SCIROCCO ROOM watch around from the top the small neighborhood overlooking south towards the sea.
It is accessed through the garden on the side of the mountain in whose lap leaning seems.
This house lives as much as possible in harmony of the nature.
Here are some helpful suggestions to well use an ancient Aeolian house for a sustainable hospitality:
- Water is precious everywhere. In Stromboli even more. Please, save it as much as possible and try to recycle it to water the plants around you.
- The terraces are used to rainwater harvesting: try to keep them very clean and NEVER throw WATERS, DETERGENTS or anything that may pollute the rainwater collected in the reserve tank. Please, pay a particular attention to cigarette butts.
- DO NOT THROW ANYTHING IN W. C. because it could clogs the filtering sump. Use always the bin even for the toilet paper.
- It’s strictly forbidden the use of poisons for insects and animals (powders, foams, poisoned baits, etc.) that may pollute the terraces, the water, the soil, the animals and the surrounding environment.
- Remember to turn off the lights outside during the night: the whole ecosystem will be grateful and you will better enjoy the magic of starry nights.
- It’s strongly advised against the use of candles, due to numerous small as irreparable damages already suffered.