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenant, and that Tenant should purchase his/her own insurance for Tenant and Guests if such coverage is desired.
11. Tenant agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
12. Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
13. We occasionally experience power outages that are beyond our control. No refunds or compensation will be given for any power outages.
14. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
15. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
16. It is Tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool/hot tub/sauna/gym equipment. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool/hot tub/sauna/gym equipment can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool. Tenant agrees to use pool area only during permitted hours. Tenant acknowledges that pool/sauna/hot tub may be occasionally unavailable due to cleaning or other circumstances.
17. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
18. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
19. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
20. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
21. Tennant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
22. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it is prudent to do so.
23. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
24. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, access problems or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
25. Wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
26. Tenant is responsible for making sure there is/are not any item(s) near baseboard heaters if tenant chooses to turn on the heat. This includes shoes, slippers, clothing, window blind cords, and/or any other item.
27. Tenant agrees to abide by _____ Rules and Regulations while staying on premises. A copy of all (Condo name) Rules and Regulations is available on premises for tenant to view.
28. If you will be parking in the _____ residential parking garage, you will be responsible for any and all damage done to parking garage/vehicles in the garage that was done by you or your car.
29. Parking fee is $30/night, non-refundable, and is to be paid in cash to Landlord at time of check-in. A garage keycard will be provided if parking is desired. Parking availability is not guaranteed.
30. _____ key(s) are provided at time of check-in: ____ unit key(s), ____ electronic key card(s), 1 pool key, and ____ garage key card. A charge of $50.00 per key will be charged for each key that is not returned at end of stay.
31. Tenant will be provided a “Condition of Premises” that will list preexisting damage in condo. Tenant will be held responsible for any and all damage to unit that is discovered after stay. This “Condition of Premises” will be available at check-in time for Tenant to review. If Tenant notices any preexisting damage that is not listed on “Condition of Premises” at time of check-in, it can be added to form and initialed by both Tenant and Landlord.
Please sign below. Please leave signed copy on kitchen counter. A copy is provided for you. Acceptance of reservation on Airbnb website implies agreement with all terms listed in this rental agreement.
Landlord address: Ellen Baglien, _____
I agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided above is true:
Tenant ____________________________________________________________ Date ______________
Tenant’s Printed Name__________________________________________________________________
I enjoy traveling to new places, but am also excited about visiting locales close to home in the Pacific Northwest. I have been traveling since my early twenties when I toured the world aboard ocean freighters. I am particularly interested in exploring restaurants and sites off the beaten path.
I am a clean and quiet guest, always striving to leave my space as clean or cleaner than the condition I found it. I look forward to staying at your unique place as a base for my next adventure!
As a host, I hope to be a resource to anyone visiting my beautiful city of Seattle. I have been here for 32 years and am happy to share what I believe makes Seattle one of the world's best cities.